I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I LOVE Disintegration. I bought it once, but then cancelled the order because I'd just spent too much on vinyl that month already... but have to get it. How does it sound?

I bought it used at a local record shop, it would sound great if there wasn't so scuffed up. Tons of surface noise, I'll be returning this one for store credit. Way too many crackles and pops, and that's after I cleaned them. :thumbdown:
    Bummer. :( Record stores shouldn't even be selling that outside of the damaged section IMO. The reissue is still on Amazon I think...

Yes, they're still on Amazon....thanks!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Backspacer. I appreciate the artwork a lot more now after looking at vinyl booklet. something about looking at the bigger pictures i guess :D
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,675
    Alvin_zps779c0926.jpg

Alvin Youngblood Hart, "Big Mama's Door/That Kate"

Great 10" single. Lovin' it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Backspacer. I appreciate the artwork a lot more now after looking at vinyl booklet. something about looking at the bigger pictures i guess :D

having my first liten to it now and the bloody thing keeps skipping and jumping, not happy. bought it from ten club
  • reesdogreesdog Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:
    ouoah1.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation Smarchee, it's good, listened to it once so far... :thumbup:
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Just ordered Superunknown by Soundgarden from a seller on Amazon. Described as near mint and unplayed for £40. Don't know if it's coloured vinyl or not. I'm genuinely excited.
    Happy up here in my tree

I thought the same about the artwork. The Into The Wild vinyl has a stunning booklet.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Springsteen-The Wild, The Innocent, The Estreet Shuffle
    Springsteen-Born in the USA
    Cold War Kids-Dear Miss Lonely Hearts
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    The woman in red: A raw telecaster sound, sent to you from the heavens, by the gods of rock, I give you the seductive... the soulful.... the sensational, sexy, super savy ...

Anna Calvi: self titled debut album from 2011.

Desire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVy0EVu2ZI

Suzanne and I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIDj0SVWeBU

Love Won't Be Leaving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-WwmTbmMLw She's talking to those gods in this song I tell ya.

I have her newest album on order, set to arrive Mid October 2013.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Clear evidence that you guys all have a real influence on me:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Akc8Rx7ERTpqTHfMzcmFtyjEi3O9OZvGbwLy9SK9CiKauIOSCQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOuKamOe89hrvJtR0fPBJ6hwxrp3iCdOfhRNX25IuqrD14e3TW

:lol: :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just got this from Picky Boobs Jones AKA PJ_Soul

Photoon2013-09-20at1225_zpsa4d761d3.jpg

R.E.M. "Nightswimming" picture disc.

Looks pretty cool, thanks :D
    You're welcome. Glad it made it to you. :)

The weirdest thing happened when I was mailing it. I was there in the post office with my mom, and they tell me to fill out the mailing label, and I start to write that it's a vinyl record, and I completely forgot how to spell vinyl. I mean completely. I puzzled over it for a while. Made some failed attempts. Asked the postal worker, who clearlyvspoke English as a second language and wasn't helpful. My mom got in on it... finally i managed. :fp: It was literally the most severe brain shut down ever for me. :lol: I was actually disturbed. But then my mom said she once just completely forgot what day comes after Tuesday - complete and total blank out. Then I felt a bit better, because forgetting a day of the week is way worse than forgetting how to spell a word. :lol: Then I asked my mom if she thought she had experienced the first symptom of senility when that happened. :? :lol: But still.... I write the word vinyl every single day probably. :?

Well, before my grandpa died, he forgot who was president...

:lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just got this from Picky Boobs Jones AKA PJ_Soul

Photoon2013-09-20at1225_zpsa4d761d3.jpg

R.E.M. "Nightswimming" picture disc.

Looks pretty cool, thanks :D
    You're welcome. Glad it made it to you. :)

The weirdest thing happened when I was mailing it. I was there in the post office with my mom, and they tell me to fill out the mailing label, and I start to write that it's a vinyl record, and I completely forgot how to spell vinyl. I mean completely. I puzzled over it for a while. Made some failed attempts. Asked the postal worker, who clearlyvspoke English as a second language and wasn't helpful. My mom got in on it... finally i managed. :fp: It was literally the most severe brain shut down ever for me. :lol: I was actually disturbed. But then my mom said she once just completely forgot what day comes after Tuesday - complete and total blank out. Then I felt a bit better, because forgetting a day of the week is way worse than forgetting how to spell a word. :lol: Then I asked my mom if she thought she had experienced the first symptom of senility when that happened. :? :lol: But still.... I write the word vinyl every single day probably. :?

