The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    igotid88 wrote:
    Jeter cleared to play rehab games. Will play 5 innings for Scranton at SS.

Sweet
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    Some start by Nova
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Weird stuff. I'll take I though
    Brett Gardner CF
    Zoilo Almonte LF
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Travis Hafner DH
    Vernon Wells RF
    Travis Ishikawa 1B
    Luis Cruz SS
    Alberto Gonzalez 3B
    Austin Romine C

RHP Phil Hughes

Whose on first? :lol:
    What a bizarre season so far. Don't want to see them trade the farm but I wouldn't mind a couple bats at the deadline.

That said, I am very very very much looking forward to watching derek jeter play baseball again
    Not sure Hughes makes another start for this team. A shame. A change will be good for him
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Lyle!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not sure Hughes makes another start for this team. A shame. A change will be good for him

Rather wait until the deadline, Pinedas got to stay down for 20 days anyway to get the extra year. His road splits are pretty darn good, he can definitely make a difference for a NL contender.I want a top 3 prospect from whatever team we ship him too.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Rather wait until the deadline, Pinedas got to stay down for 20 days anyway to get the extra year. His road splits are pretty darn good, he can definitely make a difference for a NL contender.I want a top 3 prospect from whatever team we ship him too.

I agree that Hughes is going to be good somewhere else and I'm upset about that. But he needs it. Yeah but once phelps is good he could spot right in and give you something similar. They are going to have 7 for 5 spots once everyone is healthy.

I think they'll get a decent return on Hughes, can't imagine what they get for Joba will be worth it. Might as well keep another arm in the pen
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I agree that Hughes is going to be good somewhere else and I'm upset about that. But he needs it. Yeah but once phelps is good he could spot right in and give you something similar. They are going to have 7 for 5 spots once everyone is healthy.

I think they'll get a decent return on Hughes, can't imagine what they get for Joba will be worth it. Might as well keep another arm in the pen

Yeah wouldn't dump joba just to dump him, have to figure Hughes goes for prospects they'll move other pieces to get a bat or two.
    Agreed, man, those two has some hype

Between them and brackman, ouch
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He has been pitching well his last 3 starts and really hasn't been bad most of the season. With more run support he could have 9 or 10 wins by now.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He has been pitching well his last 3 starts and really hasn't been bad most of the season. With more run support he could have 9 or 10 wins by now.

Agreed, but that's gotta be why they trade him soon, right? That's your boy, I like him too and wish him the best but he's good as gone, right?
    Daily news is saying DJ is back today :D
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Daily news is saying DJ is back today :D
    :shock: :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    What's it gonna take for the Yankees to make a run? Can this season be salvaged?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    What's it gonna take for the Yankees to make a run? Can this season be salvaged?

Hell yeah we're only 5 games back of first in the loss column with 71 to go.

I know, it looks like more than half the team is hitting between .215 and .235

Cano looks like he's picking it up, but will Jeter coming back be enough, and will he be effective?
    Seems like they need something else for sure..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    we need to make a trade for Manny Machado 8-)

Cano looks like he's picking it up, but will Jeter coming back be enough, and will he be effective?

DJ and Grandy should give us a nice boost but we def need a bat or two. I like to see the yanks send down Romine and promote Murphy he can't do any worse at the plate. We have the pitching to compete and I think once we trade hughes and promote Pineda the staff will get even better especially if Nova keeps it up.

DJ and Grandy should give us a nice boost but we def need a bat or two. I like to see the yanks send down Romine and promote Murphy he can't do any worse at the plate. We have the pitching to compete and I think once we trade hughes and promote Pineda the staff will get even better especially if Nova keeps it up.

Yeah, I guess we'll see some changes soon. And yes, thankfully the pitching has been good.
    If the pitching was bad and we were 500 or under I would say full on dump mode starting with Cano but our staff is as good as any in baseball so hopefully we can get the bats going in the second half and make a run.
    If the pitching was bad and we were 500 or under I would say full on dump mode starting with Cano but our staff is as good as any in baseball so hopefully we can get the bats going in the second half and make a run.

True, but dump Cano? :shock:

Absolutely he hasn't resigned yet so why risk losing him for only a number 1 pick. Thankfully were still in the hunt but if we weren't think of the haul we could get for him.

Absolutely he hasn't resigned yet so why risk losing him for only a number 1 pick. Thankfully were still in the hunt but if we weren't think of the haul we could get for him.

Yeah, that makes sense. But I just can't remember a time when the Yankees let a big name like Cano walk away.
    Ichiro Suzuki CF
    Derek Jeter DH :D
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Vernon Wells RF
    Lyle Overbay 1B
    Zoilo Almonte LF
    Eduardo Nunez SS
    Luis Cruz 3B
    Austin Romine C

LHP Andy Pettitte
    Nice comeback win today for the captain. Just wondering what the mariners were thinking cutting Kelley, guys put up a sub 2 era with 35ks in 23 innings since April. Their bullpen sucks ass why would they DFA someone like this?
    Jeter pulled with tight quad

Always something this season.

Derek Jeter felt tightness in his right quad today. That is why he was pulled from the game. Jeter will go for tests but told Girardi that he thinks he will be able to play tomorrow.

:fp:
    Listened to the game on the beach today while fishing and drinking. Life does not suck. I do fucking despise sterling and waldman. They are fucking worthless and cannot get anything correct. It's a shame this organization has such a fucking joke of a radio broadcast.

Sounds like they think jeter is fine. Sure it's just tight from coming back so quickly and being almost 40
    And speaking of the radio team with perfect timing. My god this is outstanding

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/sp ... ldman.html