The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive said:

imalive said:

"THROW THE BALL!" :))

[-X

How dumb do you think he felt when he realized he just yelled at the captain like that?
    when I hear you guys call him that, I picture a plaque with "The Captain" over his bed :))
    Yeah, Jeets.

Go look that up.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

imalive said:

"THROW THE BALL!" :))

[-X

How dumb do you think he felt when he realized he just yelled at the captain like that?
    when I hear you guys call him that, I picture a plaque with "The Captain" over his bed :))
    I've always pictured him on the love boat with Gopher and Doc.
    edited June 2014

This team stinks.

Yes they do so far. They have to do something to wake Jeter up. Maybe drop him to 6th or 7th in the order. I hate that our team always signs guys either past their prime or at the end of it. We are too old. We won all those titles with young talent that was farm raised with a few older free agents. Now we just sign every old fart that has had a decent couple seasons. Frustrating.
    :)) I see Giambi is back. Maybe they'll make him an offer! lol
    I liked him a lot. Maybe he could be a player coach and they could sack Girardi too.
    What does firing Girardi do for anyone?
    I just don't like him. I think he gets too much credit when they play well, and not enough credit when they stink...lol.

I also think Torre was pushed out because of him. He took a year off and waited for the job. I think they interviewed Mattingly just to make it look good but there had to be some back door cconversations going on. That's my conspiracy theory for the day.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on

This team stinks.

Yes they do so far. They have to do something to wake Jeter up. Maybe drop him to 6th or 7th in the order. I hate that our team always signs guys either past their prime or at the end of it. We are too old. We won all those titles with young talent that was farm raised with a few older free agents. Now we just sign every old fart that has had a decent couple seasons. Frustrating.
    I liked him a lot. Maybe he could be a player coach and they could sack Girardi too.
    I just don't like him. I think he gets too much credit when they play well, and not enough credit when they stink...lol.
    Sounds like every manager in baseball.

This team stinks.

One thing that stands out in my mind is how many times he's left a lefty reliever on to face a righty late in the game and lost a lead when he had a righty up. I remember being furious multiple times when he did that with Coke and Logan the last few years.

This team stinks.

One thing that stands out in my mind is how many times he's left a lefty reliever on to face a righty late in the game and lost a lead when he had a righty up. I remember being furious multiple times when he did that with Coke and Logan the last few years.
    Funny thing is, one of the main things that Girardi gets credit for is his overall bullpen management and keeping players fresh. Torre used to destroy players careers.

He has used Thorton way too much against righties this year, but that is not a fire-able offense in my mind.

This team stinks.

Funny thing is, one of the main things that Girardi gets credit for is his overall bullpen management and keeping players fresh. Torre used to destroy players careers.

He has used Thorton way too much against righties this year, but that is not a fire-able offense in my mind.

Definitely better than years past. Yeah Torre worked em like crazy. He does seem to send Betances out every day and he definitely leaves CC in way too long from the day he put on a yanks uniform. I don't know if that is the reason for his problems or if it's the crazy weight he lost but he isn't even close to an ace anymore.

This team stinks.

Definitely better than years past. Yeah Torre worked em like crazy. He does seem to send Betances out every day and he definitely leaves CC in way too long from the day he put on a yanks uniform. I don't know if that is the reason for his problems or if it's the crazy weight he lost but he isn't even close to an ace anymore.
    Yeah, Betances definitely goes back to back often. There are times he hasn't been available. Yeah, CC has a whole lot of innings on his arm. I dont think the weight loss has helped, but he has thrown a lot of innings, not just with the yankees. Thats what aces doe though, right?

CC has more innings on his arm than Halladay.

This team stinks.

Yeah, Betances definitely goes back to back often. There are times he hasn't been available. Yeah, CC has a whole lot of innings on his arm. I dont think the weight loss has helped, but he has thrown a lot of innings, not just with the yankees. Thats what aces doe though, right?

Yeah a lot of innings for CC, but Girardi has left him in to give up 5 or 6 runs when he clearly doesn't have it many times. He isn't an ace anymore, but seems Girardi seems to still trust him to work through it, and he almost never does.
    How long will he leave Tanaka in today?

104 pitches. ERA at 2.02. I really want that to get under 2. Fucking Tanaka is awesome

104 pitches. ERA at 2.02. I really want that to get under 2. Fucking Tanaka is awesome

They were just talking about old school managers like Torre running guys out there all the time. See Cliffy? We should apply for that job and yes, Tanaka is the man. The only real bright spot this far.

They were just talking about old school managers like Torre running guys out there all the time. See Cliffy? We should apply for that job and yes, Tanaka is the man. The only real bright spot this far.
    HAHA, I love when that happens. Whenever I am watching a game and say something right before the announcer, I tell my wife I should have that job.

Definitely the only bright spot. Betances too, he's been awesome.

I don't think I can take them blowing this game.
    I think Jim Johnson was a freshman at my highschool when I was there. Can't believe he has dropped off like this.

I think Jim Johnson was a freshman at my highschool when I was there. Can't believe he has dropped off like this.

Whoa, you're from Endicott?

Maybe...depends on if you're trying to track someone down for child support. If so, no. Lol

Maybe...depends on if you're trying to track someone down for child support. If so, no. Lol
    HA. No. Sounds like you have a few years on me, but Binghamton High School 2002 here.

HA. No. Sounds like you have a few years on me, but Binghamton High School 2002 here.
    I went to Binghamton high my freshman year. 95-96. Lived on Schiller St. West siiiiiiiiiide! Hahaha

I went to Binghamton high my freshman year. 95-96. Lived on Schiller St. West siiiiiiiiiide! Hahaha
    Oh man. Some of my good friends had an apartment on Schiller St when we were in college. Good times.
    Good win today.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

I have a good friend from Binghamton. crazy fucker. last name of bollock..
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I have a good friend from Binghamton. crazy fucker. last name of bollock..

Lots of crazies from that area, myself included. I think it's something in the good old IBM water pollution. Hahaha
    So this reliever the Yanks drafted could be in the big leagues this year. Pretty wild.

They are gonna go crazy with international spending.
    Can't believe I forgot about Solarte as another bright spot.

Can't believe I forgot about Solarte as another bright spot.

Yeah, man. For real. I think he has a role on this team for a few years to come.

Yeah leave Phelps in after walking the first two...good call. Damn it.
    Tanaka tonight! Let's go Yanks!
    This guy is awesome.