Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,667
    Ryan Adams and the Cardinals- Cold Roses

Frightened Rabbit- Pedestrian Verse (will be delivered tomorrow)
  • Options
    am-arctic-monkeys-vinyl-cover-art.jpg
    Rated_R_(X_Rated).gif
    the-reflektors-png.png?w=280&h=270&l=0&t=0
    NIN-Hesitation-Marks-VINYL.jpg_8apal.jpg
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,644
    513k78mEtHL._AA160_.jpg

51oFkhyJx9L._AA160_.jpg

BTW, if anyone ever sees a good copy of Day for Night for sale anywhere (no worse than NM-), and you're not into buying it yourself, please let me know!!! I want this album badly, but it is SO hard to find! There is one online right now, but there's a big fucking scratch on it, and I'm not into that. Thank you! :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    513k78mEtHL._AA160_.jpg

51oFkhyJx9L._AA160_.jpg

BTW, if anyone ever sees a good copy of Day for Night for sale anywhere (no worse than NM-), and you're not into buying it yourself, please let me know!!! I want this album badly, but it is SO hard to find! There is one online right now, but there's a big fucking scratch on it, and I'm not into that. Thank you! :wave:

:o:o:o:o

jesus PJ Soul you just keep raking these impressive records in

can you ears even handle all this great music on vinyl in a short period of time :lol:

you've made me jealous more than once lately :oops: :oops:

:D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    [BTW, if anyone ever sees a good copy of Day for Night for sale anywhere (no worse than NM-), and you're not into buying it yourself, please let me know!!! I want this album badly, but it is SO hard to find! There is one online right now, but there's a big fucking scratch on it, and I'm not into that. Thank you! :wave:

won't be me

8-)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    My Morning Jacket AT DAWN repress
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Already have the blue 'Limited' version, then saw a 'Deluxe' copy second-hand at a local store... :)
    2hogw20.jpg
    Why would someone trade in this great album?! Beats me! :?
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    This isn't now in my collection(yeah, that's a NZ$499 ie US$405 price tag in the top corner) but I did get to play with it i the record store close to my work this evening:
    2013-09-13190402.jpg
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    reesdog wrote:
    Already have the blue 'Limited' version, then saw a 'Deluxe' copy second-hand at a local store... :)
    2hogw20.jpg

I have the Deluxe as well. What are the differences besides the cover color?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    JK_Livin wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    2hogw20.jpg

It has a nice booklet inside with the guy who did the cover and their videos. Heavy duty 200 gram vinyl.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    2hogw20.jpg

It has a nice booklet inside with the guy who did the cover and their videos. Heavy duty 200 gram vinyl.

That's for the Deluxe, does the Blue one have that?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    The Blue does not have the booklet and it's lighter weight vinyl.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    The Blue does not have the booklet and it's lighter weight vinyl.

Thanks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    Really? I was feeling sorry for myself that I didn't manage to get a blue copy, but if the vinyl is lighter and it doesn't have the book, i'm glad I didn't get it.
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    This isn't now in my collection(yeah, that's a NZ$499 ie US$405 price tag in the top corner) but I did get to play with it i the record store close to my work this evening:
    2013-09-13190402.jpg
    Hey Morello, nice work, which record store is that, Real Groovy? Not that I want to buy this, waaaaay out of my price range. :)
  • Options
    In my top two Pavement albums... Who love Pavement?

Second-hand:
    1z1a4wp.jpg
    NM condition, remastered, reissue from 2007.
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    2013-09-13190402.jpg
    Hey Morello, nice work, which record store is that, Real Groovy? Not that I want to buy this, waaaaay out of my price range. :)
    Nah, Marbecks. I met a friend there for a drink after work yesterday & when I got there the whole building had been evacuated due to a fire alarm. When we were let back in the guys were fucking around a bit so I figured right, what do I want to look at, so I got this box down & opened it up etc. I checked out the Nevermind boxset thing too but it's CD only so meh! I'm still trying to get hold of the Under New Zealand Lights DVD of the White Stripes playing here. I have one offer of it for US$80 including the other items from WS vault #12 that I could probably sell on but it's just a lot of money when I essentially only want the DVD.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    380270793321.jpg

definitley impressed that someone mailed this from Switzerland on Sunday and got to Canada on Thursday

changed my Friday night :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

definitley impressed that someone mailed this from Switzerland on Sunday and got to Canada on Thursday

That was pretty fucking quick!
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

fucking right it was, I can;t believe it

I was expecting it some time next Thursday-ish
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

Great record Smarchee, love your work! :thumbup: I still don't have this myself, just hoping they reissue it sooner rather than later...
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I am in a serious drought right now. I need to visit my local store and get some vinyl.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    2013-09-13190402.jpg
    Nah, Marbecks. I met a friend there for a drink after work yesterday & when I got there the whole building had been evacuated due to a fire alarm. When we were let back in the guys were fucking around a bit so I figured right, what do I want to look at, so I got this box down & opened it up etc. I checked out the Nevermind boxset thing too but it's CD only so meh! I'm still trying to get hold of the Under New Zealand Lights DVD of the White Stripes playing here. I have one offer of it for US$80 including the other items from WS vault #12 that I could probably sell on but it's just a lot of money when I essentially only want the DVD.
    Oh ok, I thought Marbecks had closed down...?
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

that's fuckin awesome right there :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

Fuuuuuuck yeah! :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,644
    smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

fucking right it was, I can;t believe it

I was expecting it some time next Thursday-ish
    Sweet! That was quick! I bought mine before you, yet it's still stuck in no man's land... in transit but an estimated delivery date of Sept 26th. Wtf??? Anyway, glad you get to enjoy it already!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    Oh ok, I thought Marbecks had closed down...?
    No it's just gone to a way smaller store opposite where it used to be in the arcade & no online presence.
    <hr>
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

That is a thing of beauty.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    380270793321.jpg

That is a thing of beauty.

you should hear the sound then :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sweet! That was quick! I bought mine before you, yet it's still stuck in no man's land... in transit but an estimated delivery date of Sept 26th. Wtf??? Anyway, glad you get to enjoy it already!

yeah blown away it was at the post office Friday and I got it way before you

tee hee

:D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit