The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Holy fuck, what is going on? I cant believe this shit. I wake up to text messages that this shit is about to go down.

they want rings NOW cliffy

fuck it this guy is a stud as we all know and he seems to love the stadium

get it done cash

we have more catchers
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Holy fuck, what is going on? I cant believe this shit. I wake up to text messages that this shit is about to go down.

get it done cash

we have more catchers

I don't have a huge problem with it. I trust Cashman. Montero is going to be very good but this definitely means they probably don't project him as a catcher. I have said that I think that Romine is the next Yankees catcher.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

get it done cash

we have more catchers

I don't have a huge problem with it. I trust Cashman. Montero is going to be very good but this definitely means they probably don't project him as a catcher. I have said that I think that Romine is the next Yankees catcher.

many options at the catching position

ill take a 31 yr old stud lefty over a potential catcher

besides the parade's are sooo much fun
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

many options at the catching position

ill take a 31 yr old stud lefty over a potential catcher

besides the parade's are sooo much fun

haha, "IF" this gets done, the Yanks are clear favorites to win it. Means Javy will be moved...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    I don't know if they do it if he doesn't sign an extension.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

he would sign with them in a heartbeat

a guy this good getting traded 4 times in 1 1/2 years.... he would love to play and win here
    igotid88 wrote:

he would sign with them in a heartbeat

a guy this good getting traded 4 times in 1 1/2 years.... he would love to play and win here

But what if he wants to test the market and get more from the Yankees in the offseason?
    I miss igotid88
    He may not sign an extension now if it gets done but this means they are absolutely signing him this offseason. Either way, if this happens he wil be a yankee next year.
    And now they are interested in Werth.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    He may not sign an extension now if it gets done but this means they are absolutely signing him this offseason. Either way, if this happens he wil be a yankee next year.

Yea but I don't like the idea of paying twice for 1 guy. I don't feel they need him. Sure it'll be nice if he came. And he pitches the same way.
    I miss igotid88
    put yourself in lee's mind

indians just get rid of him

pitches a perfect game against the yankees in the ws ( and pretty much all postseason then gets screwed by the phils for doc

then 12 starts into seattle career they want to get rid of him

i think he has had enough of this nonsense and thinks ok time to come to a team who is wants me bad and has a very good chance of winning multiple rings
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And now they are interested in Werth.

i guess he couldn't hurt coming off the bench
    wow this is really close

espn.com

think he is being pulled from his start tonight
    put yourself in lee's mind

indians just get rid of him

pitches a perfect game against the yankees in the ws ( and pretty much all postseason then gets screwed by the phils for doc

then 12 starts into seattle career they want to get rid of him

i think he has had enough of this nonsense and thinks ok time to come to a team who is wants me bad and has a very good chance of winning multiple rings

The indians and mariners are getting rid of him cuz they felt they couldn't afford him. The phillies were just stupid.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    edited July 2010
    Lee's going to pitch tonight for the Mariners, and then in the fifth inning, when he gets traded, he'll switch sides and pitch for the Yankees! ;)

Well, okay, that's impossible, but it would be pretty damn funny.
    Post edited by tcaporale on
    If lee comes he won't start in the series.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Okay, so my father just called me, and on the radio they're saying it's going to be Vasquez for Werth.
  • I also heard Werth for vazquez. Kind of a surprise with utley already being out for Philly. I guess 4 solid OFers isn't a huge issue, but I like the DH flexibilty for the older starters. Unless this means Granderson will be sitting more
    tcaporale wrote:
    Okay, so my father just called me, and on the radio they're saying it's going to be Vasquez for Werth.

which means lee is done :mrgreen:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Welcome to the Yankees Cliff Lee!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jesus Montero- A catcher who can't catch that we have no place to move him to
    David Adams- A Second baseman we have no where to play
    and another pospect.......

For Cliff Lee
    this is a good deal.

Only thing not to like is there is no window to resign him and he could bolt after this year. hopefully being reunited with his old indians buddy CC will make him want to stay and the yankees can sign him to a nice deal.

Now they also hold a nice trade chip for an excellent middle reliever or a bat. in javier vazquez.

I do feel a little bad for Javy as he turned it around and i was rooting for him and now it looks like he will be the odd man out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Intodeep, they will sign him after the season. They would not be making this trade if they didn't intend to. There was an interesting interview with cashman talking about overpaying for players and why he thinks it is beneficial since they have the capacity to do so.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 :mrgreen::mrgreen:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::D:D:D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    intodeep wrote:
    Jesus Montero- A catcher who can't catch that we have no place to move him to
    David Adams- A Second baseman we have no where to play
    and another pospect.......

For Cliff Lee
    this is a good deal.

Only thing not to like is there is no window to resign him and he could bolt after this year. hopefully being reunited with his old indians buddy CC will make him want to stay and the yankees can sign him to a nice deal.

Now they also hold a nice trade chip for an excellent middle reliever or a bat. in javier vazquez.

I do feel a little bad for Javy as he turned it around and i was rooting for him and now it looks like he will be the odd man out.

I'd rather trade Montero next year for something we might need. Than for a possible rental.
    I miss igotid88
    Mccaillster sounds like he is involved. That sucks
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Mccaillster sounds like he is involved. That sucks
    yeah that does suck, but what can we do gotta give up to get.

Plus although i know it is the yankees intention to sign him. What if he doens't want to sign with the Yankees?

He does not have to.

Losing McCaillster and Montero for a rental would hurt in the long run.

Edit: for the record i think they should do it i'm just looking at worse case scenario. In the here and now though all that matters is 28!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    The mariners have pulled away from talks
    I miss igotid88
    Looks like Jesus is saved.
    I miss igotid88
  • would have LOVED Cliff Lee to the Yankees today (See ya in pinstripes in December, Cliffy) but I'm just as happy they're holding onto Jesus Montero