The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Hoping Drew keeps proving me wrong.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Yeah, Gardner!
  • Yeah, Gardner!

He's definitely on a nice run.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    this game is sposed to be over in 11 minutes :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

this game is sposed to be over in 11 minutes :))

Their games are usually like watching old people get it on, slow and painful.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    This is what I was hoping Gardner would do. But with a little more steals and a higher average. Took him too long though. He is striking out a lot. But also walking more so I guess they cancel out. I guess this is his aberration year.
    I miss igotid88
    Gardner so far best offensive player on this team and he slides head first into first base.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Gardner so far best offensive player on this team and he slides head first into first base.

I hate that shit
    A really good win coming from behind at Fenway a couple times
    igotid88 said:

This is what I was hoping Gardner would do. But with a little more steals and a higher average. Took him too long though. He is striking out a lot. But also walking more so I guess they cancel out. I guess this is his aberration year.

You were hoping Gardner would be better than this? Wasn't Phil Hughes your boy?

igotid88 said:

This is what I was hoping he would be in terms of power. But with more steals and a higher average.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

This is what I was hoping he would be in terms of power. But with more steals and a higher average.
    That's a bit unrealistic, no? What ever gave you the impression he was capable of that?

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

That's a bit unrealistic, no? What ever gave you the impression he was capable of that?
    Not like 25-30 hr perennially. But a couple 15-20. And I thought he would get more infield hits like Ichiro used to. But his obp is still good.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Not like 25-30 hr perennially. But a couple 15-20. And I thought he would get more infield hits like Ichiro used to. But his obp is still good.
    That's fair. I feel like he doesn't hit as many grounders as Ichiro but I could be off on that. I do agree with the more stolen bases thing though. He is a poor base stealer for his speed. That said, I have no complaints with him this year.
    Phillies wanted Severino or Judge for Marlon Byrd. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Cole Hamels, perhaps.
    Just saw the pitching match ups for this series. Scherzer, Price and Verlander. Fun....
    Tanaka throwing today. Fingers crossed.
    Tanaka feels good and no pain after 50 pitch game of catch.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Tanaka feels good and no pain after 50 pitch game of catch.

Thats really good to hear! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Tanaka feels good and no pain after 50 pitch game of catch.

Thats really good to hear! :)
    Oh man, if we get him and a solid Pineda back for the stretch, we could make a serious push for the playoffs. I just don't see the consistency in our rotation as is to make it happen. Bats are coming around. Would hate to see Jeter miss the playoffs.
    Man, the tigers 3-4 hitters are so awesome. Such tough at bats
    Holy hell. That's one of the better catches you will ever see
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Holy hell. That's one of the better catches you will ever see

Unbelievable catch!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Gotta love that outing from McCarthy after a 30 something pitch second inning
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Gotta love that outing from McCarthy after a 30 something pitch second inning

Steller tonight for 5 2/3's innings. So far, knock on wood, he's been a good trade.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Nearly that whole lineup is good. Rajai Davis and JD Martinez have been spectacular too. This team is going to be really tough to beat.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Sounds like Eppler is getting the San Diego job. Sucks to see him go, but well deserved. Some people online have pointed out that it may mean Cashman is still GM for a bit longer. Eppler was the obvious replacement with a potential promotion for Cashman to something similar to what Theo is.

Nearly that whole lineup is good. Rajai Davis and JD Martinez have been spectacular too. This team is going to be really tough to beat.
    Yeah, I didn't realize Martinez was having that good of a year.

Another A's-Tigers series would be pretty awesome, assuming the Yanks are out.
    edited August 2014
    More names from the bio- genesis scandal that weren't on the first list.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

More names from the bio- genesis scandal that weren't on the first list.

Ortiz and Cano. Ortiz and Cano. Ortiz and Cano. Ortiz and Cano