I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• GlowGirl said:

I got the limited edition marble vinyl. Looking forward to spinning it. 

I am also waiting for two Tom Petty albums I ordered 2 weeks ago. USPS tracking said the package was supposed to have been here last Saturday. There was no additional update on the tracking site. After an infuriating call to USPS I was told it was sent to the wrong local branch of the post office in NYC. Rather than simply sending it to the right branch (Manhattan is not that big area wise), they had to send it back to the sorting center to be rerouted. Since media mail does not have priority it could be up to 10 days before they resend it. It was their fuck up and now I have wait. Rage-inducing for sure. 
    Fantastic album, amazing pressing and remastering job. All new vinyl should sound this good. Mine is a black copy but I’m sure the variant will be excellent as well. 
    My limited marbled version is not good - warped, lots of surface noise and pops / ticks throughout on at least Disc 1 - have been in touch with the webstore so hope they can sort, but really disappointed given all the great comments on the black vinyl version. If you bought this I would definitely open and check it for quality. Looks amazing though!
    That is really unfortunate. Sorry to hear that because the black wax is sublime. One of the best new rock/alternative vinyl listening experiences I’ve had in a while. 
    Thanks, such a shame. And all they could offer was a refund, which given it is limited is the best I could expect I suppose, but definitely ruins to experience for me. Maybe a really good clean will get rid of some of the noise, we'll see.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!
    Found this at a local shop last weekend. It has a slight warp that affects the first 2 minutes of the 1st song on side 2. The rest sounds absolutely amazing. I wish they'd just reissue their catalog, but I'm so happy to have this...been looking for a long time.

Spinning this now & it sounds fucking great.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Preordered as well.  One for me, one for my son.  This is a famous show, for any DMB afficianados out there.  It is the live debut of many songs that came from the famously awesome Lillywhite Sessions. 

Preorder for warehouse only?
    I'm not sure since I'm a member.  Did you try the link?
    No, didn’t see it
    https://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com/dept/live-trax-58?cp=6_110591&token=956bfcb5-abea-4b67-acab-0cdf88b20aee&publicKey=163c6d7a-6763-4a0b-a9c0-4ffdd6e0cade
    Thanks , but I’m not a member. 
    I didn't realize it was members only.  I thought you just couldn't find it. 
    No worries. Appreciate it
    Available here for non-members:  https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/product/DMLP733/live-tax-vol-58-4-lp-set?cp=1_110590
    Thanks!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Preordered as well.  One for me, one for my son.  This is a famous show, for any DMB afficianados out there.  It is the live debut of many songs that came from the famously awesome Lillywhite Sessions. 

Preorder for warehouse only?
    I'm not sure since I'm a member.  Did you try the link?
    No, didn’t see it
    https://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com/dept/live-trax-58?cp=6_110591&token=956bfcb5-abea-4b67-acab-0cdf88b20aee&publicKey=163c6d7a-6763-4a0b-a9c0-4ffdd6e0cade
    Thanks , but I’m not a member. 
    I didn't realize it was members only.  I thought you just couldn't find it. 
    No worries. Appreciate it
    Available here for non-members:  https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/product/DMLP733/live-tax-vol-58-4-lp-set?cp=1_110590
    Thanks!
    Nice.  Glad you're going to score this.  Should be fantastic. 
    Figured someone may want some of these. Get'em before they sell out

https://craftrecordings.com/collections/prestige-records-blue-lp-collection
    MedozK said:

I don't like that Craft doesn't share the pressing info upfront.  I have several of those already and they are so good,  but I can't imagine the Lush Life (as an example) is the KG version for $21.  

But yet if it is,  I'll kick myself. 
    edited November 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

I don't like that Craft doesn't share the pressing info upfront.  I have several of those already and they are so good,  but I can't imagine the Lush Life (as an example) is the KG version for $21.  

But yet if it is,  I'll kick myself. 
    Yea, I think these are the latest OJC pressings. RTI pressed not sure of engineers. But I did pick up the Yusef Lateef (didn't have it), and Colossus. I have the 2017 KG Colossus, but I think the latest OJC was a repress of the KG/SH (DCC Stampers). Hoping it is so I can A/B them.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

This record sounds awesome!  The bass is so upfront, I love it!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

• This record sounds awesome!  The bass is so upfront, I love it!
    Agreed! They did a fantastic job on this one. Has me even more excited for the upcoming Black Saint and the Sinner Lady release 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701

The new Hum album that came out last year. 
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!
    Found this at a local shop last weekend. It has a slight warp that affects the first 2 minutes of the 1st song on side 2. The rest sounds absolutely amazing. I wish they'd just reissue their catalog, but I'm so happy to have this...been looking for a long time.

yup. makes me less hesitant to get a non-picture lateralus and a 10k days......  not sure about FI yet....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    GlowGirl said:

This is an amazing album!!!  I've played this record a ton, great pressing and mastering.  I really need a copy of Downward Is Heaven.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    GlowGirl said:

This is an amazing album!!!  I've played this record a ton, great pressing and mastering.  I really need a copy of Downward Is Heaven.
    Cool. I plan on spinning it tomorrow. I listened to some of the songs online before I bought it. It does sound pretty great. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mickeyrat said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!

yup. makes me less hesitant to get a non-picture lateralus and a 10k days......  not sure about FI yet....
    My picture Lateralus sounds pretty damn good.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!

