The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• I'm getting a really bad feeling that papelbon will be on this team next year :fp:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I'm getting a really bad feeling that papelbon will be on this team next year :fp:

I don't see it. They are starting to pinch pennies, that money better go to tanaka. That's what I'm telling myself at least
    A lot of pretty reasonable deals for good relievers. Not sure what the yanks deal is
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A lot of pretty reasonable deals for good relievers. Not sure what the yanks deal is
    Forgetting they need pitching.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Unless they plan on grabbing a closer the pens in pretty good shape as it stands right now.

Robertson
    Kelley
    Thornton
    Claiborne
    Warren/Phelps

Betances he does have one option remaining
    Cabral/Huff if they want to go with another lefty
    Jose Ramirez depending if they shift him to the pen
    Montgomery doubtful out of camp but I do expect him to bounce back this year and contribute at some point

You can also figure in a few non roster invites to be in the mix as well.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Fuck A-Rod!
    #FHP
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Unless they plan on grabbing a closer the pens in pretty good shape as it stands right now.

Robertson
    Kelley
    Thornton
    Claiborne
    Warren/Phelps

Betances he does have one option remaining
    Cabral/Huff if they want to go with another lefty
    Jose Ramirez depending if they shift him to the pen
    Montgomery doubtful out of camp but I do expect him to bounce back this year and contribute at some point

You can also figure in a few non roster invites to be in the mix as well.

Yeah, I am not at all comfortable with that pen. Way too many unknowns. I am not one for Soriano or Papelbon type deals, but there isn't much to rely on there.
    Beltran press conference today....only 10 years too late :lol:
    Yanks interested in Balfour. Assuming he is as healthy as he says, get it done.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yanks interested in Balfour. Assuming he is as healthy as he says, get it done.

That would add a little spice to our Home opener :lol:
  • So Tanaka got posted here would be our OD rotation

CC 34
    Tanaka 26
    Kuroda 39
    Nova 27
    Pineda 25

Phelps/Warren/Nuno/Banuelos

Not bad at all 3 guys in their mid 20's with some good depth behind it.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    So Tanaka got posted here would be our OD rotation

CC 34
    Tanaka 26
    Kuroda 39
    Nova 27
    Pineda 25

Phelps/Warren/Nuno/Banuelos

Not bad at all 3 guys in their mid 20's with some good depth behind it.

How much $$$$$$$$$$$ will it take to sign Tanaka?
  • How much $$$$$$$$$$$ will it take to sign Tanaka?

Whatever it takes and it would be a shock if he's not on this team next year.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893

please keep him away from the d**gers. thanks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I feel like this is Hal's first real test. It is essentially Tanaka or Plan $189. Tanaka is the perfect fit for this team. 25 and lots of potential. Players like that don't hit the market anymore.

Get.It.Done
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I feel like this is Hal's first real test. It is essentially Tanaka or Plan $189. Tanaka is the perfect fit for this team. 25 and lots of potential. Players like that don't hit the market anymore.

Get.It.Done

Yep no excuses this has to get done they can do a cap reset next year when we have 50mm coming off the books.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Get.It.Done

Yep no excuses this has to get done they can do a cap reset next year when we have 50mm coming off the books.
    Hal has to channel his father now. George would be all over Tanaka by now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Any of you guys read the Bronx Banter? I have been reading it since the Toaster days (aka a long time). It has become slightly less of a Yankees blog and more of a "culture" blog with a Yankees focus. Anyways, can't believe it has been 5 years since Todd Drew died. Seemed like an incredible guy. Check out his stuff. It all still rings true.

The last thing he wrote

http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/2008/12/ ... ll-and-me/

His Blog

http://yankeesforjustice.blogspot.com/

A decent roundup of some of his stuff. I have been slowly going back and reading a lot of his stuff over the past few days.

http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/2013/12/ ... an-amen-2/

All of his Shadow Games posts from the Banter were awesome.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Well, if the Yanks do sign him, maybe he'll turn out like Kei Igawa?> :lol:

When will the Yankees replenish ther Minor-League system?
    Why is Levine emailing players after the game? I would love to see more of the emails between the two.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Why is Levine emailing players after the game? I would love to see more of the emails between the two.

No idea what he was thinking but I really don't need to see anymore :lol:
    Posnanski on the Jerry Coleman passing

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/rip-jerry-coleman/

My old man was a little young when Coleman played, but was always one of his all time favorites.Glad I got to see him at a couple old timers games. Never really heard him broadcast though, unfortunately
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893

. Never really heard him broadcast though, unfortunately

Pretty entertaining. kinf of uecher-ish. "Oh doctor" was his version of "holy cow"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Now that the hof vote is out of the way good chance the hammer drops on arod tomorrow
  • Yanks just DFA Wells

Yanks just DFA Wells

Word. 'Bout time.

Dodgers saying they won't be out be for Tanaka
  • Yanks just DFA Wells

Word. 'Bout time.

Dodgers saying they won't be out be for Tanaka
    Mixed reports on dodgers but doubtful they pursue him, I'll be shocked if he's not a Yankee in 2 weeks.
    Arod ruling today. "Favorable" for MLB