Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    pjpjpaul said:
    Loujoe said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Picked up the target reissue of Purple Rain mastered by KG. 
    That records sounds so great.  Plus the smoke purple looks really cool.  Someone at Target understands vinyl because they consistently pick high quality masters to press.  
    Yeah its great. Like you, I think it's great I can go to Target and find a high quality vinyl record. A couple of the Walmart releases have not been too bad either but I hate going there so if I hear about a decent pressing I usually order it online. 
    Walmart is a fun and good learning experience for people watching sometimes.
    i make sure i look in the mirrors while I'm people watching...yikes!
    I actually had to go there today to grab something really quick and it was prototypical walmart. All of the registers with actual people working were closed so everyone congregated at the self checkout area. Everyone at the registers looked like self checkout was some sort of new concept and each person had to ask an associate for assistance and the person Who eventually came to help them looked just as puzzled as each of the customers. It's like all of the "people of Walmart," stereotypes came to fruition in real time and I just stood there half laughing half crying inside. Good start to the day. 
    Go to the Mechanicsville one, out on 360.  That place is wild. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Loujoe said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    That records sounds so great.  Plus the smoke purple looks really cool.  Someone at Target understands vinyl because they consistently pick high quality masters to press.  
    Yeah its great. Like you, I think it's great I can go to Target and find a high quality vinyl record. A couple of the Walmart releases have not been too bad either but I hate going there so if I hear about a decent pressing I usually order it online. 
    I actually had to go there today to grab something really quick and it was prototypical walmart. All of the registers with actual people working were closed so everyone congregated at the self checkout area. Everyone at the registers looked like self checkout was some sort of new concept and each person had to ask an associate for assistance and the person Who eventually came to help them looked just as puzzled as each of the customers. It's like all of the "people of Walmart," stereotypes came to fruition in real time and I just stood there half laughing half crying inside. Good start to the day. 
    and wonderful?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,660
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Loujoe said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    I can only imagine. I try to stick to the one off brook road because it's so close but if I'm feeling especially crazy ull have to head there sometime. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    a statement I never thought I'd read. 
    I know but it's true.  Their pressing decisions are really good. 
    Probably have to thank Garth Brooks.  I think he was about the first huge name to do the target exclusive thing. Then they got into the exclusive vinyl and I thought at the time DMB was nuts for doing a target exclusive.  And here we are.  

I may be missing some artists but that’s how I remember it 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    a statement I never thought I'd read. 
    I know but it's true.  Their pressing decisions are really good. 
    Probably have to thank Garth Brooks.  I think he was about the first huge name to do the target exclusive thing. Then they got into the exclusive vinyl and I thought at the time DMB was nuts for doing a target exclusive.  And here we are.  

I may be missing some artists but that’s how I remember it 
    I think you're right that DMB Come Tomorrow was my first one.. Then Rhino's Choice.  Since then I've only bought a few, but I've bought more than that for my son.  Been a good way to add to his collection with quality pressings at a reasonable price. 
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421

Few things I’ve picked up over the past month or so. Also got the Neil Young & Horse Rust Bucket set.

the center row left and center LPs are from the Analog Africa label. Their releases are first-rate if you’re into international tunes. Lots of great stuff. So are Khruangbin releases.

The Wes Montgomery and Jimmy Smith releases are OGs that I found while flipping the bargain bins. Pristine condition on both.
  • Options
    Is Bob Dylan's MTV Unplugged worth picking up on vinyl? Is it any good.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Just pre-ordered the Fleet Foxes live release on amber wax. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I love that album.  I only have it on CD, but I love  all things Dylan and just bought the SDeluxe third man 80's box set wankfest.  That said...I'd buy unplugged vinyl in a heart beat.  It has some great versions of some songs.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2021
    Picked up these two on “limited time deals” off Amazon.ca
    The Band 8Lp boxset was $141CDN including GST and the Sonny Clark tone poet release was just over $30CDN.  Any Canadians who are interested I believe these are still up there:

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    static111 said:
    I love that album.  I only have it on CD, but I love  all things Dylan and just bought the SDeluxe third man 80's box set wankfest.  That said...I'd buy unplugged vinyl in a heart beat.  It has some great versions of some songs.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Just pre-ordered the Fleet Foxes live release on amber wax. 
    Nice. Thinking of picking that up myself.

Isbell's RSD release, Georgia Blue, arrived earlier this week and I'll be giving that a spin tonight. Hoping to spin the Flag Day soundtrack tonight as well, but I have a feeling that won't arrive until tomorrow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    static111 said:
    Same. With God On Our Side is my fave.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options

Few things I’ve picked up over the past month or so. Also got the Neil Young & Horse Rust Bucket set.

the center row left and center LPs are from the Analog Africa label. Their releases are first-rate if you’re into international tunes. Lots of great stuff. So are Khruangbin releases.

The Wes Montgomery and Jimmy Smith releases are OGs that I found while flipping the bargain bins. Pristine condition on both.
    Congrats on the Wes Montgomery and Jimmy Smith! I especially like the Montgomery, its a great album.

• Options

I went to high school with Dolan Geiman who is the artist that did the cover art for that Marvericks album. He does some really great work. 

https://dolangeiman.com/
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    static111 said:

The unplugged is awesome.  Did you buy it?  How much was it selling for?
  • Options
    static111 said:

If you are a Dylan aficionado you will love it!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    garland09 said:
    static111 said:

I bought it for 55 dollars.

But I think I will give it to a Dylan-fan who just got a baby. 
  • Options
    garland09 said:
    static111 said:

I bought it for 55 dollars.

But I think I will give it to a Dylan-fan who just got a baby. 
    That’s awesome.  They’re in for a treat.
  • Options

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

What kind of lamp is that
  • Options
    It’s a pendant light above our kitchen island
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    Jerry Cantrell Brighten. 
  • Options
    The White Stripes self titled 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

I grabbed this today as well. I’ll give it a spin in a bit here
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    You going to see the tour? I will probably do DC and Portsmouth
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    I got an email and I'm pondering it. I will probably end up at one or the other. I have not seen Jack solo. Only time I saw him was Bonnaroo 2008, which was great. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    Update from Discord on that box set that I completely forgot I ordered…

Boxset Update 12/10/21

We are pleased to announce that after being held up at the port for nearly six weeks, the vinyl has finally been delivered to the plant where the boxsets will be assembled. The project is now in line to be completed and the company doing the work is estimating that we’ll have the finished pieces ready to ship in late January/early February.

Please be aware that shortages and delays are still holding things up and it’s possible that the release will be pushed back even further, but we’re hoping that this schedule will hold and we’ll finally be able to deliver #200.  

Thanks again to all of you who have pre-ordered and have been so patient about the situation!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    my heart skipped a beat
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,468
    edited December 2021

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on