The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

This guy is awesome.

Incredible. I only made it 4 innings last night but wow

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

This guy is awesome.

This guy is awesome.

SO FAR, this signing by the Yankees is one best in years, I wish him well.....this coming from a Red Sox fan.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Alright, so 1 more game of 1 run or less and more than 5 innings, his ERA will be under 2. Get it done!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

Alright, so 1 more game of 1 run or less and more than 5 innings, his ERA will be under 2. Get it done!

Dude he had it last night until Roberts botched a ground ball and the M's score keeper gave the guy a hit, then Cano blasted an opposite field homer in the ninth. Funny that 2 of his measly 3 homers are against the Yanks.

Dude he had it last night until Roberts botched a ground ball and the M's score keeper gave the guy a hit, then Cano blasted an opposite field homer in the ninth. Funny that 2 of his measly 3 homers are against the Yanks.
    Ha, yeah, good point. Friggen Cano.
    Jeter is starting to hit a little bit. Let's get this train rolling! Woooot woooot!

Jeter is starting to hit a little bit. Let's get this train rolling! Woooot woooot!

More than a little bit. Love it
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

like Tim Hudson :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

Yeah, but that's on the junior circuit

imalive said:

Yeah, the pacific coast league doesn't count!

imalive said:

c'mon, cliffy. you're better than that.

I'm sure you know the NL has been called the Senior Circuit since your little league was founded 25 later.

please don't tell me you're a fan of the DH. thank god none of my heroes ever cheapened their careers with that shit (altho Bonds could have, had not the chickenshit owners blackballed him)

X(

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited June 2014
    imalive said:

imalive said:

I'm sure you know the NL has been called the Senior Circuit since your little league was founded 25 later.

please don't tell me you're a fan of the DH. thank god none of my heroes ever cheapened their careers with that shit (altho Bonds could have, had not the chickenshit owners blackballed him)

X(
    Had a feeling that would touch a nerve.

I am aware, but times they are a changin'.

I am fine with the DH. The NL, I believe, is one of the only leagues left in the world, at any level, that has pitchers bat. It's a different game than it used to be. The pitcher striking out on three pitchers or struggling to get down a bunt brings absolutely nothing to the game.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

I am fine with the DH. The NL, I believe, is one of the only leagues left in the world, at any level, that has pitchers bat. It's a different game than it used to be. The pitcher striking out on three pitchers or struggling to get down a bunt brings absolutely nothing to the game.
    you must have missed Madison Bumgarner's GS from earlier in the year. how many have your various DHs hit this year (I probably shouldn't ask a question I don't know the answer to)?

I think the strategy of when to pull the pitcher for a PH brings a lot to the game.....and for that reason (and your huge payroll) I think Joe Torre was over-rated.

my turn to touch a nerve ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

you must have missed Madison Bumgarner's GS from earlier in the year. how many have your various DHs hit this year (I probably shouldn't ask a question I don't know the answer to)?

I think the strategy of when to pull the pitcher for a PH brings a lot to the game.....and for that reason (and your huge payroll) I think Joe Torre was over-rated.

Well the Yankees DH Comment touches a nerve but I do think Torre was slightly overrated. /ducks

See that is where I disagree. The game has changed so much. Pitchers are getting paid $200 mil. Let them throw until they get beat or their arm falls off

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

Well the Yankees DH Comment touches a nerve but I do think Torre was slightly overrated. /ducks

See that is where I disagree. The game has changed so much. Pitchers are getting paid $200 mil. Let them throw until they get beat or their arm falls off

the money is one reason scherzer just got his first CG after nearly 200 starts. it's ridiculous how they baby these dudes when you look at how many innings guys threw in the 60s and 70s

or Old Hoss Radboune's 678 in 1884 :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

the money is one reason scherzer just got his first CG after nearly 200 starts. it's ridiculous how they baby these dudes when you look at how many innings guys threw in the 60s and 70s

Ha, well I don't disagree with that either. What I am saying is that it is such a specialized game now. Let pitchers just do what they are paid to do.

this and the phillies thread are THE places for (mostly) intelligent baseball talk....even if I do occasionally miss DS's anti arod rants. I wish the general baseball thread was a little livelier. there are some intelligent Giants fans on the board but I think they lead busier lives than me :)) the d**ger thread is just about devoid of intelligence....I don't think even norm likes it!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

Ha, well I don't disagree with that either. What I am saying is that it is such a specialized game now. Let pitchers just do what they are paid to do.

I don't particularly care for the DH, but I wish the rule was the same in both leagues one way or the other. Seems dumb to have two sets of rules for the highest level of baseball. As for rooting for the Yanks and the "junior circuit", I am from NY. Are Cliffy and I supposed to root for the Mets? Bahahahaha!
    I am already a Buffalo Bills and Knicks fan. I don't think I could take much more heartache than that!
    Jeter is on fire.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

HAHA>When i looked at Old Hoss Radboune's career stats i ALMOST pissed myself and i was almost in tears from laughing so hard.

Ever see the stats on this pitcher?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/spaldal01.shtml

You do have to think that MLB will go with ONE rule eventually? All of baseball has a DH or NO DH?

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    If they do go with one it will be DH for both leagues. They won't want to risk injuries to their $20 million pitchers.
    I miss igotid88
    cutz said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

X(

HAHA>When i looked at Old Hoss Radboune's career stats i ALMOST pissed myself and i was almost in tears from laughing so hard.

Ever see the stats on this pitcher?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/spaldal01.shtml

You do have to think that MLB will go with ONE rule eventually? All of baseball has a DH or NO DH?

16 losses one season. Must have been an off year...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    ^^^^LOL>But the 54-5 the next season made up for it>LOL

I agree: MLB will go the DH way for both leagues if they decide to go by 1 rule for both leagues.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

Jeter is on fire.

GREAT!!! I want to sell all of my Jeter cards!!!
    ANNNNNNND, his ERA is under 2.

Couple more hits for Jeter
    Yes sir!
    Betances is going 99 to 83. He is fucking awesome.

Tanaka, Betances, Robertson. Yes, fucking, please

Yeah buddy! They need to keep our heads above water until we can get some kind of help in the rotation.

Yeah buddy! They need to keep our heads above water until we can get some kind of help in the rotation.
    Yeah, man. Market is gonna heat up soon and it can't come soon enough. I can't take another nuno start

Yeah, man. Market is gonna heat up soon and it can't come soon enough. I can't take another nuno start
    Nuno is the one I can't stand. Phelps has done ok considering. Joe left him in too long the other day, and the rookie has held his own. Kuroda needs to step up.