Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    reesdog wrote:
    This album is a must have in my opinion, it's great all the way through, one of NIN's best and one of the best of the year for me... Superb.

New:
    125mg6p.jpg
    Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks.
    Hey, did you see the rumour yesterday of NIN & QotSA touring together down here sometime? I didn't look into it but it was flying around, I guess Facebook, yesterday.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    This album is a must have in my opinion, it's great all the way through, one of NIN's best and one of the best of the year for me... Superb.

New:
    125mg6p.jpg
    I agree. It's awesome, sounds great, and I've been spinning it a lot to get ready for the show in November! :thumbup:

It's a good tour :corn:

Hope they come around again for another leg :corn:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    morello wrote:
    reesdog wrote:

New:
    125mg6p.jpg
    Hey, did you see the rumour yesterday of NIN & QotSA touring together down here sometime? I didn't look into it but it was flying around, I guess Facebook, yesterday.
    I saw that.... if that comes near me I will absolutely freak out! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    morello wrote:
    reesdog wrote:

New:
    125mg6p.jpg

Sounds legit. Both bands posted it
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXAdBLt_fFn1zp3Wv7Cb7m487B0lti5WEicRv1vbEviuhYIjJoNDNfSVkA

Sealed. :D I totally love this album.
    Only one more to go and I'll have every studio album!

Wow, congrats :thumbup: I'm officially jealous :D Still a couple more lacking in the PJ collection here ... We decided to put every penny into touring for now ... I hope you ripped it open and put it on the decks right away :D
    I am feeling somewhat devastated now. :( This just arrived, and the ASSHOLE who sold it to me seems to have made a point of packaging it as poorly as humanly possible. He just took 2 pieces of flimsy cardboard that isn't even as big as the album, put the album between them, and stuck it in a fucking oversized padded envelope. He didn't even bother taping the pieced of cardboard together. The album has just been flying around with literally no protection at all for two weeks through the USPS system. It's fucking mangled. :cry: All of the corners are damaged, and two of them are completely ruined. Crushed, creased, bent. It's so damaged even the booklet inside is bent. The vinyl itself looks okay, so that's something, but fuck man. I paid $300 for it. And the real kicker is that I paid $35 for shipping, but, unbeknownst to him I would imagine, the postage tells me exactly how much he spent on shipping. $16. What a fucking scumbag. I emailed him - who has been SUPER nice via email, incidentally - and confronted him with the discrepancy in shipping costs, and said that the left over money would have been well spent on fucking decent packaging. I wonder if he'll even reply. Probably not. So now what?? Do I just suck it up and feel shitty every time I look at the album with profound damage? Or do I make a claim through paypal? I really don't know.
    Sucks.
    I can't believe that fucking guy. :evil:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Wow, congrats :thumbup: I'm officially jealous :D Still a couple more lacking in the PJ collection here ... We decided to put every penny into touring for now ... I hope you ripped it open and put it on the decks right away :D
    I am feeling somewhat devastated now. :( This just arrived, and the ASSHOLE who sold it to me seems to have made a point of packaging it as poorly as humanly possible. He just took 2 pieces of flimsy cardboard that isn't even as big as the album, put the album between them, and stuck it in a fucking oversized padded envelope. He didn't even bother taping the pieced of cardboard together. The album has just been flying around with literally no protection at all for two weeks through the USPS system. It's fucking mangled. :cry: All of the corners are damaged, and two of them are completely ruined. Crushed, creased, bent. It's so damaged even the booklet inside is bent. The vinyl itself looks okay, so that's something, but fuck man. I paid $300 for it. And the real kicker is that I paid $35 for shipping, but, unbeknownst to him I would imagine, the postage tells me exactly how much he spent on shipping. $16. What a fucking scumbag. I emailed him - who has been SUPER nice via email, incidentally - and confronted him with the discrepancy in shipping costs, and said that the left over money would have been well spent on fucking decent packaging. I wonder if he'll even reply. Probably not. So now what?? Do I just suck it up and feel shitty every time I look at the album with profound damage? Or do I make a claim through paypal? I really don't know.
    Sucks.

that is fucking bullshit, do not mess with PJ vinyl collectors :nono: :nono: :nono:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Sucks.

that is fucking bullshit, do not mess with PJ vinyl collectors :nono: :nono: :nono:
    I just opened a dispute on paypal asking for $89 back ($70 for lost value, which I think was generous, and $19 shipping). Hopefully he just agrees to it.
    I am feeling kind of bad for him for some reason, like maybe he's just THAT stupid... he seemed so nice and friendly, and I convinced him to ship to Canada.... but then I remember that he tried to get away with the cheapest shipping possible so he could steal $19 from me, so forget it, I don't feel bad. :lol:
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    reesdog wrote:
    Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age+-+Songs+For+The+Deaf+-+DOUBLE+LP-235708.jpg
    Ace Wil! :thumbup: I know that's one of your grails, enjoy!

