• Options
    AndySlash said:
    y'all need to watch 'a band called death'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btNuWoUN30
    I saw it… about 8 years ago. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    edited December 2021
    ^^^ Yeah, for sure.  Terrific documentary!  See the other recent discussion on the band Death and the documentary here:  https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/223252/death#latest

I have Death's 2015 release N.E.W. on vinyl coming in any day now.  Can't wait to hear it!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

My latest purchases. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    Freddie Hubbard- Ready For Freddie (Blue Note Classic Series)
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

My latest purchases. 
    Did you get Carnegie hall yet?  the sound quality is sooooo much better than Shakespeare...To the point where I feel ripped off that I paid money for Shakespeare first. Carnegie has a better setlist too.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Freddie Hubbard- Ready For Freddie (Blue Note Classic Series)

Freddie Hubbard was awesome.  Saw him at a jazz festival in the mid 80's and I kept expecting flames to start shooting out of his trumpet.  Mesmerizing!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    static111 said:

My latest purchases. 
    Did you get Carnegie hall yet?  the sound quality is sooooo much better than Shakespeare...To the point where I feel ripped off that I paid money for Shakespeare first. Carnegie has a better setlist too.
    Yes. I think I ordered Carnegie Hall together with some album that hasn't been released yet (the Flagday soundtrack maybe...) so haven't gotten it yet. Felt more intrigued about collecting the bootleg series and honestly didn't feel like I need Young Shakespear. But I bought it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    static111 said:

My latest purchases. 
    Yes. I think I ordered Carnegie Hall together with some album that hasn't been released yet (the Flagday soundtrack maybe...) so haven't gotten it yet. Felt more intrigued about collecting the bootleg series and honestly didn't feel like I need Young Shakespear. But I bought it. 
    Had I known how good Carnegie was I would have skipped Shakespeare.  You will love it.  You can hear the strings and the wood, not just the notes. It’s incredible.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

My latest purchases. 
    Had I known how good Carnegie was I would have skipped Shakespeare.  You will love it.  You can hear the strings and the wood, not just the notes. It’s incredible.
    Yes,  agreed.  Shakespeare is extraneous,  particularly if you have Massey too. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited December 2021
    Don't have Massey...

... BUT YOU ALL COULD HAVE WARNED ME ABOUT THIS BEFOREHAND.

NOW IM SITTING HERE WITH A YOUNG SHAKESPEAR AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH IT?! USE IT FOR SHINGLES FOR MY ROOF?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Don't have Massey...

NOW IM SITTING HERE WITH A YOUNG SHAKESPEAR AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH IT?! USE IT FOR SHINGLES FOR MY ROOF?
    Young Shakespeare is a pretty good album. I love the version of Sugar Mountain and The Needle and the Damage Done on it. 
  • Options
    Don't have Massey...

Plenty of talk about it in the Neil thread several weeks ago! 

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Don't have Massey...

A local store had a sealed Massey last week. I thought about buying it to have in case mine ever was damaged. But I thought better of it and left it for another fan. Had a used one on the wall as well. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Don't have Massey...

A local store had a sealed Massey last week. I thought about buying it to have in case mine ever was damaged. But I thought better of it and left it for another fan. Had a used one on the wall as well. 
    How much were they?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Don't have Massey...

How much were they?
    The used one was $60CDN. He didn’t know if it was the 200g or the 180g. It is tough to tell the difference.
    The sealed one was undoubtedly that 140g that surprisingly reappeared last year. I think it was $34CDN and it was RSD so everything was 20% off. 
    Yes, I’m a real nice guy lol. This was a flippers wet dream 
  • Options
    Don't have Massey...

Attach it to a Frisbee!
    Vinyl Frisbee GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Options

• Options
    Don't have Massey...

Lol yes.   I didn’t know you had it until I saw the post.  And I didn’t get my Carnegie hall until recently.  One thing is for sure you would have the hippest roof in town.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    brianlux said:
    Don't have Massey...

Attach it to a Frisbee!

what in the hell is that from? hahaha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Don't have Massey...

Attach it to a Frisbee!

what in the hell is that from? hahaha

I know, weird as all get out, LOL!  I was looking for a gif about using an LP as a Frisbee and that's what came up.  So strange.  And what the hell is that guy who throws the Frisbee wearing for shorts?  A black jock strap?  Wow, the internet is a strange place.  :lol: 

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Hi! said:

I bought a copy on Black Friday, but I haven't opened it yet. I am looking forward to spinning it soon.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    This is without a doubt one of the greatest pieces of cinematography I have ever witnessed.

How has this artistry escaped me all these years?
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    Finally got around to picking up the U2 Joshua Tree 7 lp vinyl box set. Have been eyeing it for years and finally got it when Sunrise Records had it on sale for $140 CAD last week and super happy I did. Gorgeous box and the sound of all 7 lp's is amazing. Normally I don't listen to remixes more than once or twice but I really like the ones in this box and have listed to them multiple times now. And the live show is incredible. Really happy to finally own this. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    dankind said:
    it's the napolean dynamite "yes" clenched fist that does it for me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    Today has been a good day. Checked off two items that have been on my wishlist for a while.

Bob Dylan 45 rpm mofi Blonde on Blonde
    Neil Young Massey Hall 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Today has been a good day. Checked off two items that have been on my wishlist for a while.

Bob Dylan 45 rpm mofi Blonde on Blonde
    Neil Young Massey Hall 
    Was your Blonde delivered already?