The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Betances is going 99 to 83. He is fucking awesome.

Tanaka, Betances, Robertson. Yes, fucking, please

Yeah buddy! They need to keep our heads above water until we can get some kind of help in the rotation.
    Yeah, man. Market is gonna heat up soon and it can't come soon enough. I can't take another nuno start
    Nuno is the one I can't stand. Phelps has done ok considering. Joe left him in too long the other day, and the rookie has held his own. Kuroda needs to step up.

Agreed. I don't think we can expect Whitley to keep it up though
    I enjoyed that game. Big win
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

Betances is going 99 to 83. He is fucking awesome.

Tanaka, Betances, Robertson. Yes, fucking, please

Yeah buddy! They need to keep our heads above water until we can get some kind of help in the rotation.
    Yeah, man. Market is gonna heat up soon and it can't come soon enough. I can't take another nuno start
    Nuno is the one I can't stand. Phelps has done ok considering. Joe left him in too long the other day, and the rookie has held his own. Kuroda needs to step up.

Agreed. I don't think we can expect Whitley to keep it up though
    You never know. They called him up because he has talent. Wishful thinking or not, he could end up being solid.

I enjoyed that game. Big win

Yes. I like Jeter starting to hit the ball. It is insane he has 1300 or so more strikeouts than the late great Tony Gwynn.
    Brian McCann baby.

Close this out and pick up at least a game in this series
    Another good win.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I've always wanted to visit Yankee Stadium experience the Culture and see a Game.
    Alright, let's get out of this fucker getting 3 games back.
    i_lov_it said:

I've always wanted to visit Yankee Stadium experience the Culture and see a Game.

It's a great time but not what it used to be

i_lov_it said:

The new place is nice, but they changed the vibe by fanning the seats back and jacking the prices up. Used to be more intimidating and loud with more blue collar(rowdy) fans on top of the field.
    Tied in the loss column

Tied in the loss column

Shaky a little at the end with our b relievers, but a win is a win! Couple more hits for Jeter too. I'd love to see him finish around .300 this year.
    edited June 2014
    That's what I'm talking about! Keep that train rolling! Woot woot! Beltran!
    “Ray. People will come, Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around", you'll say, "It's only $20 per person". They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be again. Oh...people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.”
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Loved Tino day. When are we going to see a day for Bernie?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 said:

Loved Tino day. When are we going to see a day for Bernie?

Next year it sounds like.
    Best yankees game of the year. Pissed I will not be in attendance this year. US game is just bad timing

Best yankees game of the year. Pissed I will not be in attendance this year. US game is just bad timing

Wish I wasn't stuck here at work.
    Yanks getting beat down already today. Damn it.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519

i_lov_it said:

The new place is nice, but they changed the vibe by fanning the seats back and jacking the prices up. Used to be more intimidating and loud with more blue collar(rowdy) fans on top of the field.
    Ha, ha, ha. You must have gone in 1940. Blue collar hasn't been anywhere near the field (Except the bleachers) in like 40 years (when they are winning - we exclude the '80s b/c there were no collars there).

New Yankee Stadium is just fine. The only issue I have is anyone and everyone is getting a plaque in Centerfield. It used to be an honor. Now, it's an insult if you don't get added. Tino Martinez? Really? Who is going to be telling their grandkids about Tino Martinez?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    edited June 2014

i_lov_it said:

Ha, ha, ha. You must have gone in 1940. Blue collar hasn't been anywhere near the field (Except the bleachers) in like 40 years (when they are winning - we exclude the '80s b/c there were no collars there).

New Yankee Stadium is just fine. The only issue I have is anyone and everyone is getting a plaque in Centerfield. It used to be an honor. Now, it's an insult if you don't get added. Tino Martinez? Really? Who is going to be telling their grandkids about Tino Martinez?
    What about the upperdeck? It used to be reasonable to go to a game. The second level used to be more vertical and closer from what I remember. That is what I meant by being on top of the field. It felt lively and intense when it was packed. I live out west now and haven't been to a game in awhile, but I watch almost every game. It never seems as full or energetic as it used to when I watch. Thought about going for a game when I am there this summer, but it's just too much money for decent seats. I could be wrong about attendance as I haven't looked it up, but it seems less full.
    I guess I wouldn't miss the person in front of me resting their head on my nuts because they used to pack em in like sardines up there. Hahaha
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

i_lov_it said:

two EXCELLENT points!

The whole yankee aura and mystique (schilling is a horse's ass but I liked his comments about that) is tiresome to fans of other teams. Check out the Babe Ruth Auction at goldinauctions.com A Jeter bat with a higher minimum bid than a Mays bat? really? really? :fp:v
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

i_lov_it said:

two EXCELLENT points!

The whole yankee aura and mystique (schilling is a horse's ass but I liked his comments about that) is tiresome to fans of other teams. Check out the Babe Ruth Auction at goldinauctions.com A Jeter bat with a higher minimum bid than a Mays bat? really? really? :fp:v
    I wasn't referring to aura and mystique. I don't believe in ghosts. I was referring to the intensity and grit of the old place being a louder, more in your face type of place to play. But yeah, I agree with the Tino thing as well as that auction being ridiculous.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    The upperdeck in new YS is vertical. I felt like I was going to fall. I wonder how people drink beer there.
    I miss igotid88
    Yanks showing some fight for the first time in days.
    igotid88 said:

The upperdeck in new YS is vertical. I felt like I was going to fall. I wonder how people drink beer there.

New? I feel like the old stadium was much steeper. It was definitely more on top of the field. My tickets were about 4726 feet from the field it felt like.

I just hate that you don't get a break from them selling you shit. Every break in the action is come buy this from this section...

I do miss the atmosphere of the old stadium. At least the last dozen years of the old stadium. Really like the general design of hype he new stadium, especially the great hall. And the space. Space is nice
    Betances was bound to have a bad night
    Spoke too soon

Betances was bound to have a bad night

Hey, it still says 2 ip, no runs on the stat sheet!
    Gardner has to be able to take a base here but jeter will be bunting, which I hate