My picture Lateralus sounds pretty damn good.

yeah, but mine has a muted quality to it.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Dead Moon's third album in glorious living mono.  Arrived today.  Awesome!

Dead Moon – Defiance

Label:Mississippi Records – MR-091
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Mono
    Released:2011
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Garage Rock, Punk

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Well I should be posting my two new Tom Petty albums on here tonight. However, they appear to be lost. Tracking said they were delivered today yet they are nowhere to be found. The postal worker usually rings my buzzer to come down when I have a package, but that didn’t happen either. I called USPS and getting a live person is like trying to call the President. But finally I got one on the phone. They are going to look into it. I sent an email to Newbury Comics letting them know what happened. I hope they look into it on their end as well :angry:
    GlowGirl said:
    Well I should be posting my two new Tom Petty albums on here tonight. However, they appear to be lost. Tracking said they were delivered today yet they are nowhere to be found. The postal worker usually rings my buzzer to come down when I have a package, but that didn’t happen either. I called USPS and getting a live person is like trying to call the President. But finally I got one on the phone. They are going to look into it. I sent an email to Newbury Comics letting them know what happened. I hope they look into it on their end as well :angry:
    That happened to me last week.  FedEx said they delivered my Muddy Waters record and it wasn’t.  Super annoying.  Fortunately Acoustic Sounds has amazing customer service. They said if they don’t find it in the few days, they’ll send a replacement.
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    That happened to me last week.  FedEx said they delivered my Muddy Waters record and it wasn’t.  Super annoying.  Fortunately Acoustic Sounds has amazing customer service. They said if they don’t find it in the few days, they’ll send a replacement.
    That’s great they will send you a replacement. I hope Newbury is as responsive. I haven’t heard back yet. The mail has been really bad lately. My parents sent me a bday card last month and it just never showed up. No clue what happened to it. They sent me a new one and that one came in a few days. But the first one just evaporated somewhere - probably hanging out with my lost Tom Petty records. 
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    this is on pre-order in Light in the Attic

Karen Dalton
    In My Own Time - 50th Anniversary Super-Deluxe Edition

international shipping is high though..
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Picked up these 2 reissues yesterday

I’ve loved both of these since they first came out. Stories From The City is just flawless, one of my favourite records.

The Optimist LP is a double on clear amber vinyl, the second disc is demo versions.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Crazy, I usually don't have a lot of problems. But today I received my monthly records from VMP, and the box was EMPTY. USPS put a sticker on the box " RECEIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION - No Contents" ... just WOW. Emailed VMP, we will see what happens now.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Crazy, I usually don't have a lot of problems. But today I received my monthly records from VMP, and the box was EMPTY. USPS put a sticker on the box " RECEIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION - No Contents" ... just WOW. Emailed VMP, we will see what happens now.
    Now that's a new one
  • Great album.  Kinda a forgotten gem from the 90s.  Sounds great on vinyl!

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow. Lots of mail mishaps. Mine still haven’t shown up. The post office told me they have to investigate with my local branch. I also haven’t heard back from Newbury. They only have an email for customer service. I have several albums on order for delivery from different places. I hope this doesn’t happen again with any of the others. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited November 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow. Lots of mail mishaps. Mine still haven’t shown up. The post office told me they have to investigate with my local branch. I also haven’t heard back from Newbury. They only have an email for customer service. I have several albums on order for delivery from different places. I hope this doesn’t happen again with any of the others. 

What a bummer!  Sorry to hear about this!
    I must be the luckiest buyer and seller in America.  I never bought much through the mail until I moved to the smaller town I'm in now- that was 25 years ago and I didn't have enough money to buy stuff on line even then so I would say it was about 20 when I started to purchase things on line.  As for selling, over the last 15 years I've received several dozen and shipped probably about 750 items.  Some of the destinations and points of origin include Alaska and Hawaii as well as other countries.  Out of all the items I've ever bought or sold (all but a couple via USPS and most of those by media mail and a hand full of priority), out of all of those items coming or going, I've only had one mishap- a box of records that was super poorly packaged and broke open so that a few were lost (this was through eBay and I was refunded).  That's it!  No other lost, stolen, or otherwise screwed up shipments. 
    I must have a postal service angel looking out for me- I will ask her to do the same for you! Meanwhile, I hope this situation gets resolved in a satisfactory manner for you!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I have had records take up to a month to get through the mail, but only one was completely lost. I bought 2 of the Uncle Tupelo MOV records from a shop in England. They were shipped separately, one arrived in just about 2 weeks with a bent corner in a very flimsy mailer, and the other one never showed up. They did refund the one that was lost.
    I have had records take up to a month to get through the mail, but only one was completely lost. I bought 2 of the Uncle Tupelo MOV records from a shop in England. They were shipped separately, one arrived in just about 2 weeks with a bent corner in a very flimsy mailer, and the other one never showed up. They did refund the one that was lost.
    After hearing from Newbury I have low hopes for a refund or replacement. The issue is not that the item was lost. It was marked by the post office as being delivered yet it was not as far as I could tell. I can’t find it. Newbury said that since they have the information that the post office delivered it I have to deal with the post office. I am still waiting to hear back from the post office. The guy at Newbury did say to contact them to let them know what happens with the post office. But I think once an item is marked as being delivered the seller thinks their part in it is done. We will see. Maybe it was stolen.