Well, before my grandpa died, he forgot who was president...

:lol:
    That's funny and not funny at the same time. :lol: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

tragicomic :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

tragicomic :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It seems so! Two great albums right there Soul... :thumbup: I think we all influence each other to a degree.
  • huge haul the last 2 weeks.

bob dylan, new morning
    ray charles, the genius of
    leonard cohen, songs from a room (used and was told it wouldnt have lasted through the night, used cohen never does)
    2001 a space odyssey soundtrack
    cream, fresh cream
    the who live at leeds, with all the inserts!!! fuck yeah
    one flew over the cuckoo's nest soundtrack with foldout poster!! huge 24 x 36", fuck yeah
    howard wales and jerry garcia hooteroll?
    james brown plays james brown
    frank sinatra, sinatra at the sands, ohh sweet
    miles davis, on the corner
    ^^all these used plus a few goofy ones (bambi and snow white sdtks). they are clean clean, as if 40 years ago they were bought, recorded to tape, and put on a shelf. some of the gatefolds still had a crinkle to them when opened.

new i got

bob dylan, blonde on blonde (mofi 45 rpm special ltd ed)
    miles davis, in a silent way mofi
    elvis costello and the roots, wise up ghost and other songs 2013
    rage against the machine people of the sun ep 10"
    tragically hip up to here (mov)
    steffano torossi , feelings
    beck, beck, beck, I wont be long, defriended, and gimme (12" singles from his webstore)
    NIN new album, hesitation mark
    david bowie bbc archives 1968-1972
    the reflectors ask the selector!
    STP core (mov)
    AIC dirt (mov)
    neko case the worse things get, the harder i fight...

and as dirty frank might say, (Ok I think that's enough)
    gorgeous was his savior
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    E78664CD-377F-4490-BBBD-2B281E2088D7-11997-000007A9CEE66D11_zps32cb6306.jpg
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • led zeppelin III with pinwheel. all you were talking of it a few weeks back and i fell victim too!! :D :oops: :lol:

also a cool molly hatchet album for the cover art! the deed is done
    gorgeous was his savior
  • E78664CD-377F-4490-BBBD-2B281E2088D7-11997-000007A9CEE66D11_zps32cb6306.jpg
    ooh nice new kings of leon
    gorgeous was his savior
    Foe40dees wrote:
    led zeppelin III with pinwheel. all you were talking of it a few weeks back and i fell victim too!! :D :oops: :lol:

also a cool molly hatchet album for the cover art! the deed is done
    :thumbup:
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    reesdog wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It seems so! Two great albums right there Soul... :thumbup: I think we all influence each other to a degree.

haha, ain't that the truth :oops:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    reesdog wrote:
    Second-hand:
    ouoah1.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation Smarchee, it's good, listened to it once so far... :thumbup:

wow, you beat me to it buddy, glad you are liking it, I like all tracks, except for the last, that is meh

but how can this be second-hand, this album came out like 3 months ago :fp:

lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    edited September 2013
    reesdog wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Oh yes, we do!!! Isn't it great! :lol: :thumbup:

The Neil Young archives bundle from Popmart arrived today.....

6d3f9f50ab167c0b9f7b53030a0e29e4
    Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    R.E.M._-_New_Adventures_in_Hi-Fi.jpg

original, sealed :D:D

I am a happy boy tonight :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    ^^^ nice smarchee & nice on the uncle neil as well bigdaddywill. I got those a few months ago & they're nice.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    smarchee wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    Second-hand:
    ouoah1.jpg

wow, you beat me to it buddy, glad you are liking it, I like all tracks, except for the last, that is meh

but how can this be second-hand, this album came out like 3 months ago :fp:

lol
    Good question dude, it was in the Sonic Youth section at my local, there were 3 copies, one had a 'Second-hand' sticker on it so the price was $10 less than the others... Looks brand-new, so had to grab it! :)
    smarchee wrote:
    R.E.M._-_New_Adventures_in_Hi-Fi.jpg

original, sealed :D:D

I am a happy boy tonight :D
    Great record, have this myself too. One of R.E.M.'s best, you're going to love spinning it! :thumbup:
    New:
    x4s0aq.jpg
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    ^^^ Did you just pick that up reesdog? I have that from the original days. Which reminds me I haven't listened to the whole if the new album yet, if it's still streaming on the guardian's website?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • They repressed it about 2-3 years back.