Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    jshin wrote:
    Demolished thoughts by Thurston Moore..Nine songs spread out over two Lp's, four songs in and it sounds amazing.

I would love to hear this one. I am seeing him next Saturday.

Thats awesome...There isn't one song that I dislike on the album..Hopefully they have some for sale at the show.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    edited June 2011

its only a bargain if your in the UK .

Sorry Kev i should have looked first i just seen it was a UK link .. I do love how you call those an import or amazon did any ways . :lol:

i have 3 or 4 around here sealed any one in the states needs one . :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    edited June 2011
    Leeze wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:
    I just have to show this one off . Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part Two [2 LP+7'']

cf5be37d.jpg

:shock: :o That looks so delicious! :thumbup:

Edit: I just ordered it myself 8-)

Leeze your going to love it . let me know what iron on you get . there is 3 of them

Minus the grey shirt one !! that was a different beastie boys deal : http://beastieboys.com/preorder/

d70fc1a8.jpg
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    tremors wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Ukulele Songs-Eddie Vedder :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    The Joshua Tree- U2 :mrgreen:

Cool! Joshua Tree is amazing on vinyl - I was listening to it for the whole of last week :mrgreen:

I didn't know you were also a vinyl addict Rico - I think I started collecting records about your age - but I was into Dire Straits at the time, so you are far cooler than me! I went Dire Straits >Pink Floyd > the doors > led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam!! And whilst my record collection has been widening and widening in the intervening years - I am glad Pearl Jam are still at the top of the list! Enjoy!

Thanks! I started getting into vinyl after I got my first turntable for my birthday this year! It's awesome! Now I just wish I had the money!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Pearl Jam - Vitalogy reissue. Can't wait to open it tonight and enjoy it with a nice glass of Crown. :mrgreen:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Edrock78Edrock78 Posts: 167
    Queen II ( very underrated imo)
    Radiohead Hail to the Thief
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Picked up a beat up Chickenfoot vinyl today at Best Buy!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    thefixer9 wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Ukulele Songs-Eddie Vedder :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    The Joshua Tree- U2 :mrgreen:

Cool! Joshua Tree is amazing on vinyl - I was listening to it for the whole of last week :mrgreen:

I didn't know you were also a vinyl addict Rico - I think I started collecting records about your age - but I was into Dire Straits at the time, so you are far cooler than me! I went Dire Straits >Pink Floyd > the doors > led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam!! And whilst my record collection has been widening and widening in the intervening years - I am glad Pearl Jam are still at the top of the list! Enjoy!

Thanks! I started getting into vinyl after I got my first turntable for my birthday this year! It's awesome! Now I just wish I had the money!!! :mrgreen:

Cool - an expensive hobby! Let me know what kind of music you like, and I might be able to find you a few spares from my collection - to boost yours ;)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Went to a record fair yesterday, and came back with what turn out to be three of the best sounding records I own - made some wise purchases!

Got three of my favourite albums on nice first pressings - good price too! Had to clean up the Layla, but it sounds impeccable now that I have done so. They all sound superb. Think I might concentrate my attention on record fairs for a while now, and give the charity shops a bit of a break!

vanmorrison-sdp-lp.JPG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ16aVR0jPaY8YOfKHuHzgmUHn0QITdGvIGY8NGJ_jOy0AMdCAH

$%28KGrHqIOKo8E3s37wJGUBN9%28pOFqbw~~_12.JPG
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    tremors wrote:
    Went to a record fair yesterday, and came back with what turn out to be three of the best sounding records I own - made some wise purchases!

Got three of my favourite albums on nice first pressings - good price too! Had to clean up the Layla, but it sounds impeccable now that I have done so. They all sound superb. Think I might concentrate my attention on record fairs for a while now, and give the charity shops a bit of a break!

vanmorrison-sdp-lp.JPG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ16aVR0jPaY8YOfKHuHzgmUHn0QITdGvIGY8NGJ_jOy0AMdCAH

$%28KGrHqIOKo8E3s37wJGUBN9%28pOFqbw~~_12.JPG

Paul McCartney - Band On The Run (Re Released/Re Mastered)
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Happy Father's Day to me. The wife and kids got my a Got Vinyl? shirt, The Who's Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy, and Neil Young's Decade.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,658
    For my birthday I got a few records:

Bon iver Bon iver
    Nirvana unplugged
    Arctic Monkeys Suck it and see

Also ordered Sam Roberts new album Collider and his last release Love At The End of the World.

