Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    @Loujoe

Grail found!

Oh man, congratulations!  A grail indeed. I'm hoping for a re-press in the near future.
    Right on BDW! 2024 is the 30th anniversary. Maybe a reissue will be forthcoming, fingers crossed. Just got impatient waiting for a reissue of this and The Grand Pecking Order. Decided to grab this one and then start looking around for the Oysterhead record in the new year along with Of Fungi and Foe.

So Sausage was the OG Primus line up.  Interesting.  I never knew they recorded anything.  I always thought it was Clay, LalOnde and Alexander.  Interesting.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Picked up a second version of s’t QOTSA 2010 reissue.  I had the IPEAC version and now have the later pressing from rekord records.

Yee haw.

I asked for the reissue for Christmas and hope to get the OG one day.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Two ultra cool scores today:
    When I saw Mitch Easter's name on this as producer, I knew I had to have it!

Primary

Primitons – Primiton

Label:Throbbing Lobster – Bisque-8
    Format:
    Vinyl, 12", EP
    Released:1985
    Genre:Rock, Pop
    Style:Alternative Rock

And whoa!  Jazz from another planet and a no brainer on Editions EG vinyl:
    Primary

The Lounge Lizards* – The Lounge Lizards

Label:Editions EG – EGS 108
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:1981
    Genre:Jazz
    Style:Avant-garde Jazz, No Wave

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    A tremendous Monday morning delivery.  

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    brianlux said:

Primary

Primitons – Primiton

Format:
    Vinyl, 12", EP

Primary

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Never heard LL. But know of John from 'fishing with john' epicly odd show about....well....fishing.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    mrussel1 said:

Whoa….
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

• Options
    ^^^ Your golden ticket. I already had the chocolate brown copy so didn’t spring for this one. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:

Primary

Primitons – Primiton

Format:
    Vinyl, 12", EP

Primary

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Never heard LL. But know of John from 'fishing with john' epicly odd show about....well....fishing.

Lurie has done some very cool work!  Beside being with Lounge Lizards, he acted in two great Jim Jarmusch films, Down by Law and Stranger than Paradise .  Musician, film score writer, actor, painter, and yeah, fisherman... really talented guy!

Also from Lounge Lizard is Arto Lindsay who has done some really weird, cool, eccentric guitar work both with LL and particularly with his group, Ambitions Lovers. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Would you hear a difference in a blind test?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Without the slightest doubt in the world.  Original (especially early) Steely Dan records were not pressed well and they tended to be dull.  Plus the vinyl in that era was suspect to start.  I have OGs of all of them.  The only ones that I'm really interested to see if I hear a difference are Aja and Gaucho.  An original Aja is considered the ultimate audiophile pressing, so improving on that will be a challenge.  Gaucho was pressed pretty well too.  But for the two that have come so far (Can't Buy a Thrill and Countdown), it's not even close.  
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Without the slightest doubt in the world.  Original (especially early) Steely Dan records were not pressed well and they tended to be dull.  Plus the vinyl in that era was suspect to start.  I have OGs of all of them.  The only ones that I'm really interested to see if I hear a difference are Aja and Gaucho.  An original Aja is considered the ultimate audiophile pressing, so improving on that will be a challenge.  Gaucho was pressed pretty well too.  But for the two that have come so far (Can't Buy a Thrill and Countdown), it's not even close.  
    word up
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:

Primary

Primitons – Primiton

Format:
    Vinyl, 12", EP

Primary

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Lurie has done some very cool work!  Beside being with Lounge Lizards, he acted in two great Jim Jarmusch films, Down by Law and Stranger than Paradise .  Musician, film score writer, actor, painter, and yeah, fisherman... really talented guy!

Also from Lounge Lizard is Arto Lindsay who has done some really weird, cool, eccentric guitar work both with LL and particularly with his group, Ambitions Lovers. 

Good info. Loved down by law. With Tom waits too! Will have to check out the other one. Thanks blux. You are full of ...

Great knowledge.
    Love you
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:

Primary

Primitons – Primiton

Format:
    Vinyl, 12", EP

Primary

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Good info. Loved down by law. With Tom waits too! Will have to check out the other one. Thanks blux. You are full of ...

Great knowledge.
    Love you

Hey, sweet, love you too, Loujoe!
    Yeah Waits is so cool.  Another huge talent!

• Options
    Just ordered that other flick from my library. That's how the kids are doing it these days 
    Thx
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    My Circuital reissue
    Singles soundtrack reissue and SP Archive arrived. Only PJ vault left for 2022! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Was thinking about buying the Rolling Stones Mono Box set.  It comes out to like $30 a record which isn't bad.  Anybody recommend or veto this one?
  • Options
    Was thinking about buying the Rolling Stones Mono Box set.  It comes out to like $30 a record which isn't bad.  Anybody recommend or veto this one?
    You're talking about these new color vinyl that are just being released or going after the black?

The reviews on that are off the chart.  I don't know the lineage.  I would get it but I don't really love anything before Beggars, when they embraced their scum bug, country side.  I'd love to have Beggars and Let it Bleed in hq mono one day though. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You're talking about these new color vinyl that are just being released or going after the black?

The reviews on that are off the chart.  I don't know the lineage.  I would get it but I don't really love anything before Beggars, when they embraced their scum bug, country side.  I'd love to have Beggars and Let it Bleed in hq mono one day though. 
    Yes, that's it!

https://www.rockandbluesmuse.com/2022/11/15/the-rolling-stones-in-mono-limited-color-edition-vinyl-box-set-to-release-january-20/
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yes, that's it!

https://www.rockandbluesmuse.com/2022/11/15/the-rolling-stones-in-mono-limited-color-edition-vinyl-box-set-to-release-january-20/
    One thing I just learned is that Let it Bleed is only a fold down of the stereo recording.  So listening to your stereo record in mono mode is the same thing, since it was never recorded in mono.  I would think most of the rest of are recorded in mono since that was the way of the world in the early/mid 60's.  
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes, that's it!

One thing I just learned is that Let it Bleed is only a fold down of the stereo recording.  So listening to your stereo record in mono mode is the same thing, since it was never recorded in mono.  I would think most of the rest of are recorded in mono since that was the way of the world in the early/mid 60's.  
    @mrussel1 knows his Stones. He is the one that started my search for clean OG pressings of the big 4 albums.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes, that's it!

I read reviews on it and it seems like the way to buy these early recordings.  One person said "The Beatles and Stones recorded their music this way so you could listen to it this way".

For $350 I'll give it a go.  
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,934
    Looking for to seeing some Holiday hauls in this thread over the next week. I hope there’s some good stuff left under some Christmas trees. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Looking for to seeing some Holiday hauls in this thread over the next week. I hope there’s some good stuff left under some Christmas trees. 

I have one coming for sure (only I know what it is.  She asked me to order it so she could give it to me for Christmas.  :lol:)

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503

• Options

• Options
    It was $375 from them direct.  Amazon is more expensive and Acoustic is more than all of them.

Purchased!!!
  • Options
    It was $375 from them direct.  Amazon is more expensive and Acoustic is more than all of them.

Purchased!!!
    Nice.  Enjoy.