The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Boston got off to a beast of. A start and this rat pack is in first. How?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Boston got off to a beast of. A start and this rat pack is in first. How?

Lyle Fucking Overbay!!! :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Just saw they put a chalk outline in the outfield for Mariano. Hilarious.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,220
    Seems like the Yanks got the right scrap heap guys compared to the Mets:

http://gothamhub.com/2013/05/the-right- ... -new-york/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Home Sick today, Oh look a Doubleheader :D
    Let's play two...very shorthanded.

But man, first place is awesome.

Granderson back tomorrow. Get gone, Francisco.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Have to laugh at the All-Star promotion on the Yankees website... only one deserves any votes, Cano. Rivera deserves a coaches selection for the closer role and not because he is retiring, he is earning it.

With that said you have to give Cashman credit this year for putting this 1st place hodge-podge roster together. Everyone always says the Yankees should win because they spend the most... well a lot teams that are catching up to the Yanks payroll aren't winning and don't have the injuries the Yanks have. So it's not just opening the checkbook, it actually takes some talent evaluation and some luck as well...
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    Have to laugh at the All-Star promotion on the Yankees website... only one deserves any votes, Cano. Rivera deserves a coaches selection for the closer role and not because he is retiring, he is earning it.

With that said you have to give Cashman credit this year for putting this 1st place hodge-podge roster together. Everyone always says the Yankees should win because they spend the most... well a lot teams that are catching up to the Yanks payroll aren't winning and don't have the injuries the Yanks have. So it's not just opening the checkbook, it actually takes some talent evaluation and some luck as well...

Word. Everyone had a chance to get these scrap heap players, Yankees seemed to get the right ones. Even if they don't keep it up, they have gotten all they needed to get out of a lot of them with people hopefully beginning to come back soon.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Word. Everyone had a chance to get these scrap heap players, Yankees seemed to get the right ones. Even if they don't keep it up, they have gotten all they needed to get out of a lot of them with people hopefully beginning to come back soon.

I almost wish only Jeter would come back.. I like how they're pulling shit off. I dont know how long it could last, but thats what makes me want to see! :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,220

It's probably a lot more amusing on teams that are 14-20.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Granderson is back tomorrow for sure. Unfortunately, it does not seem result in the release of Francisco, yet.
    Nuno doing all the can so far. A split here would be big in a really difficult situation for the team.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nuno doing all the can so far. A split here would be big in a really difficult situation for the team.

i think the yanks come back and win this 2nd game
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i think the yanks come back and win this 2nd game

Could use another run or two.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    man, Gardner K's quite a bit, no?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    CC vs King Felix tonight :corn:

BTW Just checked out the mariners stats and whats going on with Montero, he sucks :lol:
    CC vs King Felix tonight :corn:

BTW Just checked out the mariners stats and whats going on with Montero, he sucks :lol:

It is insane how bad he has been. Legitimately one of the worst hitters in baseball over the past two years and that is all he can do. I want to see him do well, but that trade has not worked out for either team a little bit so far. 3 more years of control for Montero, I think. He's gotta figure something out really quickly.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?pl ... ition=C/DH

Ouch. I do really want to see both he and Pineda do well.
    This stat puts the Yankees almost 20 year run in perspective. Over the past 17 years, the Yankees have averaged 97 wins. That is fucking nuts.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This stat puts the Yankees almost 20 year run in perspective. Over the past 17 years, the Yankees have averaged 97 wins. That is fucking nuts.

thats just not fair.
    its crazy how extremes draw fans in baseball, both great (yanks) and putrid (cubs) have the biggest following
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

thats just not fair.
    its crazy how extremes draw fans in baseball, both great (yanks) and putrid (cubs) have the biggest following

Yeah, I mean, I knew they were great and have enjoyed it, but that is absolutely insane.

Ha, yeah. Imagine if/when the Cubs get good and win?
    Hafner is hurt :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whats that our 12th Guy that will be on the DL?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Something crazy like that. Granderson back and batting cleanup tonight though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Something crazy like that. Granderson back and batting cleanup tonight though.

That's Good, although i liked Gardner in Center.

First time he strikes out Pistacho's gona be in here pissing all over the guy. :lol:

That's Good, although i liked Gardner in Center.

First time he strikes out Pistacho's gona be in here pissing all over the guy. :lol:

Looks like Gardner is staying in center. Hopefully they start to sit Ichiro and go Wells, Gardner, Granderson. Definitely their best outfield as of now. Maybe platoon, Wells and Ichiro but Ichiro has been brutal.

:lol:
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Saw this on lohud yankees blog under the comments :lol:
    “Girardi wouldn’t comment on talk that third baseman David Adams will be called up from Triple-A tomorrow when he’s eligible (after being released at the end of spring training).”

That’s because he hasn’t decided on Davey or Adamsy yet.
    Saw this on lohud yankees blog under the comments :lol:
    “Girardi wouldn’t comment on talk that third baseman David Adams will be called up from Triple-A tomorrow when he’s eligible (after being released at the end of spring training).”

That’s because he hasn’t decided on Davey or Adamsy yet.

:lol::lol:

I lost interest in the LoHud comments a long time ago, but that is great.
    Phenomenal fucking win. That's the recipe for that 97 win average over the past 17 years even if we don't know these players. Hang in their, work the pitcher, get him out early, in Felix's case by the 7, beat the bullpen and hand the ball to mo. The New York motherfucking Yankees, ladies and gentlemen.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    I wouldn't say Ichiro's been brutal. But he will most likely lose playing time. Unless Wells declines again.
    I miss igotid88