I am waiting for my copy of City and Colours latest album Little He'll to arrive as well. Gotta love postal strikes!
  • Options
    My Dad just gave me:

John Lennon - Imagine
    The Guess Who - It's Time
    The Guess Who/The Stacattos A Wild Pair (split)
    The Guess Who - Super Golden Goodies
    The Guess Who - Canned Wheat
    The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul
    The Guess Who - Share the Land
    The Guess Who - Live at the Paramount
    The Guess Who - Rockin'
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
    Led Zeppelin - II
    Cream - Goodbye
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    My Dad just gave me:

John Lennon - Imagine
    The Guess Who - It's Time
    The Guess Who/The Stacattos A Wild Pair (split)
    The Guess Who - Super Golden Goodies
    The Guess Who - Canned Wheat
    The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul
    The Guess Who - Share the Land
    The Guess Who - Live at the Paramount
    The Guess Who - Rockin'
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
    Led Zeppelin - II
    Cream - Goodbye

:thumbup:
    Happy son's day :lol:
  • Options
    where the bloody hell was my postman today

Aaaaah same here :yawn: nothing.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I got the Vs. and Vitalogy reissues, along with Modest Mouse's The Moon & Antarctica reissue. So much 180 gram love...
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Them Crooked Vultures - S/T
    Twilight Singles - Dynamite Steps
    A Perfect Circle - eMotive

I'm blown away by how good the TCV record sounds. Just amazing.
  • Options
    Them Crooked Vultures - S/T ...

Would you say it sounds better than the live boot (I don't mean the sound quality, but the energy)? I've only got the live boot so far and like it a lot ...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Leeze wrote:

Would you say it sounds better than the live boot (I don't mean the sound quality, but the energy)? I've only got the live boot so far and like it a lot ...

Live boot on vinyl??

The album is better than the live show imo, and I thought they were pretty great live. Alotta cool stuff goin on that didn't quite make out of the studio.

I felt like they slowed stuff down to really nail a groove a little too much, live.

I saw them pretty late in the touring, so maybe they were tired of playing the same setlist every night, but I don't think it really lived up to reviews that I had read goin in.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    DewieCox wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Live boot on vinyl??

The album is better than the live show imo, and I thought they were pretty great live. Alotta cool stuff goin on that didn't quite make out of the studio.

I felt like they slowed stuff down to really nail a groove a little too much, live.

I saw them pretty late in the touring, so maybe they were tired of playing the same setlist every night, but I don't think it really lived up to reviews that I had read goin in.

Thank you! Yep, it's a vinyl live boot from a show in Germany. I love the jams :D
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Leeze wrote:
    Thank you! Yep, it's a viny live boot from a show in Germany. I love the jams :D

Awesome!!! May have to try to track that down, and I'm pretty sure there's a bootleg dvd of that show I recommend lookin for.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    Thank you! Yep, it's a viny live boot from a show in Germany. I love the jams :D

Awesome!!! May have to try to track that down, and I'm pretty sure there's a bootleg dvd of that show I recommend lookin for.

:thumbup: I'll have a look for that 8-)
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

I don't have the live boot to compare it to, but I'll sure be looking for it now :lol:

I never bought the CD, I just had the digital files, .mp3 and .flac of the CD but the record blows them away. JPJ's bass is just so much more adamant on the record.

*EDIT*
    Is this the one you're talking about Lisa?
    http://www.musicstack.com/album/them_cr ... alast_2009
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

I don't have the live boot to compare it to, but I'll sure be looking for it now :lol:

I never bought the CD, I just had the digital files, .mp3 and .flac of the CD but the record blows them away. JPJ's bass is just so much more adamant on the record.

*EDIT*
    Is this the one you're talking about Leeze?
    http://www.musicstack.com/album/them_cr ... alast_2009

Yes, that's the one - I also pm'd you a link ;) I don't think the sound quality is best, but it's a live vinyl of a great gig. The studio album is definitely on my wishlist. But that will have to wait a little, I'm still waiting for my last purchases - Uke songs and Hot Sauce Committee pt. 2 :D
  • Options
    Cool thanks, though I haven't received the PM yet.

I haven't heard the new Beastie's album yet but from those pics posted earlier it looks like it might be sexy enough to buy regardless haha.
  • Options

I haven't heard the new Beastie's album yet but from those pics posted earlier it looks like it might be sexy enough to buy regardless haha.

LOL I pm'd Dewie Cox. Didn't seen soon enough that the reply came from you :oops: :lol:

Oh, and I share your thoughts about that BB record :lol: , that's why I bought it in the US, the EU version is black. Two white 180g vinyls, just the thought of it mmmmmh ... And I think the album is fun to listen to!
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

LOL I pm'd Dewie Cox. Didn't seen soon enough that the reply came from you :oops: :lol:

Oh, and I share your thoughts about that BB record :lol: , that's why I bought it in the US, the EU version is black. Two white 180g vinyls, just the thought of it mmmmmh ... And I think the album is fun to listen to!

Can't go wrong with some kick ass colored records.

This one just made my day...

capturezby.jpg

I didn't know when I bought it that it was going to be orange, and oh did I smile when I opened it.
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

Can't go wrong with some kick ass colored records.

This one just made my day...

capturezby.jpg

I didn't know when I bought it that it was going to be orange, and oh did I smile when I opened it.

:thumbup: Lovely!
  • Options
    Still no PM in the inbox yet Lisa haha.

2 out of the 3 records I bought today were colored vinyls. That makes me a happy guy.

captureyp.jpg

Twilight Singers' Dynamite Steps