I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    How much is a DSD release from MoFi going for these days? 
    I really could care less about the whole dsd thing. If it sounds good to me that's all I care about and let's be honest a lot of vinyl these days is not AAA or is digitally sourced. The big thing was them not being upfront about their sources and procedures. With all of that being said I got this for 40 bucks. Not bad. 
    I do care, that’s why I asked. Thanks for the detailed response 😎
    I agree it's a transparency thing.  Certainly MOFI was cagey when their descriptions and they got pinched.  That doesn't mean I'm suddenly displeased with my Janice Pearl or Allman Brothers Brothers and Sisters.  I have originals of both and the MOFI blows them away.  I'm not selling them, but it does lead me to look for other potential versions whereas in the past, MOFI only trailed AP, Music Matters and Blue Note.  Now I'll look at other options and not trust MOFI the way I did. 
    I actually don’t own a single MoFi release. I just could not justify paying 2 or three times the price of the other labels. AP was generally half the cost, and Speakers Corner or Analog Spark (along with Blue Note and MM) a third the price. 
    I don’t doubt they are great no matter the source, just very doubtful I would have had twice or three times the enjoyment I get from the other labels. 
    $40 for In Silent Way is very reasonable and I may pull the trigger on that one as I need a great copy of that record. 
    I would jump on it before they're gone again. The Silent Way is great.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    How much is a DSD release from MoFi going for these days? 
    I really could care less about the whole dsd thing. If it sounds good to me that's all I care about and let's be honest a lot of vinyl these days is not AAA or is digitally sourced. The big thing was them not being upfront about their sources and procedures. With all of that being said I got this for 40 bucks. Not bad. 
    I do care, that’s why I asked. Thanks for the detailed response 😎
    I agree it's a transparency thing.  Certainly MOFI was cagey when their descriptions and they got pinched.  That doesn't mean I'm suddenly displeased with my Janice Pearl or Allman Brothers Brothers and Sisters.  I have originals of both and the MOFI blows them away.  I'm not selling them, but it does lead me to look for other potential versions whereas in the past, MOFI only trailed AP, Music Matters and Blue Note.  Now I'll look at other options and not trust MOFI the way I did. 
    I actually don’t own a single MoFi release. I just could not justify paying 2 or three times the price of the other labels. AP was generally half the cost, and Speakers Corner or Analog Spark (along with Blue Note and MM) a third the price. 
    I don’t doubt they are great no matter the source, just very doubtful I would have had twice or three times the enjoyment I get from the other labels. 
    $40 for In Silent Way is very reasonable and I may pull the trigger on that one as I need a great copy of that record. 
    I would jump on it before they're gone again. The Silent Way is great.
    Yup, it’s sold out. Haha. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I've wanted these on vinyl for a long time and my wife gave them to me for Christmas. I've already played the Pete Yorn 4 times...LOL. (and it sounds awesome!) It's really cool that you can order a signed & personalized copy. 

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2023
    Found a sealed copy of Chris Cornell’s self-titled compilation in a record store today. I’m not sure if this a recent RE but only 5 other discogers have this version. The runout is slightly different than other releases. The hype sticker is similar (not the same) to the 2018 Euro release. The notes on the discogs listing:
    This is the American edition: it has no "made in the Czech Republic" and "BIEM/SDRM" rights society which are printed on the European side labels' rim text instead. There is no trees/Seattle cityscape die cut slipcase with this release. There is no download code

Listening to it right now, nice pressing. I missed out on this when it was released in ‘18 so if you are in the same boat have a lookout, perhaps a silent RE is floating around? 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I've wanted these on vinyl for a long time and my wife gave them to me for Christmas. I've already played the Pete Yorn 4 times...LOL. (and it sounds awesome!) It's really cool that you can order a signed & personalized copy. 

Please tell me more. Ive been looking for a copy of that Pete Yorn for a while, and it seems hard to come by. Would love to get my hands on one...
    here for the music...
  • Options
    Think I just figured it out. Quick google search and I discovered Pyartifact...:) Enjoy the records! Great wife you have there...;)

here for the music...
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    World Record arrived a few weeks ago but, as with any December deliveries, my wife hid it and wrapped it!

