The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

i_lov_it said:

Read online that they do Yankee Stadium Tours...now that would be Good when I'm over there.

I am sure they do. I did one at the old stadium and it was awesome. Got to go on the field, in the dugout, in the clubhouse and all. Really cool and a lot of history.

The new stadium would be cool to see how nice a lot of the stuff is and get down on the field. Would definitely be cool for someone visiting.
    Great stuff...Yeah that's what I was thinking experience the History and some of the New York culture.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    I'm not an expert. But I guess he can. Imagine if he wins, how many lawsuits from past fans being embarrassed on camera we'll see. It'll most likely get thrown out
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    igotid88 said:

I'm not an expert. But I guess he can. Imagine if he wins, how many lawsuits from past fans being embarrassed on camera we'll see. It'll most likely get thrown out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MgaRS0MIE

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Looking like a good time for a break for tanaka
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

Still better than anything else we have.

Still better than anything else we have.
    Oh no doubt, just a couple iffy starts in a row, always does well on extra rest, hopefully the break, even though he will be at the game, will help
    And Vidal Nuno throw 7 shutout innings in his debut for Arizona
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

And Vidal Nuno throw 7 shutout innings in his debut for Arizona

Maybe he will thrive out there. Some guys just don't do well in NY and have success elsewhere.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    From twitter:

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 2m
    Huge news from colleague @GeorgeAKingIII http://nyp.st/1xTqpQ6 Tanaka to NY for MRI on right arm
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    cutz said:

From twitter:

Huge news from colleague @GeorgeAKingIII http://nyp.st/1xTqpQ6 Tanaka to NY for MRI on right arm

Heard he's done for the season! Wow
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    badbrains said:

cutz said:

From twitter:

WOW is right, though i haven't read that yet.

cutz said:

badbrains said:

cutz said:

From twitter:

Ya craig carton tweeted something to the extent of seeing tanaka in 2015, bad news Yankee fans
    badbrains said:

cutz said:

badbrains said:

cutz said:

From twitter:

Ya craig carton tweeted something to the extent of seeing tanaka in 2015, bad news Yankee fans
    Craig carton, really?
    FUCCcCcCcCccCCCccCcCCcCck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading his elbow passed manual tests and the inflammation is in his forearm, which is apparently a good thing, but I was always under the impression forearm inflammation was a bad thing. We may not know for a few days too. Dr. Amhad is in Seattle for a conference and they want him to see him in person
    I won't completely freak out until I hear Dr. Andrews' name thrown around.
    Now carton is tweeting "tj".......tommy john????
    badbrains said:
    Craig carton knows nothing. He is just stirring shit up like he always does
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Small tear.

No surgery for now
    Less than 10% tear or ucl. 6 week throwing program. If not successful tommy john
    He's ending up with tommy john. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    Seems like we are snake bitten. A guy takes a bp ricochet off his mug and breaks his face? What's next?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Man, this is so sad about Tanaka. I vaguely recall reading that pitching routines in Japan are actually tougher than here in US. But I wonder if that big contract and being in NY made him come out and throw just a tiny bit harder, leading to this injury...or maybe it was just destined to happen? Either way, I hope he comes back strong-- he's been fun to watch.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

I thought they were going to wait to decide on that. Are you just speculating? Or heard something else?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

I thought they were going to wait to decide on that. Are you just speculating? Or heard something else?
    Yeah, they are waiting to see if the injection and rehab works. It may and it definitely makes sense to try, but few pitchers have had this issue and not had surgery at least at some point. Wainwright went 5+ years before surgery. We'll see. Just feel like it is inevitable.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    john, tommy.
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    lot of money owed to mr tanaka.....haha

if the phils were to get involved, please let it be cliff and not cole...and please let ruben consult with gillick first....
    www.myspace.com

lot of money owed to mr tanaka.....haha

if the phils were to get involved, please let it be cliff and not cole...and please let ruben consult with gillick first....

The money doesn't really matter. $25 mil or so is nothing for them but it just sucks they may lose him for a year.

I would hope they don't go for Lee unless they are confident Pineda can come back and give them a full year next year, if the surgery happens.
    The curse of A-Rod
    I miss igotid88