Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Preordered as well.  One for me, one for my son.  This is a famous show, for any DMB afficianados out there.  It is the live debut of many songs that came from the famously awesome Lillywhite Sessions. 

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835

I got the limited edition marble vinyl. Looking forward to spinning it. 

I am also waiting for two Tom Petty albums I ordered 2 weeks ago. USPS tracking said the package was supposed to have been here last Saturday. There was no additional update on the tracking site. After an infuriating call to USPS I was told it was sent to the wrong local branch of the post office in NYC. Rather than simply sending it to the right branch (Manhattan is not that big area wise), they had to send it back to the sorting center to be rerouted. Since media mail does not have priority it could be up to 10 days before they resend it. It was their fuck up and now I have wait. Rage-inducing for sure. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I am also waiting for two Tom Petty albums I ordered 2 weeks ago. USPS tracking said the package was supposed to have been here last Saturday. There was no additional update on the tracking site. After an infuriating call to USPS I was told it was sent to the wrong local branch of the post office in NYC. Rather than simply sending it to the right branch (Manhattan is not that big area wise), they had to send it back to the sorting center to be rerouted. Since media mail does not have priority it could be up to 10 days before they resend it. It was their fuck up and now I have wait. Rage-inducing for sure. 
    Which petty?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Preordered as well.  One for me, one for my son.  This is a famous show, for any DMB afficianados out there.  It is the live debut of many songs that came from the famously awesome Lillywhite Sessions. 

Preorder for warehouse only?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Which petty?
    Wildflowers and All the Rest (3LP) and Full Moon Fever - both from Newbury Comics. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not sure since I'm a member.  Did you try the link?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    https://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com/dept/live-trax-58?cp=6_110591&token=956bfcb5-abea-4b67-acab-0cdf88b20aee&publicKey=163c6d7a-6763-4a0b-a9c0-4ffdd6e0cade
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    https://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com/dept/live-trax-58?cp=6_110591&token=956bfcb5-abea-4b67-acab-0cdf88b20aee&publicKey=163c6d7a-6763-4a0b-a9c0-4ffdd6e0cade
    Thanks , but I’m not a member. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Very much looking forward to immersing myself in this recent arrival collection this evening:
    GlowGirl said:

Nice!  That's my last favorite R.E.M. record.  Some really great stuff there!

I'm very much looking forward to totally immersing myself in this recent arrival collection this evening:

Joy Division – Substance

Label:Factory – Fact250R
    Series:Vinyl Collector
    Format:
    2 x Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram
    Released:Jun 2015
    Genre:Rock
    Style:New Wave, Post-Punk

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    I didn't realize it was members only.  I thought you just couldn't find it. 
  • Options
    @Loujoe Thanks for the heads up! This one will be framed. Going to listen to this album this weekend to celebrate. 
    Came to Cali from Missouri to race dirt track
    And he's livin' in a four foot shack 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Fantastic album, amazing pressing and remastering job. All new vinyl should sound this good. Mine is a black copy but I’m sure the variant will be excellent as well. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    No worries. Appreciate it
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    I don't think you need to be a member. Go to the DMB website, click on store. It will pop up at the top of the page eventually. Says you can buy cd or vinyl. I went with the vinyl and i'm not a member. Order was confirmed. 
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Croos1226 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    I don't think you need to be a member. Go to the DMB website, click on store. It will pop up at the top of the page eventually. Says you can buy cd or vinyl. I went with the vinyl and i'm not a member. Order was confirmed. 
    Once you're in the store you have to arrow over to the right. it should pop up. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:

Damn I don't have any dave vinyl this looks like a great place to start.  Do you know if there are any good pressings of live at luther? that are affordable?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Fantastic album, amazing pressing and remastering job. All new vinyl should sound this good. Mine is a black copy but I’m sure the variant will be excellent as well. 
    My limited marbled version is not good - warped, lots of surface noise and pops / ticks throughout on at least Disc 1 - have been in touch with the webstore so hope they can sort, but really disappointed given all the great comments on the black vinyl version. If you bought this I would definitely open and check it for quality. Looks amazing though!
  • Options
    Finally received my Oh Sees Levitation Sessions.

Yee haw!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

My limited marbled version is not good - warped, lots of surface noise and pops / ticks throughout on at least Disc 1 - have been in touch with the webstore so hope they can sort, but really disappointed given all the great comments on the black vinyl version. If you bought this I would definitely open and check it for quality. Looks amazing though!
    That is really unfortunate. Sorry to hear that because the black wax is sublime. One of the best new rock/alternative vinyl listening experiences I’ve had in a while. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    FINALLY!!!!
    Found this at a local shop last weekend. It has a slight warp that affects the first 2 minutes of the 1st song on side 2. The rest sounds absolutely amazing. I wish they'd just reissue their catalog, but I'm so happy to have this...been looking for a long time.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    @Loujoe Thanks for the heads up! This one will be framed. Going to listen to this album this weekend to celebrate. 
    Came to Cali from Missouri to race dirt track
    And he's livin' in a four foot shack 
    Glad you snagged one. Signed copies are gone. The buzzards of Greenhill grow fat on roadkill. 
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    Available here for non-members:  https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/product/DMLP733/live-tax-vol-58-4-lp-set?cp=1_110590
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!
    Found this at a local shop last weekend. It has a slight warp that affects the first 2 minutes of the 1st song on side 2. The rest sounds absolutely amazing. I wish they'd just reissue their catalog, but I'm so happy to have this...been looking for a long time.

That's a bootleg though?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!

That's a bootleg though?
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Damn I don't have any dave vinyl this looks like a great place to start.  Do you know if there are any good pressings of live at luther? that are affordable?
    There are two pressings of Luther and they came out together, one swirl one black.  They are both excellent, using the same master by Chris Bellman and the same plant.  Unfortunately I have also noticed that they have skyrocketed in price.  I was looking to buy one for my son for Christmas and I was shocked at the price.  

And yeah, this should be a great place to start.  The Live Trax are great.  They have all been excellent pressings and come in a solid, classy box.  I would expect the same here. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, didn’t see it
    Available here for non-members:  https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/product/DMLP733/live-tax-vol-58-4-lp-set?cp=1_110590
    Good looking out! 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

OH and you definitely need "Crash".  It is a pure analog record (AAA).  The sonics on the record will blow your mind.  You can still get it at Target for less than $30.  It's as good sounding of a rock record as you will ever hear.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    mfc2006 said:
    FINALLY!!!!

mine plays beautifully....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There are two pressings of Luther and they came out together, one swirl one black.  They are both excellent, using the same master by Chris Bellman and the same plant.  Unfortunately I have also noticed that they have skyrocketed in price.  I was looking to buy one for my son for Christmas and I was shocked at the price.  

And yeah, this should be a great place to start.  The Live Trax are great.  They have all been excellent pressings and come in a solid, classy box.  I would expect the same here. 
    I used to be a member and have some good live trax cds from previous years.  I saw a few copies of live at luther sealed on ebay for around 200 so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to pick one up at some point. The price for the newest set looks good, but it will blow my vinyl budget for the month...Decisions decisions.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden