2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    smarchee said:

Wham! "Make It Big"
    (1984)
    second hand, dollar bin

I have that - a friend from the UK brought it over as a gift before it was in stores in North America. It's at my mom's house - I should grab it. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:

smarchee said:

Wham! "Make It Big"
    (1984)
    second hand, dollar bin

I have that - a friend from the UK brought it over as a gift before it was in stores in North America. It's at my mom's house - I should grab it. :)
    Freedom and Careless Whisper are worth it alone, and other people might like to dance to Wake Me Up (Before You Go-Go) :p
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Result of today's trip to the record store. Traded in some stuff I never listen to, so spent $11. :) The happy surprise is that Imagine is the original Canada pressing and it has an absolutely mint copy of the big poster of Lennon singing at the piano in it. :)

Question: does that title sticker peel off of The Wall reissue without doing damage?

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,801
    PJ_Soul said:

Result of today's trip to the record store. Traded in some stuff I never listen to, so spent $11. :) The happy surprise is that Imagine is the original Canada pressing and it has an absolutely mint copy of the big poster of Lennon singing at the piano in it. :)

Question: does that title sticker peel off of The Wall reissue without doing damage?

Hey PJ_Soul, nice scores!

Regarding removing stickers- I do that frequently with books and records. If the surface is fairly glossy, I use a few drops of Citra Solv which loosens most adhesives (my preference because it's non-toxic). Once it's loosened, carefully go under the sticker with a thin sharp knife being careful not to puncture through the paper surface and then wipe the residue off with those blue mechanic's paper towel or a soft cloth. If the paper is more porous, use a few drops of lighter fluid which works very well also. Both tend to appear to leave a stain but almost always that goes away when it evaporates. Use ventilation if you use the lighter fluid- that stuff is pretty toxic to breath or absorb through the skin.

Hope that helps!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Indigo Girls by Indigo Girls
    Me & Mr Ray by Miracle Legion
    Backyard by Miracle Legion
    Eponymous by REM
    Reveal by REM
    Around The Sun by REM
    Adore by Smashing Pumpkins
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    PJ_Soul said:

Nice pick-up's PJ_Soul, I need that 'Blood on the Tracks' too, such a classic. Personally I'd leave the Pink Floyd sticker, to me the cover is kinda dull with out it. :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    New:

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Does anyone else have or have heard this record? I think I saw Smarchee post it a while back. I'm a few months late on this, but must say this is my favourite album of the year, it's ridiculously good, I can't recommend this enough! Plus, my wife was nice enough to track down some tickets for us when they play here in December! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nice pick-up's PJ_Soul, I need that 'Blood on the Tracks' too, such a classic. Personally I'd leave the Pink Floyd sticker, to me the cover is kinda dull with out it. :)
    Thanks! Blood on the Tracks is so awesome - listened to it last night. The version of Idiot Wind is particularly awesome IMO.

I agree the cover will look boring without the title on it, but the sticker actually looks stupid. It's a crappy paper sticker and you can kind of see the brick lines through it but not to much, so It just looks kind of cheap and tacky. So I figure removing it is the best of two bad options. However, I will give it some more thought before committing an irreversible act, lol!
    Brian, thank you for the tips on removing it!! :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nice pick-up's PJ_Soul, I need that 'Blood on the Tracks' too, such a classic. Personally I'd leave the Pink Floyd sticker, to me the cover is kinda dull with out it, just my two cents worth. :)
  • Options
    New:

Does anyone else have or have heard this record? I think I saw Smarchee post it a while back. I'm a few months late on this, but must say this is my favourite album of the year, it's ridiculously good, I can't recommend this enough! Plus, my wife was nice enough to track down some tickets for us when they play here in December! :)

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    reesdog said:

New:

great record and even better concert!!!
    enjoy

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    reesdog said:

New:

love this album, good choice reesdog
    I posted their previous album, Slave Ambient
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,801
    Hawkwind: Space Ritual, Hall of the Mountain Grill.

Side one of Space Ritual is particularly mesmerizing. I can't believe it took me this long to catch up with this band. Big thanks to Henry Rollins for several mentions of this guys in some of his books which led me to digging the early incarnation of this band very much!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391
    reesdog said:

New:

Finally picked this up a couple weeks ago. Not sure what took me so long. I had seen youtube clips and really dug their sound, but nothing like the full album experience. One of my favorites of the year, too. I definitely have to check out Slave Ambient.

• Options
    smarchee said:

reesdog said:

New:

Thanks dude, I will check out Slave Ambient soon, do you think it's as good as Lost in the Dream? Can't wait for the gig!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    reesdog said:

smarchee said:

reesdog said:

New:

Thanks dude, I will check out Slave Ambient soon, do you think it's as good as Lost in the Dream? Can't wait for the gig!
    Not as good as the new record.
    Slave Ambient is kind of like one long song... hard to explain but you will get what I am talking about when you listen to it.
    I actually prefer their first record over it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

reesdog said:

New:

great record and even better concert!!!
    enjoy
    Thanks lolobugg, I'm sure we will! Sorry for the double post about this record, my internet is weird sometimes!
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,785
    Royal Blood
    Gary Clark Jr Live

They had a original No Code at my local shop
    They wanted 175 after tax for it
    Pricey glad I have one already
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    edited October 2014
    RobbyD462 said:

Royal Blood
    Gary Clark Jr Live

They had a original No Code at my local shop
    They wanted 175 after tax for it
    Pricey glad I have one already

That's actually a pretty good deal though. Where is the record store? Maybe someone will want to grab it! :) .... Then again.... it might be reissued soon. Probably best for those who don't have it already to be patient!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Gil Scott Heron - Best Of.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    Katy Perry Prism
    Adele 21

Easy now...lol wifes b-day tomorrow
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

Katy Perry Prism
    Adele 21

:)) I was all, "What the fuck Nami?!"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Nami said:

Katy Perry Prism
    Adele 21

lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    The Who "The Who By Numbers"
    (1975)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    PJ_Soul said:

Nami said:

Katy Perry Prism
    Adele 21

lol i like Katy but not her music... :)

figured the post was good for a laugh.

Lets just say its a struggle when we're in the van for music.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Om- Advaitic Songs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3YWVFUnvU
    King Dude- Burning Daylight
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzezdy_king-dude-burning-daylight-full-album-2012_music

Picked these two up today. Both albums are stellar.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Ozzy Osborne
    "Speak Of The Devil"
    (1982)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Second-hand:
    Near-mint condition.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,785
    Went to a vinyl convention today and picked up.
    Neil Young-Ragged Glory
    Neil Young-Tonight's the Night (all inserts)
    Jimmy Page and Robert Plant-No Quarter
    all in VG+/EX condition and all for good prices \:D/
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24