The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Welcome back to the Yankees Granderson. Now stop trying to fucking pull everything!! :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    Welcome back to the Yankees Granderson. Now stop trying to fucking pull everything!! :lol:

Angels now have an extra outfielder. One may be even more pull happy.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Angels now have an extra outfielder. One may be even more pull happy.

They may be wise to hold onto all of the extra pieces they have.
    Ichiro for two years at 13 million. Reasonable I guess if he plays like 2nd half Ichiro.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Ichiro for two years at 13 million. Reasonable I guess if he plays like 2nd half Ichiro.

Meh I wouldn't have gone the extra year
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm pretty neutral on it. Hopefully it ends up being a good investment.

I'm a little nervous, actually a lot nervous, with the lineup.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm pretty neutral on it. Hopefully it ends up being a good investment.

I'm a little nervous, actually a lot nervous, with the lineup.

2013 team photo

07D621C6-65E4-45B7-91BD-9823F9A0B99C-19578-000009DE92DE0BEF.jpg

2013 team photo

07D621C6-65E4-45B7-91BD-9823F9A0B99C-19578-000009DE92DE0BEF.jpg

:lol:
    Michael Bourn's name seems to be getting thrown around a lot today which I don't really understand. :?
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Michael Bourn's name seems to be getting thrown around a lot today which I don't really understand. :?

Pass we already got a guy like that.
  • I hope this is just speculation by some writers no idea what the Yankees are thinking if this is even remotely true. I don't even care if Anaheim paid his entire salary I want no part of this guy.

http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/12/16/ ... ade-rumors
    I hope this is just speculation by some writers no idea what the Yankees are thinking if this is even remotely true. I don't even care if Anaheim paid his entire salary I want no part of this guy.

http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/12/16/ ... ade-rumors

For free I'd take him. :lol:
    There are no words to describe what an absolutely horrific move Vernon wells would be for 2 years. He may be the worst player in baseball, literally
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    There are no words to describe what an absolutely horrific move Vernon wells would be for 2 years. He may be the worst player in baseball, literally

wells, ichiro, and youk!! makes me feel a lot better about the phils brutal offseason
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

wells, ichiro, and youk!! makes me feel a lot better about the phils brutal offseason

I think the phillies are also in on wells :D
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think the phillies are also in on wells :D

haven't seen that, but it's certainly not surprising. amaro has no idea what he's doing
  • The Fixer wrote:
    haven't seen that, but it's certainly not surprising. amaro has no idea what he's doing

Good luck, hope you get him :lol:
  • Looking like that jackass swisher is headed to the Indians. I think that's a really good fit for him as he won't have to worry about the postseason anymore. :lol:
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I may have to defect and become a Mets fan. :shifty:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I may have to defect and become a Mets fan. :shifty:

and trade away cy-young winning pitchers on a semi-regular basis :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Please please please pick up Vernon Wells. We need more overage unproductive players. :lol:

I wonder if Dave Winfield has any gas in the tank left.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Please please please pick up Vernon Wells. We need more overage unproductive players. :lol:

Fuck that guy, Ethier is supposedly on the block c'mon cash do something already. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

Fuck that guy, Ethier is supposedly on the block c'mon cash do something already. :fp:

Ethier has 5/85 left...that is insane.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... arterback/

That made me laugh. McCarthy is hilarious.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Would have been awesome if he tweeted something about swisher getting the feel for september baseball crowds in cleveland

still funny
  • As for whether he thought he'd get booed at Fenway while with the Yankees, Youkilis was philosophical

“In this day and age we’re living right now, with all the things around this world, we’re booing and getting so worked up about sports. … Why is it so crazy in sports? This tragedy happens, we have all of this craziness. People are going berserk over a sporting event. It’s wild. It’s wild to me how people can react and act with so much hate in sports. It’s supposed to be a release from your everyday life.

"There’s a lot of problems in our society today. I feel like there’s a lot of hatred and a lot of bad things. It’s the way we treat people from the early going as kids, but the kids only learn from adults. The adults are the ones that teach these kids hate. That’s why I say, at these Yankees games, Red Sox, there’s hate — there’s so much hate. We need to adjust the society and just love each other a little bit more each day. I don’t know if that will change the outcomes in life, but I think it will help."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... ity=boston
    As for whether he thought he'd get booed at Fenway while with the Yankees, Youkilis was philosophical

“In this day and age we’re living right now, with all the things around this world, we’re booing and getting so worked up about sports. … Why is it so crazy in sports? This tragedy happens, we have all of this craziness. People are going berserk over a sporting event. It’s wild. It’s wild to me how people can react and act with so much hate in sports. It’s supposed to be a release from your everyday life.

"There’s a lot of problems in our society today. I feel like there’s a lot of hatred and a lot of bad things. It’s the way we treat people from the early going as kids, but the kids only learn from adults. The adults are the ones that teach these kids hate. That’s why I say, at these Yankees games, Red Sox, there’s hate — there’s so much hate. We need to adjust the society and just love each other a little bit more each day. I don’t know if that will change the outcomes in life, but I think it will help."

He'll still get booed. :lol:

And Youk stop with the BS. If rivalry didn't exist in sports you wouldn't be paid 12 million dollars in reward of your stellar .235 batting average last year. :lol:
  • As for whether he thought he'd get booed at Fenway while with the Yankees, Youkilis was philosophical

He's not wrong.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    As for whether he thought he'd get booed at Fenway while with the Yankees, Youkilis was philosophical

"You know how to cut to the core of me Youk. You're so wise. You're like a pear shaped Buddha, with no hair and a stupid goatee."