Thanks reesdog!
    Unfortunately, this is a bad pressing. It was purchased new, I cleaned both records and sounds poopy. Tons of surface noise along with cracks and pops. This might be a bootleg copy, sure sounds like one. Anyway, sending it back and getting a full refund. Oh well, maybe some other time.

but........

This arrived today and sounds awesome! Original US pressing on clear wax.(2lps) It was still sealed and even has the Tower Records price tag on it. $10.44

photobucket-17800-1380665394091_zps930e626f.jpg

photobucket-32245-1380665366231_zps102f32ad.jpg
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I just opened a dispute on paypal asking for $89 back ($70 for lost value, which I think was generous, and $19 shipping). Hopefully he just agrees to it.
    I am feeling kind of bad for him for some reason, like maybe he's just THAT stupid... he seemed so nice and friendly, and I convinced him to ship to Canada.... but then I remember that he tried to get away with the cheapest shipping possible so he could steal $19 from me, so forget it, I don't feel bad. :lol:

Don't feel bad at all! That's a crock of shit!!! :x
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,057
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I agree- no reason to feel bad at all. In fact, I would ask for much larger percentage of the cost of the LP plus some of the shipping overage. On occasion I've bough books on line for my customers and if the item is poorly packaged and there is any damage I tell the seller "I will return your item for a full refund including shipping BOTH WAYS or you can let me keep the book, tell me how much you want to give as a refund and I will consider your offer before leaving feedback". I don't give sellers any slack this way because when I sell a book online, I go out of my way to pack books that I have shipped in such a way that they can literally be dropped out of a second or third floor window and remain undamaged. There is no excuse for poor packing and negligent sellers need to be held accountable!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I agree- no reason to feel bad at all. In fact, I would ask for much larger percentage of the cost of the LP plus some of the shipping overage. On occasion I've bough books on line for my customers and if the item is poorly packaged and there is any damage I tell the seller "I will return your item for a full refund including shipping BOTH WAYS or you can let me keep the book, tell me how much you want to give as a refund and I will consider your offer before leaving feedback". I don't give sellers any slack this way because when I sell a book online, I go out of my way to pack books that I have shipped in such a way that they can literally be dropped out of a second or third floor window and remain undamaged. There is no excuse for poor packing and negligent sellers need to be held accountable!
    I told him I'd pursue exactly that (full refund including shipping both ways) if he refused my offer. So he can either just give me the $89 or we can get into it with PayPal moderating.... Brutal though. I am starting to regret asking for so little back... Would someone buy a sealed one with this much damage for $230?? I don't know. The prices are high these days. But anyway, it really is a disappointment to look at this thing and know that it was mint before this guy did what he did. What a waste. :fp: And this kind of damage speeds up the aging process a LOT, so it's just going to look shittier and shittier as time goes on no matter how carefully I handle it. :( But they are really hard to find these days, so I don't want to give it up either... maybe someday I'll buy another one, I don't know. Anyway, just going to have to suck up my compulsively dramatic sorrow over this damage and try to enjoy playing the record even though the mangled jacket is sitting there laughing at me. :lol:
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Nirvana - In Utero 20th anniversary deluxe edition
    41WudCCubrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Sucks.
    Sucks that it arrived in such a damaged state, The one I just picked up in August had some crushed corners as well...but I knew they were a little dented before I purchased it. I guess a great deal of the 10C orders originally came with damaged corners, but the kicker was 10C had nothing left to replace them with. Mine was shipped in the mosy amazing packaging, so further damage didn't occur. Your seller should have been more careful. Hope he gives you some $ back.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Yarden wrote:
    Nirvana - In Utero 20th anniversary deluxe edition
    41WudCCubrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How is it?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414
    NY- Rust Never Sleeps (Used)
    QOTSA- ...Like Clockwork
    Pearl Jam- The First Coming (10/23/90 Studio Rehearsal)
    NY- Mirror Ball (Sealed '95 US Pressing) :D
  • Options
    ^^^ very nice Hobbes. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Oh boy PJ_Soul, so sorry to hear this. What a fucktard :x You would think that people who sell stuff like this and get so much money for it know how precious it must be to the buyer and pack accordingly. Fingers crossed you get this resolved.

And I saw an Avocado today on discogs for 200$. I would love to whip these out, but tour is coming, and I have other priorities!
  • Options
    Oh boy PJ_Soul, so sorry to hear this. What a fucktard :x You would think that people who sell stuff like this and get so much money for it know how precious it must be to the buyer and pack accordingly. Fingers crossed you get this resolved.

