The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And speaking of the radio team with perfect timing. My god this is outstanding

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/sp ... ldman.html

That was a good one!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Letterman: "Alex Rodriguez, is he ever going to play for the Yankees again?"
    Selig: "Only time will tell. We're in the midst of a very thorough and tough investigation on all of this, because I really believe that it's not only the right thing to do, but we're going to do it. That's all I can tell you."
    Letterman: "Let me ask you this. On his side of things, isn't there a sum of money that's at stake here if he doesn't play again this season?"
    Selig: "That's going to be between him and the New York Yankees. Yes, there is."
    Letterman: "And that sum of money is incalculable?"
    Selig: "No, it's not incalculable."
    Letterman: "It's over $100 million?"
    Selig: "It's over $100 million. It's been calculated by everybody, yes."
    Letterman: "I don't know how this works. The Yankees will figure out something? Is he one that might be suspended?"
    Selig: "I'd rather not say."
    Letterman: "Because you know, don't you?"
    Selig: "I do, I do. The answer is I do."
    Letterman: "How many players will be affected by the suspensions? We believe after the All-Star Game there will be a reckoning. Am I right about that?"
    Selig: "At some point in the future."
    Letterman: "And how many are we talking about?"
    Selig: "We don't know yet. We don't know yet. We don't know."

So lets say Arod gets 150 games, you have to think he would appeal which could drag this into the offseason which would be the best case scenario with his contract. I wonder if his contract will apply against the cap if he's suspended?

2014 28mm plus 6 million bonus if he ties Mays (13 away)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Letterman: "Alex Rodriguez, is he ever going to play for the Yankees again?"
    Selig: "Only time will tell. We're in the midst of a very thorough and tough investigation on all of this, because I really believe that it's not only the right thing to do, but we're going to do it. That's all I can tell you."
    Letterman: "Let me ask you this. On his side of things, isn't there a sum of money that's at stake here if he doesn't play again this season?"
    Selig: "That's going to be between him and the New York Yankees. Yes, there is."
    Letterman: "And that sum of money is incalculable?"
    Selig: "No, it's not incalculable."
    Letterman: "It's over $100 million?"
    Selig: "It's over $100 million. It's been calculated by everybody, yes."
    Letterman: "I don't know how this works. The Yankees will figure out something? Is he one that might be suspended?"
    Selig: "I'd rather not say."
    Letterman: "Because you know, don't you?"
    Selig: "I do, I do. The answer is I do."
    Letterman: "How many players will be affected by the suspensions? We believe after the All-Star Game there will be a reckoning. Am I right about that?"
    Selig: "At some point in the future."
    Letterman: "And how many are we talking about?"
    Selig: "We don't know yet. We don't know yet. We don't know."

So lets say Arod gets 150 games, you have to think he would appeal which could drag this into the offseason which would be the best case scenario with his contract. I wonder if his contract will apply against the cap if he's suspended?

2014 28mm plus 6 million bonus if he ties Mays (13 away)

This is some real balls of Selig to talk like this. Clearly violates the agreement. They way they have handled this is terrible.

My understanding is that 150 games would be a settlement for not appealing. If he were to not agree to that they could go after him for a lifetime ban if they can make the case that he has over 3 offenses, which I believe they can from what I have read. It seems like he wouldn't want to risk $100 million + on an arbitrator. You are suspended without pay, so no, that money does not go against the luxury tax. Yankees would LOVE a lifetime ban, I am sure.

2 years away from the game would be really tough for him to come back from.
    Ok thanks that's what I figured, you're right about selig but Arod deserves whatever's coming to him. So you figure if Arod gets the 150 just doing the math, yanks are at 95 games lets say 5 more before he has to he recalled. He would miss the final 62 plus plus 88 next year which would leave him at 74 games for 2014. So were looking at 12.7 mm plus 6 more if he ties mays which would be doubtful after a year and a half away. The yanks would be around 90mm headed into next season and that includes our arb eligible contracts.
    Ok thanks that's what I figured, you're right about selig but Arod deserves whatever's coming to him. So you figure if Arod gets the 150 just doing the math, yanks are at 95 games lets say 5 more before he has to he recalled. He would miss the final 62 plus plus 88 next year which would leave him at 74 games for 2014. So were looking at 12.7 mm plus 6 more if he ties mays which would be doubtful after a year and a half away. The yanks would be around 90mm headed into next season and that includes our arb eligible contracts.

I bet the suspensions won't be as early as a lot of people are expecting. With a hammer like this that is about to be dropped, they have to be really buttoned up. There are going to be a lot of serious appeals. I am skeptical that we see him play next year if he gets 150 games. He will be taking BP regularly, I am sure, but pretty much 2 years off at that age when he was already struggling, who knows.

Say he serves 50 games this year which I think is the most he would, they are looking at less than 33% of his money next year and I don't see a way he hits 13 home runs. This is pretty big for the Yankees $189 plan, I would think.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Not defending A-Rod, he's a fuckin Tool, fuck him, he ain't losing no sleep over any of this.

But Fuckin Selig acting like some White Knight whose gona clean up the game, now that's a bad joke. He Knew, The Owners knew, they all turned a blind eye in the 90's and early 2000's, I'd like like to see Him in front of Congress.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Wow, that is some ugly shit. Back to kissing mirrors Arod. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Not defending A-Rod, he's a fuckin Tool, fuck him, he ain't losing no sleep over any of this.

But Fuckin Selig acting like some White Knight whose gona clean up the game, now that's a bad joke. He Knew, The Owners knew, they all turned a blind eye in the 90's and early 2000's, I'd like like to see Him in front of Congress.

Word
    And just like that Michael Weiner is talking as we speak. Said the players involved are not bound by the agreement because it is a non analytical positive. Said the suspensions are up for discussion and the appeals could start as early as September, which means anyone who appeals like won't serve till next year. That really sucks for Nelson Cruz.

Also, dude is in a wheelchair. He's going to have to step aside soon. Fucking cancer
    That would be awesome if its next year, Yankee payroll would be around 75mm including our arb guys. Not a lot of great free agents but with that type of flexibility we could take on contracts.
    Hahhahaha. It's comical at this point right. Only this years Yankees
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Why is he still in there? :fp:

Great he just left :fp:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He's out now. What the fuckity fuck
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    "too much knee."
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He's out now. What the fuckity fuck

Fuck Harvey
    "too much knee."

96 too. I'd still be on the ground crying
    Fuck Harvey

Yeah, man.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck Harvey

Yeah, man.

So pissed right now :x
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck Harvey

Yeah, man.

So pissed right now :x

I can't do anything but shake my head at this point
    Hopefully it's just a precautionary move if not there will be a big time sale in the bronx this deadline because we're done.
    Hopefully it's just a precautionary move if not there will be a big time sale in the bronx this deadline because we're done.

Rosenthal is saying more quad than knee and he'll be fine. Better be
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Rosenthal is saying more quad than knee and he'll be fine. Better be

Hope so
    Side note, this show in Canada looks absolutely nuts
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    At this point, I'm not shocked with the way this season is going.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Agreed
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    X-rays negative
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ya loving the setlist
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Yankees looking to acquire Alfonso Soriano. :fp:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/new- ... ano-072313
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

I hate to say it but I would rather be sellers at this point however I have zero confidence in cashmans ability to judge talent so fuck it bring back sori can't be any worse than what we are putting out there.

I hate to say it but I would rather be sellers at this point however I have zero confidence in cashmans ability to judge talent so fuck it bring back sori can't be any worse than what we are putting out there.

Yeah, he does nothing for this team, and if he doesn't count towards next year based on what Chicago is paying, whatever. He is better than what they have probably, but he isn't good.

I don't think you can let Cashman be the seller though, as crazy as that may sound.