Harvest 50th Anniversary and After The Gold Rush 50th Anniversary box sets arrived yesterday. I got these for 40% off and free international shipping. Thanks Neil  =) 

PJ Vault 2 arrived today. It was delivered to the wrong address even though I’d updated my details. Luckily our new place isn’t too far from our old house.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Harvest 50th Anniversary and After The Gold Rush 50th Anniversary box sets arrived yesterday. I got these for 40% off and free international shipping. Thanks Neil  =) 

Why didn't you buy one for me?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Think I just figured it out. Quick google search and I discovered Pyartifact...:) Enjoy the records! Great wife you have there...;)

Yup - that's where she got it. And she is the absolute best!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    goldrush said:
    World Record arrived a few weeks ago but, as with any December deliveries, my wife hid it and wrapped it!

PJ Vault 2 arrived today. It was delivered to the wrong address even though I’d updated my details. Luckily our new place isn’t too far from our old house.

Smart lady, terrific gifts!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pjpjpaul said:

Love those Vertigo labels.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,759
    Damn^^score!!
  • Options
    2 bucks for all these. Decent dig.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Loujoe said:
    Brothers and Sisters is a wonderful record.  I've probably heard it a thousand times and I never tire of it. 
  • Options
    First time I heard it all. Great gatefold. Only one from them I have.
    May send that bee gees back to the pile. 
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Monster Mash is a must have on vinyl. When I did have a record player, I would play that for the kids at Halloween for sure. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Loujoe said:

Graveyard smash! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Monster Mash is a must have on vinyl. When I did have a record player, I would play that for the kids at Halloween for sure. 
    I have the 45 of that song. Great looking lp. That cover is hot. Get a record player! Or maybe I should get rid of mine :/ 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Hi! said:
    I have the 45 of that song. Great looking lp. That cover is hot. Get a record player! Or maybe I should get rid of mine :/ 
    Yeah, I think that’s what I had too. Left them at my old house when I left. I do want to get a record player again, I may at some point. Right now I live with Mom and the only thing she likes is Lawrence Welk and big band stuff. She does like Jack Johnson though, so maybe.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    I did buy a piece of shit Crosley from the store to try and hold me over, but I’m not wasting my time with it anymore. Have learned some things on the forums here if I decide to get a decent one someday.

• Options
    Hey if it works, who cares. We're not gonna be around forever. 
  • Options
    Right…

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Brothers and Sisters is a wonderful record.  I've probably heard it a thousand times and I never tire of it. 
    Funny thing a few weeks ago I donated a best of Dwayne Allman record I didn't really listen to. Came back to look and this one was there. Looking at the liner notes I see he's not on this record. Whatever. I'll shut-up. Never :) 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Funny thing a few weeks ago I donated a best of Dwayne Allman record I didn't really listen to. Came back to look and this one was there. Looking at the liner notes I see he's not on this record. Whatever. I'll shut-up. Never :) 
    Yeah he died during Eat A Peach recordings.  I think you can tell the influences change on Brothers, as it's more countrified with Dicky on the lead compared to Duane who was more delta blues.  

Jessica is obviously the center piece of the record.  I read once that Dicky wrote it while watching his infant/toddler Jessica bounce around in her little bouncy chair.  So now whenever I listen, I can picture a little baby bouncing around with a huge smile.  It's a masterpiece.  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah he died during Eat A Peach recordings.  I think you can tell the influences change on Brothers, as it's more countrified with Dicky on the lead compared to Duane who was more delta blues.  

Jessica is obviously the center piece of the record.  I read once that Dicky wrote it while watching his infant/toddler Jessica bounce around in her little bouncy chair.  So now whenever I listen, I can picture a little baby bouncing around with a huge smile.  It's a masterpiece.  
    Jessica is one of my happy songs. If I am in a bad mood it always lifts my spirits. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

Jessica is one of my happy songs. If I am in a bad mood it always lifts my spirits. 
    You can't help but smile during the song.  I also love the covers and gatefold showing the children and the band and family at their ranch.  
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Yep. Looks like a happy place to be. My lp cover was destroyed at one time. Someone lovingly taped it back together. Got some years on it. Sometimes these used records make me the happiest. Thinking about all the time they spent somewhere else til they find me.

I'll try to post a picture of my well loved ritchie valens record soon. should be in a museum imho.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    there are some love notes written too that are scribbled out. I wonder if it was after he died, if he had a girlfriend or something else. 

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,649
    Idles-Crawler deluxe edition