The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    Don't know why Alex ddn't get an at-bat. He likes to hit in that park.

This is why Girardi wasn't my choice for manager.

This is your reason? Really? I guess this outweighs a World Series title... :roll:

And, yo, to all you Yank fans, and I mean no offense by this whatsoever, but seriously....ALL fucking day with this? Really? It's not like the president died, or fucking Mother Theresa. Seriously. I could see showing this nonstop on YES, but every sports station. Jesus H Christ. Condolences.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

This is your reason? Really? I guess this outweighs a World Series title... :roll:

And, yo, to all you Yank fans, and I mean no offense by this whatsoever, but seriously....ALL fucking day with this? Really? It's not like the president died, or fucking Mother Theresa. Seriously. I could see showing this nonstop on YES, but every sports station. Jesus H Christ. Condolences.

One of the reason is what I should've said.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I didn't think it was going to be this big. But he changed sports in a way.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I didn't think it was going to be this big. But he changed sports in a way.

Between the World Cup, then Lebron, and now this, I'm going to slit my wrists - long ways.
    Between the World Cup, then Lebron, and now this, I'm going to slit my wrists - long ways.

It's WAY better than hearing about Bret Farve.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

That's next.
    Newch91 wrote:

That's next.

Yep. Going to suck. We can't forget the enormous coverage Tiger got.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

they're the only team that matters...deal with it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Come on, dude. It's the all star game. I don't know the specifics because I fell asleep but there were plently of reasons for Girardi to hit Beltre ahead of Arod. The primary one being, Beltre has better numbers this year.

alg_yankees_trophy_girardi.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Come on, dude. It's the all star game. I don't know the specifics because I fell asleep but there were plently of reasons for Girardi to hit Beltre ahead of Arod. The primary one being, Beltre has better numbers this year.

alg_yankees_trophy_girardi.jpg

It's not just that. He should've pinch ran A-Rod for Papi. Also, how about his over-managing last year against the Angels in the LCS when he took Robertson out when he was doing just fine? I'm mad they didn't give Torre this team.
    Newch91 wrote:

It's not just that. He should've pinch ran A-Rod for Papi. Also, how about his over-managing last year against the Angels in the LCS when he took Robertson out when he was doing just fine? I'm mad they didn't give Torre this team.

He explained that Wigginton was going to pinch run for Ortiz and Arod was going to run for Beltre so he could take over in the field.

Sure, he makes too many pitching changes at times but you can't deny he does not burn the bullpen like the last manager. Torre's time was over, it was time to move on.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

He explained that Wigginton was going to pinch run for Ortiz and Arod was going to run for Beltre so he could take over in the field.

Sure, he makes too many pitching changes at times but you can't deny he does not burn the bullpen like the last manager. Torre's time was over, it was time to move on.

Should've given Donnie the team.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Should've given Donnie the team.

He was not ready, I said that a few days ago. His bullpen management would have been brutal considering he only ever worked with Torre. Plus, his family issues that popped up would have been a huge problem. It was just too early. I understand having problems with a managers tatical moves but to say you don't like Girardi 8 months after the team delivered a title makes no sense to me.

I think the Yankees have the strongest coaching staff they have had in a long time. I am a big fan of both Eiland and Long.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    He was not ready, I said that a few days ago. His bullpen management would have been brutal considering he only ever worked with Torre. Plus, his family issues that popped up would have been a huge problem. It was just too early. I understand having problems with a managers tatical moves but to say you don't like Girardi 8 months after the team delivered a title makes no sense to me.

I think the Yankees have the strongest coaching staff they have had in a long time. I am a big fan of both Eiland and Long.

I haven't liked him from the start. Ever since he was given the job, I didn't think he was a good fit for them. Of course I'm wrong, but I just don't care for him as a manager. I will agree their staff is really strong, since the days of the 3-peat with Mel, Willie, Lee, etc.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cmon newch torre was over and done

anytime a manager sends the trainer out to the mound in a playoff game because of a bug problem..its time to go

he was sleeping half the time in the dugout
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I grew up with Torre. That's why I didn't want him to leave. I also don't like Hank running the team. Yeah, he's probably like his father. Hal is a much better fit to run the team on his own.
    Newch91 wrote:
    I grew up with Torre. That's why I didn't want him to leave. I also don't like Hank running the team. Yeah, he's probably like his father. Hal is a much better fit to run the team on his own.

Hank has nothing to do with the team. It is Hal's team and he seems like he is going to be a great owner.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Hank has nothing to do with the team. It is Hal's team and he seems like he is going to be a great owner.

The both of them run the team, but it is mostly Hal's team. Both of them run the day-to-day operations. Hal is a great owner already with he did in the 2008 off season.
    Although, I do love Hank's remarks regarding "Red Sox Nation" back in 2008.

"Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of bullshit that is...That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans...Go anywhere in America and you won't see Red Sox hats and jackets, you'll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order."
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

The both of them run the team, but it is mostly Hal's team. Both of them run the day-to-day operations. Hal is a great owner already with he did in the 2008 off season.

Hank has had almost no input in the team since the Arod contract, which he had a big role in. He may have a title but Hal runs the show.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hank has had almost no input in the team since the Arod contract, which he had a big role in. He may have a title but Hal runs the show.

He was also the one that got Girardi the job.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He was also the one that got Girardi the job.

He was more involved in the team in '07 true, but to that was an organizational decision even if Hank was the most outspoken about it.
    All I care about is the Yankees having a strong second half, Tex continuing his hot streak, and to work on the bullpen and find an 8th innning man if Joba is going to continue to be the way he is. And winning the World Series at home in a sweep or 5 games.
    Newch91 wrote:
    All I care about is the Yankees having a strong second half, Tex continuing his hot streak, and to work on the bullpen and find an 8th innning man if Joba is going to continue to be the way he is. And winning the World Series at home in a sweep or 5 games.

True. Although, I will be more than happy with a chamionship regardless of where it ends especially since they won at home last year. 2 more days till games.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

True. Although, I will be more than happy with a chamionship regardless of where it ends especially since they won at home last year. 2 more days till games.

Yes but it's much better when you win it at home infront of the fans and celebrate after with them.
    Tough, tough three game series coming up against Tampa this weekend.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    he was sleeping half the time in the dugout
    i would have too if i was the manager of the 90's yankees
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    man we have to wait until friday.
    I miss igotid88
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Wow, being a Met fan I just can't wait for another Yankee parade....keep up the good work guys..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'