And I saw an Avocado today on discogs for 200$. I would love to whip these out, but tour is coming, and I have other priorities!
    ugh! I was going for sealed/mint of course, but now that my sealed/mintnalbum is destroyed, that $200 very good plus jacket on discogs is looking pretty good! :fp: :lol:

They guy is giving me back $65. :roll: He actually had the nerve to bargain me down from my dispute claim not $89. But when he said 1) he didn't want to see photos because he wanted to remember it as he remembered it (he was a 10c member before getting married) and 2) that he had to pay $65 in installments because he's so broke, I caved anyway. I guess I am a softy. :fp:
  • Options
    A couple from U2

u2-boy-us-lp.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!qYFHl61W2zjBR5)QcHYwQ~~60_35.JPG
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

ugh! I was going for sealed/mint of course, but now that my sealed/mintnalbum is destroyed, that $200 very good plus jacket on discogs is looking pretty good! :fp: :lol:

They guy is giving me back $65. :roll: He actually had the nerve to bargain me down from my dispute claim not $89. But when he said 1) he didn't want to see photos because he wanted to remember it as he remembered it (he was a 10c member before getting married) and 2) that he had to pay $65 in installments because he's so broke, I caved anyway. I guess I am a softy. :fp:

You're a good soul, PJ_Soul. I hope your good karma finds you a reasonable replacement. If I had the record (at this time I do not) I would reproduce the cover at 100% original size at a good print shop and send the reproduction to you. I did that with a hard to find jazz LP one time. The cover was moldy so I took some Windex with me to a print shop, color copied the cover to make my own cover out of and cleaned their machine before I left. The reproduced cover looks pretty good.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    I agree with brianlux, you made some karma points :thumbup: That idea with re-doing the cover sounds good. And at least the record is in good shape!
  • Options
    A couple from U2

u2-boy-us-lp.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!qYFHl61W2zjBR5)QcHYwQ~~60_35.JPG

My two favorite U2 albums. Always have been and (very much most likely) always will be. I friend of mine who played in a local band saw U2 play a small gig on a second floor stage in an old hotel in San Jose, CA around the time of "Boy"- maybe even just prior to that first album's release. He was blown away by the band's energy but told me the crowd was so into the music and so enthusiastically pogo dancing that he was hugely concerned that the floor would collapse. I bought their first four or five albums when they came out and saw them with Black Uhuru and The Alarm in SF during the "War" tour. It was a killer show!

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Yeah you were definitely hard done by with that damaged record PJ_Soul and the messy business that goes with it, especially with what you paid for it and the fact you expected Mint, that sucks all kinds of balls. Looking on the bright side though, you have Avocado on vinyl that's still pretty damn cool! Not many people can say that, I for one... Chin up pal! ;)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:
    2lc7506.jpg
    The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Acme.

From 1998.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    ^^^^ Nice reesdog. I was big time into JSBE in the mid-late 90s but don't have that album. Good on you. :) Did you go to their last couple of gigs here?
    <hr>
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    Yeah you were definitely hard done by with that damaged record PJ_Soul and the messy business that goes with it, especially with what you paid for it and the fact you expected Mint, that sucks all kinds of balls. Looking on the bright side though, you have Avocado on vinyl that's still pretty damn cool! Not many people can say that, I for one... Chin up pal! ;)
    You are absolutely right. In the scheme of things, I am not so hard done by! I just had to vent and let it all out I guess! :lol: And yeah, the album sounds great. One of the discs got a little bit bent from the damage too, but it didn't affect play. :) And if I put the thing in the right light, with a shadow over the top few inches, the front of the jacket looks pretty good. :lol:

#pearljamproblems
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You're a good soul, PJ_Soul. I hope your good karma finds you a reasonable replacement. If I had the record (at this time I do not) I would reproduce the cover at 100% original size at a good print shop and send the reproduction to you. I did that with a hard to find jazz LP one time. The cover was moldy so I took some Windex with me to a print shop, color copied the cover to make my own cover out of and cleaned their machine before I left. The reproduced cover looks pretty good.
    That's a good idea Brian! I guess I should count myself lucky - no mold on my Avocado. :)
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Moving Mountains - Moving Mountains
    The Horrible Crowes - Live at the Troubadour
    The Horrible Crowes - Elsie
    O'Brother - Disillusion
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,372
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    You are absolutely right. In the scheme of things, I am not so hard done by! I just had to vent and let it all out I guess! :lol: And yeah, the album sounds great. One of the discs got a little bit bent from the damage too, but it didn't affect play. :) And if I put the thing in the right light, with a shadow over the top few inches, the front of the jacket looks pretty good. :lol:

#pearljamproblems
    Oh man I just read your posts and that whole situation sucks :( As you say though, at least the record sounds great. Brian's photocopy idea sounds pretty good too. I may try that for some of my older records
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)