The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893

Newch91 said:

imalive said:

Based on this ruling lets say Ortiz fails another test in ST does he get 65(Braun) or closer to Arod 162?

no fan of big sloppy, but I don't think he has ever failed a test.

he also told reporters, "I'll get back to you on that" and, of course, never did.

I think he failed that 2003 test.
    He sure did and here's his quote
    I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses.

I stand corrected. I guess he's having as much luck with that as OJ had in trying to find the real killers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited January 2014
    imalive said:

I stand corrected. I guess he's having as much luck with that as OJ had in trying to find the real killers.

It's really about being likable or not. A-Rod is not likable (unless he's on your team), so nobody cuts him a break. If he had said what Ortiz had said, we would be rehashing that quote every day (plus in NY the papers love to stir trouble). On the other hand, Ortiz is well liked, the Boston media blows all winning Boston teams, so he took a well calculated risk that nobody would ever mention this again. On top of which, as a society we like to tear down our "heros." Isn't it interesting that the 3 guys that have been taken to task the most are Bonds, Clemens and A-Rod. Part of it is their individual personalities. But, part of it is we are all still in High School and we'll take any chance to see the Football Captain torn down from his perch.

Quite frankly, based on his backing A-Rod and his unusual career arc, would anyone really be surprised if he is still using, he's just smarter about it? Quite frankly, I don't care. But, this whole saga is ripe for some social scientist to make gobs of money doing a layman's book on the subject.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Looks like the dodgers are about to lock up kershaw no matter the chatter don't think they're players for tanaka
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Looks like the dodgers are about to lock up kershaw no matter the chatter don't think they're players for tanaka

I think it is pretty clear, but the Yankees aren't making any moves until Tanaka is resolved.

Should find out how much the Yankees are paying Tanaka pretty soon. At least that better be the case.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    so cc lost about 300 pounds?
    www.myspace.com

Looks that way. That picture is pretty wild. I still wonder if the weight loss played a part in his velocity decline, but who knows.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Looks that way. That picture is pretty wild. I still wonder if the weight loss played a part in his velocity decline, but who knows.
    Yikes! Just saw the picture.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Have a bad feeling about Tanaka

imalive said:

It's really about being likable or not. A-Rod is not likable (unless he's on your team), so nobody cuts him a break. If he had said what Ortiz had said, we would be rehashing that quote every day (plus in NY the papers love to stir trouble). On the other hand, Ortiz is well liked, the Boston media blows all winning Boston teams, so he took a well calculated risk that nobody would ever mention this again. On top of which, as a society we like to tear down our "heros." Isn't it interesting that the 3 guys that have been taken to task the most are Bonds, Clemens and A-Rod. Part of it is their individual personalities. But, part of it is we are all still in High School and we'll take any chance to see the Football Captain torn down from his perch.

Quite frankly, based on his backing A-Rod and his unusual career arc, would anyone really be surprised if he is still using, he's just smarter about it? Quite frankly, I don't care. But, this whole saga is ripe for some social scientist to make gobs of money doing a layman's book on the subject.
    totally, agree. Clemens probably could be HOF bound if he hadn't tried so hard to ruin macnamee and "prove" his innocence. Bonds never had a chance no matter what he did. Big Sloppy is as phony as the day is long.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Have a bad feeling about Tanaka

Really I'm not worried at all but at least we should know by tomm.

I am really going to hate your team (more), if you let the d**gers outbid you!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I hope so, man.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

I hope so, man.

Maybe he'll end up with the Cubs?

• Yahtzee!!!! I mean Tanaka!!!
    Boom goes the dynamite. SOOOOOOOOO much money, hahahahha. God bless Hal Steinbrenner
  • Woo hoo

• Boom goes the dynamite. SOOOOOOOOO much money, hahahahha. God bless Hal Steinbrenner

And Fredric Horowitz.

Maybe they do anyway, but this feels so much like the Knicks winning the inaugural NBA lottery that one can't help but think Bud had a meeting with Stern at some point....

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    must be nice ... hahaha

Boom goes the dynamite. SOOOOOOOOO much money, hahahahha. God bless Hal Steinbrenner

And Fredric Horowitz.

Maybe they do anyway, but this feels so much like the Knicks winning the inaugural NBA lottery that one can't help but think Bud had a meeting with Stern at some point....

Yeah, who knows. Then again, Yanks still owe Arod $60 mil so they are really only saving this year and they are clearly going over the $189 plan this year.

Either way, as I said, I felt like this was Hal's first big test and he clearly passed with flying colors.
    Ha, this really is an obscene amount of money. I am not complaining one bit but the Yanks are still the Yanks. Sounds like they were pushed to a 7th year of the past couple days.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    WOOHOO!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • How many chairs did theo break today :))
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Good signing for the Yanks! I like the moves they made this offseason. Should be a very different team this year. Crazy money though!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    jervin007 said:

Good signing for the Yanks! I like the moves they made this offseason. Should be a very different team this year. Crazy money though!

Yeah, man. This is going to be a fun season. Your boys win the series, Yankees go wild. Gonna be fun.
  • Cubs were at 7/150
  • Just looking ahead 2015 rotation/age

CC 35
    Tanaka 26
    Nova 28
    Pineda 26
    Banuelos 24

Average age 27.8
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    How many more years is CC's contract?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • How many more years is CC's contract?