Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    tremors wrote:
    Dimi, do you really collect snowglobes?? :lol:
    yep :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Got Good News for People Who Love Bad News yesterday...was so shocked they had it in stock on Amazon, and glad I grabbed it when I did.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    Got Good News for People Who Love Bad News yesterday...was so shocked they had it in stock on Amazon, and glad I grabbed it when I did.

Did you buy it direct from Amazon or from one of the sellers?...I see a seller offering it for $12.17..That seems awfully low of a price for what I'm assuming is the vinyl..just emailed them to make sure.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Dusty in Memphis, 1968 first pressing. £10 from Oxfam, bargained them down from £15
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    514ZIoz6IpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and

Audioslave_OutOfExile.jpg
  • Options
    That damned mailman did it again...

2011-05-06135238.jpg
    Shipping News,One Less Heartless To Fear(Beautiful packaging.If you like June of 44 or Shellac,check them out)

2011-05-06135447.jpg
    Rolling Stones,Beggars Banquet (I bought the original last weekend only to find Sympathy For the Devil was screwed.Whats a boy to do?)

Earth:Angels of Darkness,Demons of Light 1 (I've been meaning to check them them out for some time)
    2011-05-06140728.jpg
    I had no idea when I ordered this that it was the limited RSD release..Dark green swirly double vinyl,etching on side 4..Cant wait to hear it.

• Options
    71step28 wrote:
    514ZIoz6IpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cool! Was listening to this today on my mp3 player :(

Amazing album - about time I got it on vinyl

• Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    tremors wrote:
    Rambis35 wrote:
    Just received this:

On_the_Beach_-_Neil_Young.jpg

Nice vinyl! One of the best sounding RECORDS I have ever heard

Yeah, this was a pretty sweet pickup. The album sounds great on vinyl. It was about $6 on eBay, which is cheaper than I've seen it sell for. I think the key was that the seller labeled it "Off The Beach," not "On The Beach," and I was fortunate to stumble upon it anyway.
  • Options
    album-Pearl-Jam-Binaural.jpg

Pearl_Jam_-_Lost_Dogs%5B2%5D.jpg

rearviewmirror-greatest-hits-1991-2003-pearl-jam.jpg?1237163908
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

:o :shock: WOW! Congrats, Dimi, that is BIG stuff! Back on the vinyl track, finally? ;) You must feel like it's your birthday today :D ENJOY! :clap:
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

:o :shock: WOW! Congrats, Dimi, that is BIG stuff! Back on the vinyl track, finally? ;) You must feel like it's your birthday today :D ENJOY! :clap:
    was time to get those back..i wait one last piece and the collection will be full again :)
  • Options
    was time to get those back..i wait one last piece and the collection will be full again :)

Awesome! So it also feels like some kind of a family reunion as well ;)
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

Awesome! So it also feels like some kind of a family reunion as well ;)
    yep..bad boys are back together :D
  • Options
    Insanely colored...

2011-05-08013153.jpg

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    Insanely colored...

2011-05-08013153.jpg

:shock: AWESOME! What is that?
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    jshin wrote:
    Insanely colored...

2011-05-08013153.jpg

Grinderman, Palaces of Montezuma 12" single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XH2NO4Jsnw

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    jshin wrote:
    Insanely colored...

2011-05-08013153.jpg

Grinderman, Palaces of Montezuma 12" single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XH2NO4Jsnw

:thumbup: Beautiful!
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,247
    I picked up two Drive By Truckers LPs at the Bristol gig, The Dirty Sound and Brighter Than Creations Dark. On returning home from my time away, I found a parcel from a great friend containing the reissue of ELP's Welcome My Friends To The Show That Never Ends 3lp set. So my listening for the next few days is pretty much sorted!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    ilockyer wrote:
    I picked up two Drive By Truckers LPs at the Bristol gig, The Dirty Sound and Brighter Than Creations Dark. On returning home from my time away, I found a parcel from a great friend containing the reissue of ELP's Welcome My Friends To The Show That Never Ends 3lp set. So my listening for the next few days is pretty much sorted!

Did they have Go-Go Boots available? I've been looking for that in Toronto but no one has it.

How do you like the sound of the vinyl? I find the dirty south doesn't sound that great but BTCD sounds amazing on vinyl.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    I just purchased: Miles Davis Kind of Blue
    The Stooges First Album
    The Stooges Fun House
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Got this one today, very nice album, on the inside as well as on the outside - the packaging and the LP itself are of really good quality :)

You_Are_Free-Cat_Power_480.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Leeze wrote:
    Got this one today, very nice album, on the inside as well as on the outside - the packaging and the LP itself are of really good quality :)

You_Are_Free-Cat_Power_480.jpg

nice, Lisa!! i've been looking for that LP for awhile. hope to find it soon. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

Glad to hear it! What goes around comes around eh?

• Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    ....damn, ther MUST be something in the vinyl, some kind of invisible floating drug which sets straight to your brain as soon as you open your first record and turns you into an hopeless but quite happy addict :? :lol: I did it again, another vinyl is coming my way, the special edition box of 'Special Moves' (ltd. to 1000 copies) containg 3LP, CD, DVD and poster

mogwai_special_moves.jpg
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:
    ....damn, ther MUST be something in the vinyl, some kind of invisible floating drug which sets straight to your brain as soon as you open your first record and turns you into an hopeless but quite happy addict

Yep, they lace it with something

• Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Just picked up a used copy of the Into the Wild soundtrack at my local store :D I about shit myself when I seen it sitting there. :D:D:D:D:D

And apparently is was an original pressing of it as well :D
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    I haven't bought any vinyl for a few days - but I have been spinning a lot of Cat Stevens - particularly Teaser and the Firecat and Tea for the Tillerman. These records in the original are quite widely acknowledged as being amongst the best sounding things ever put to wax, and I cannot disagree. They are so well produced, and the way the acoustic guitars and acoustic instruments are so fucking loud in the mix is breathtaking on a good turntable. If you ever see a copy of either of these two albums going second hand do yourself a favour and pick them up! I promise you, it will be a listening experience - and you will be able to say to your CD loving friends "Actually this is what an acoustic guitar really sounds like!"

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Just purchased the re-release of 1999 by Prince and Alice In Chains--SAP/Jar of Flies. Can't wait to spin them!!! :D
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    albert83albert83 Saskatoon, SK Posts: 109
    Agreed 100% These records sounds absolutely amazing. I have never heard anything sounds as good as these sound on vinyl. It sounds like he is in the room sitting on the couch next to me playing guitar. They are some of my most treasured records for sure.

tremors wrote:
    I haven't bought any vinyl for a few days - but I have been spinning a lot of Cat Stevens - particularly Teaser and the Firecat and Tea for the Tillerman. These records in the original are quite widely acknowledged as being amongst the best sounding things ever put to wax, and I cannot disagree. They are so well produced, and the way the acoustic guitars and acoustic instruments are so fucking loud in the mix is breathtaking on a good turntable. If you ever see a copy of either of these two albums going second hand do yourself a favour and pick them up! I promise you, it will be a listening experience - and you will be able to say to your CD loving friends "Actually this is what an acoustic guitar really sounds like!"
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer of the Void
    The Doors - Greatest Hits
    Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *