The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    Yankees acquire Jeff Francis
    I miss igotid88
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

Man, this is so sad about Tanaka. I vaguely recall reading that pitching routines in Japan are actually tougher than here in US. But I wonder if that big contract and being in NY made him come out and throw just a tiny bit harder, leading to this injury...or maybe it was just destined to happen? Either way, I hope he comes back strong-- he's been fun to watch.

There's a theory the slightly bigger ball in the U.S. can put more strain on the tendons in your arm once you get into pressure type grips.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Man, this is so sad about Tanaka. I vaguely recall reading that pitching routines in Japan are actually tougher than here in US. But I wonder if that big contract and being in NY made him come out and throw just a tiny bit harder, leading to this injury...or maybe it was just destined to happen? Either way, I hope he comes back strong-- he's been fun to watch.

There's a theory the slightly bigger ball in the U.S. can put more strain on the tendons in your arm once you get into pressure type grips.
    That, and who knows how many pitches he threw when he was in high school.

cutz said:

Yeah, but don't they finish high school when they are fifteen over there? haha
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    cutz said:

i saw some stat that said tanaka has thrown the 4th most pitchers (including minors and overseas) ever for someone his age.

i really hope he is never as good as he was for this one half season for you guys. sorry! haha
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited July 2014

cutz said:

i saw some stat that said tanaka has thrown the 4th most pitchers (including minors and overseas) ever for someone his age.

i really hope he is never as good as he was for this one half season for you guys. sorry! haha
    Most pitchers don't lose their stuff after tommy john. It's the lost time that sucks. That said, I think it's a safe bet that he won't be as good as he was in the first half. That would be pretty tough. He had a 1.99 era for a minute

I WANT MY TANAKA BACK
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

ahh interesting. I didnt know.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    So yeah, I fucking love this slurp fest
    Apparently the ump didn't get the memo
    Hahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahaha

He rips a double just as some jack wagon chanting overrated as everyone else is chanting jeter.

God damn that guy has timing
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Caught that awesome. That commercial have Da kid chills
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

He rips a double just as some jack wagon chanting overrated as everyone else is chanting jeter.

Lol I couldn't stop laughing. Classic Jeter.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 said:

Lol I couldn't stop laughing. Classic Jeter.
    He sure has some timing
    My man
    That was awesome.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Jeter gets ALL MY RESPECT he is amongst the best ever in baseball. To come through this steroid/drug induced era spit shining clean is heroic all by itself.

I tip my RED SOX hat with grace to one of the best @ this sport baseball. Oh let me also he was truly g under p.....Grace Under Pressure.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

Jeter gets ALL MY RESPECT he is amongst the best ever in baseball. To come through this steroid/drug induced era spit shining clean is heroic all by itself.

I tip my RED SOX hat with grace to one of the best @ this sport baseball. Oh let me also he was truly g under p.....Grace Under Pressure.

Peace

Word.
    edited July 2014
    What a remarkable career. I hope we can end it proper and make the postseason. Drunk and riding shotgun down Conklin ave Cliffy. Memories.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Maybe Jeter can do it for the Yankees this year :)

What a remarkable career. I hope we can end it proper and make the postseason. Drunk and riding shotgun down Conklin ave Cliffy. Memories.

AHHHHHHH. My man. Conklin Ave. Memories is right.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jeter showing Joe Buck whose clubhouse it was last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPBZIW4_wY
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,218
    a synopsis of all 44 players used by the Yankees this season: http://gothamhub.com/2014/07/2014-new-york-yankees-order-appearance/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Joe Buck is such a terrible "voice of baseball".

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    CC done for the year
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 said:

CC done for the year

would you like cliff lee now?
    www.myspace.com
    Nice sweep

Nice sweep

I remember a couple years ago, K-rod having the same look on his face that Chapman had after that. Wow. Haha
    Pretty awesome article on refsnyder. Really hope he doesn't get traded in desperation before the deadline. Would be an awful decision

http://www.lohud.com/story/sports/mlb/yankees/2014/07/19/minor-league-prospect-rob-refsnyder-yankees-fans-abuzz/12902895/