Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    MedozK said:
    Found a pretty nice UK (A3 / B3) Dark Side today, took it for a preliminary spin tonight. Looks great, still plays with a little more noise than I like, some tics in the intro to Speak to Me, but I guess its ok. I will take it for a better listen when I have time.

Its my first UK, got it pretty cheap. So I can compare to my 1st US pressing (Wly cut), and my KG 30th anniversary cuts. Should be a nice A/B session.

Report out please..

Have you already decided that those two versions are better than the 2016?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727

Whoa!  Rattle those walls!  Good stuff there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

The 

Whoa!  Rattle those walls!  Good stuff there!
    Haha. You know it!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Found a pretty nice UK (A3 / B3) Dark Side today, took it for a preliminary spin tonight. Looks great, still plays with a little more noise than I like, some tics in the intro to Speak to Me, but I guess its ok. I will take it for a better listen when I have time.

Its my first UK, got it pretty cheap. So I can compare to my 1st US pressing (Wly cut), and my KG 30th anniversary cuts. Should be a nice A/B session.

Report out please..

Have you already decided that those two versions are better than the 2016?
    No, I was just going with the AAA pressings. I will definitely listen through the 2016 in as well though. I have always heard that the A2/B2 1st UK pressing the the best, but the A3/B3 gets some praise also.
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Awesome!! Mine is in the mail. Let us know what you think.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    I think it will be thrilling.

Sorry :/
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's really good.  Definitely full, cut fairly loudly, but not too loud.  I don't have another version with which to compare, but I'm pleased with it.  Very nice box and inserts though.  They put some money into that, maybe to mollify the masses.  You can see on the sticker that they have the IPS->DSD lineage.  I debated cancelling it when all the madness happened, but I've been very happy with Janis, Allman's and other MOFI (whether One Step or not) compared to available versions that it didn't make sense to cancel.  It's not like it was choosing between AP Kind of Blue and MOFI Kind of Blue.  AP every day of the week.  

Next up is Petty Fillmore arriving Friday.  That's the grail for me.  I've been listening to radio boots of those shows for 25 years now, so I can't wait to have a properly mastered version. My expectations are through the roof. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Please keep your comments in the proper thread.  https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/296808/post-your-best-dad-joke#latest
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's really good.  Definitely full, cut fairly loudly, but not too loud.  I don't have another version with which to compare, but I'm pleased with it.  Very nice box and inserts though.  They put some money into that, maybe to mollify the masses.  You can see on the sticker that they have the IPS->DSD lineage.  I debated cancelling it when all the madness happened, but I've been very happy with Janis, Allman's and other MOFI (whether One Step or not) compared to available versions that it didn't make sense to cancel.  It's not like it was choosing between AP Kind of Blue and MOFI Kind of Blue.  AP every day of the week.  

Next up is Petty Fillmore arriving Friday.  That's the grail for me.  I've been listening to radio boots of those shows for 25 years now, so I can't wait to have a properly mastered version. My expectations are through the roof. 
    Awesome, we need to start a Vinyl Review thread.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Awesome, we need to start a Vinyl Review thread.

TAG, YOU'RE IT!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Just arrived 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    GB281198 said:
    Just arrived 
    YEAH!!!  Mine is today, can't wait.  

Where in VA are you?  I'm in Richmond.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

Please keep your comments in the proper thread.  https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/296808/post-your-best-dad-joke#latest

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    GB281198 said:
    Just arrived 
    YEAH!!!  Mine is today, can't wait.  

Where in VA are you?  I'm in Richmond.  
    SE Virginia about 45 minutes west of VA Beach 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    GB281198 said:
    Just arrived 
    Oohlala, nice!!
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    GB281198 said:
    Just arrived 
    Oohlala, nice!!
    Going to start listening to it tonight been looking forward to this one 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    SP Rubano Tapes V2
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    Moby - Play. Even Australia is all in on Black Friday sales even though we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. Nice pick up, $20 off. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 748

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    Fear Inoculum
    Jairus Sharif-Water 4 Tools
    Kevin Morby-Still Life

• Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

Oh, come on fellas.  Did you really think Loujoe's little pun was that Bad?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

Hsssss......
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

Hsssss......

and BOO before that!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2022
    LJ is the man. Ignore em bud
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    I heart u^ I can take a kick in the gut or a punch in the jaw! Did I tell you about that motorhead show.... ;) I should have given 'maddog' a taste of the pain he so graciously shared with me. But I'm more of a lover than fighter. Especially in the pit. F..k him anyway.

Back to thread integrity you sons of guns.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889

Just got this today. I bought it off someone on Lost Dogs. Sometimes when I buy expensive records that have been sealed for years I feel weird opening it. But I really want to play it. So the shrink will be coming off soon.