The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Huuuuuuuuuuuuuughes
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    HUUUUUUUUGHES!
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    I would have been fine with a great start and a no decision.
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

Solid win last night. Good way to end the road trip. Hopefully Tex is good for this weekend.

shouldn't he be tush?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So cano is not hitting for any power but for average and getting on base but the mariners are 1 game worse than the yanks at this point
    "THROW THE BALL!" :))

[-X

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Soriano is as lost at the plate as you will ever see a hitter be
    This team blows right now
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Makes me sad that Jeter will go out with this team.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

He is not exactly helping the cause at this point. I am probably one of his biggest supporters but he is a bit of a black hole at the top of the lineup right now.

Lots of baseball left to be played and the AL East stinks. Changes are going to have to be made. I am just about ready to see Soriano go. Wonder how much Beltran is going to play the field when he gets back.

Morales, Utley?

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

[-X

How dumb do you think he felt when he realized he just yelled at the captain like that?
    Aw man, don zimmer died. What an awesome guy

Yeah, real sad for baseball.

Yeah, man. What a part of the Yankees dynasty. A lot of people give him more credit than Torre. One of my old mans favorite baseball people ever.

Yeah, man. What a part of the Yankees dynasty. A lot of people give him more credit than Torre. One of my old mans favorite baseball people ever.
    Been around forever too. I always thought Pedro was a piece of shit after he threw that old man down.
    This team stinks.

He is not exactly helping the cause at this point. I am probably one of his biggest supporters but he is a bit of a black hole at the top of the lineup right now.

Lots of baseball left to be played and the AL East stinks. Changes are going to have to be made. I am just about ready to see Soriano go. Wonder how much Beltran is going to play the field when he gets back.

Morales, Utley?

Oh man, I totally agree. I dont see things getting any better though. Yeah, dump Soriano. I dont know wha tthe hell they were thinking getting him back. You think they have a shot at Utley?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

This team stinks.

Yes they do so far. They have to do something to wake Jeter up. Maybe drop him to 6th or 7th in the order. I hate that our team always signs guys either past their prime or at the end of it. We are too old. We won all those titles with young talent that was farm raised with a few older free agents. Now we just sign every old fart that has had a decent couple seasons. Frustrating.
    Tonight will be one helluva test for Tanaka. The A's are dangerous.
    edited June 2014

This team stinks.

Yes they do so far. They have to do something to wake Jeter up. Maybe drop him to 6th or 7th in the order. I hate that our team always signs guys either past their prime or at the end of it. We are too old. We won all those titles with young talent that was farm raised with a few older free agents. Now we just sign every old fart that has had a decent couple seasons. Frustrating.
    :)) I see Giambi is back (indians). Maybe they'll make him an offer! lol

This team stinks.

:)) I see Giambi is back. Maybe they'll make him an offer! lol
    I liked him a lot. Maybe he could be a player coach and they could sack Girardi too.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    RIP zimmer. one hell of a baseball guy.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    edited June 2014
    talk all the shit you want about giambi, but even when he bats .150, his on base percentage is like .450 :))

his eye at the plate is a gift. dude draws walks like no other. OBP > BA.
    rival. said:

talk all the shit you want about giambi, but even when he bats .150, his on base percentage is like .450 :))

his eye at the plate is a gift. dude draws walks like no other. OBP > BA.

Giambi is the fucking man. Bingo on the OBP.
    edited June 2014

This team stinks.

Is not that Jeter has to wake up, its that Jeter is 39 coming off a full missed season with a busted ankle. Anything the Yanks get from him is just a bonus. Just sucks he is still at the top, like you say.

They are certainly playing like an old team right now. I don't think old is as big of a deal as long as old=good. Right now, that isn't the case. The Yankees have always had fairly old teams.

Everyone's heads will explode when they sign Hanley to a pretty big deal after this season.

Lots of baseball left to be played but don't feel too good right now.

This team stinks.

:)) I see Giambi is back. Maybe they'll make him an offer! lol
    I liked him a lot. Maybe he could be a player coach and they could sack Girardi too.
    What does firing Girardi do for anyone?

Morales, Utley?

Oh man, I totally agree. I dont see things getting any better though. Yeah, dump Soriano. I dont know wha tthe hell they were thinking getting him back. You think they have a shot at Utley?
    Well, the one thing I will say about Soriano is that he kept them in the hunt last year a month longer than they had any business being in it. God awful this year though.

Depends on how much they are willing to give up, but yeah. Not sure how much I would give up, but he would look pretty fucking nice playing 2nd and batting in the middle of the order.
    Dammit Tanaka!

kidding

imalive said:

[-X

How dumb do you think he felt when he realized he just yelled at the captain like that?
    when I hear you guys call him that, I picture a plaque with "The Captain" over his bed :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16