GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,904
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Those look great. I may have to look into that. By the way, did we discover last year that we have the same birthday. I think that was you. Oct. 19th?
    Yup. I'm going to see Modest Mouse on Tuesday. Can't wait! Happy early birthday!🎂 🥳 🎉 

Happy early birthday to you as well 🥳🥳🎈🎈🥂. Sounds like you have a great plan. I will likely wait until the weekend to celebrate. After doing nothing last year due to Covid I would really like to get some friends together. 

Thread integrity - where did you get the Beatles set. Let it Be is one of my favorites. 
    I just went amazon for those because they were a little cheaper and delivered the day of release. Can't wait till the movie comes out next month on Disney +. 
    I ended up ordering the Let It Be deluxe set today. Should be delivered tomorrow. The book it comes with sounds sounds pretty cool. 
    It is very cool yeah. I hope that Giles Martin can helm the reissues of Rubber Soul and Revolver too. He recently said that the remastering and mixing technology is almost to the point where it would be worth it but isn't quite there just yet. He explained that a lot of those older mono recordings had so many things recorded in one channel that it's hard to find the right balance of separation when doing the 5.1 or atmos type mixes or something like that. Here's hoping this technology advances sooner rather than later and we see deluxe reissues of those two albums as well. 
    That would be amazing - especially with Revolver.
  • Options

It was a very productive, but expensive weekend. Can’t wait to listen to all these. 

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    GlowGirl said:

It was a very productive, but expensive weekend. Can’t wait to listen to all these. 

Nice! You have a fun week ahead. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    It's understood that In Utero, with the volume at 6 or 7, will make you hella popular with your neighbors...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,747
    Great sounding re-issue (originals are sky high in price).
    Groundbreaking, for sure, but definitely NOT an album to listen to when feeling depressed! 

Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures

Label:
    Factory – FACT 10R, Factory – FACT 10
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180g, Textured Sleeve
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Heartless Bastards "A Beautiful Life" hand-poured vinyl should arrive today! Can't wait to spin it!

I also just pre-ordered the new Shovels & Rope!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    mfc2006 said:
    Heartless Bastards "A Beautiful Life" hand-poured vinyl should arrive today! Can't wait to spin it!

Hand poured?  What does that mean?  Pouring the hot wax like you're making steel?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Hand poured?  What does that mean?  Pouring the hot wax like you're making steel?
    Can't remember what the description said & it has since sold out. I know that they made a couple hundred of them and production was delayed. I'll post a pic tonight.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    @mrussel1, did you get the Beatles Let It Be 5LP? I have read LOTs of negative reviews on the QC. Wondering if you had listened.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    @mrussel1, did you get the Beatles Let It Be 5LP? I have read LOTs of negative reviews on the QC. Wondering if you had listened.
    I just got it. But I haven't listened yet. I don't have the audiophile ears that you guys do, so I hope I like it despite the reviews.

• Options
    MedozK said:
    No I didn't.  I would only get the single but I figured I'd let the dust settle on this one first.  I don't think Abbey Road 1/2 speeds are all that great and they pressed at GZ Media which f*ing sucks.  I'm not a huge Beatles guy, so straight studio is fine with me.  I'll wait to see what people are saying.

Hey don't forget this Friday is White Blood Cells swirl! 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    MedozK said:
    @MedozK I picked up and listened to the single Let It BE (not the box).  It was pressed at GZ, but in Canada.  I didn't realize they had a plant there.  No problems with the pressing for me, it was clean and flat.  It feels a little shy of 180 grams, but definitely heavier than 140/150.  It sounds good, but not great.  It doesn't seem as full or powerful as the Abbey Road, Revolver, White, (et all) releases from a few years ago.  I don't know if the tape is worse or if it's digitized.  I haven't been able to find any real info about the lineage.  There's a Hoffman thread on it, but it's like 450 pages so that's too much.  It was $24 and worth that at least. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    @MedozK I picked up and listened to the single Let It BE (not the box).  It was pressed at GZ, but in Canada.  I didn't realize they had a plant there.  No problems with the pressing for me, it was clean and flat.  It feels a little shy of 180 grams, but definitely heavier than 140/150.  It sounds good, but not great.  It doesn't seem as full or powerful as the Abbey Road, Revolver, White, (et all) releases from a few years ago.  I don't know if the tape is worse or if it's digitized.  I haven't been able to find any real info about the lineage.  There's a Hoffman thread on it, but it's like 450 pages so that's too much.  It was $24 and worth that at least. 
    That GZ pressing plant (they are in a partnership) in T.O. prefers using DMM when cutting wax. They say they can do a lacquer cut if requested but prefer DMM. It’s why the “Made in Canada” version of Chris Cornell’s recent release sounds so bright and in my opinion a bit harsh. 

From the FAQ of their website:
    https://www.precisionpressing.com/faq
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    interesting. Thanks @mrussel1 and @1ThoughtKnown . I picked up the 5 LP, so hopefully have time to take it for a listen this next week.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    interesting. Thanks @mrussel1 and @1ThoughtKnown . I picked up the 5 LP, so hopefully have time to take it for a listen this next week.
    I know. Me too. I bought it last week, and it is still sealed. I hope to take a listen this week as well.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    I know. Me too. I bought it last week, and it is still sealed. I hope to take a listen this week as well.

Mine sounds good but it's not Audiophile AAA quality and is mastered from digital. With that being said, my box vinyl was flat and the listening experience was pleasant.i could hear the lack of warmth the most on my copy in the cymbals and some of the more treble guitar tones. Other than that, I didn't experience any distortion (which I saw some on discogs had) and I enjoyed reacquainting myself with the tracks on the album and the bonus material was pretty cool. Overall its a good not great box that I'd recommend to a beatles fan/completist but would warn audiophiles of the digital master and let them make the final call on whether or not it's worth it to buy. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,657

• Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:

Mine sounds good but it's not Audiophile AAA quality and is mastered from digital. With that being said, my box vinyl was flat and the listening experience was pleasant.i could hear the lack of warmth the most on my copy in the cymbals and some of the more treble guitar tones. Other than that, I didn't experience any distortion (which I saw some on discogs had) and I enjoyed reacquainting myself with the tracks on the album and the bonus material was pretty cool. Overall its a good not great box that I'd recommend to a beatles fan/completist but would warn audiophiles of the digital master and let them make the final call on whether or not it's worth it to buy. 
    Good to hear. Yea, the distortion reviews were the ones making me nervous.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    This is a stunning pressing of one the greatest works ever pressed into vinyl.  Remarkable!  I lose it every time I hear this record. So happy to have this.

Van Morrison – Astral Weeks

Label:Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records – 81227950378, Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records – 8122-79907-1
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, 180 g
    Released:Nov 27, 2015
    Genre:Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul, Pop, Folk, World, & Country
    Style:Blues Rock, Acoustic, Soul, Folk Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,292
    Neil at Carnegie Hall finally arrived today.
    So glad to have NYA streaming while I wait for shipping to Australia!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,513
    goldrush said:
    Neil at Carnegie Hall finally arrived today.
    So glad to have NYA streaming while I wait for shipping to Australia!

I had my local shop order me a copy that was supposed to be arriving 10/15, but it didn't show up. They said it would be here 10/22, but again it didn't show up. They said it will for sure be here 10/29. We will see. 
  • Options
    Days Of Speed

Paul Weller live acoustic. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Just came out a few weeks ago.  Show is from 2003, but no Becker if I'm not mistaken.  Mastered by Bernie,  it sounds really good and is a fun record.  Now I'm a huge fan of the Dan, so I'm biased. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Kickin' out the jams big time with this killer LP that arrived today.  Awesome!

Dead Moon – Unknown Passage

Label:Mississippi Records – MR-090
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered
    Released:2011
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Garage Rock, Punk

• Options
    brianlux said:
    This is a stunning pressing of one the greatest works ever pressed into vinyl.  Remarkable!  I lose it every time I hear this record. So happy to have this.

Label:Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records – 81227950378, Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records – 8122-79907-1
    Format:

Agree, I have the 2009 Kevin Gray cut that yours uses the repressed plates. Great sounding record.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

Agree, I have the 2009 Kevin Gray cut that yours uses the repressed plates. Great sounding record.
    I also have the 09. It's fantastic. 
  • Options
    I just pre-ordered the new Spoon album, Lucifer on the Couch. Really digging the new single as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2021
    I’ve got this Road Apples 30th Anniversary boxset on pre-order. Heads up for all the Hip fans. Cool unboxing video with Paul L. and Gord S.  Looks fantastic 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3PJUMTAbM

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on