The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Dammit Rob, you stole my pic. I've been posting that one in here for years.
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

sure you will....after his first HR, you'll go buy a youk bobblehead ;)

Are they on sale yet? :lol:

youkilis.jpg

Haven't been on the board much but saw this flash on Yahoo and had come on in.

Hi Cliffy! Signed just in time so I could order your Yankees Youkilis jersey for Christmas!!! Watch your mailbox.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tumblr_md9dtwgnfc1qzs4qs_zpsa5f35fb6.gif
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 2C64DE80-7D85-49F8-A32F-139F891E2144-13506-00000733A14F49B5.jpg

:fp:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i know we needed someone....but this asshole?

we need an overhaul.....big time

why not keep chavez over this bum

guys..we must face facts...OLD OLD OLD
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • i know we needed someone....but this asshole?

Unfortunately our top position guys see below are 2-3 years away, going one year deals is the way to go unless we decide to make a big move like Hamilton.

Gary Sanchez
    Mason Williams
    Slade Heathcock
    Tyler Austin
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i know we needed someone....but this asshole?

Unfortunately our top position guys see below are 2-3 years away, going one year deals is the way to go unless we decide to make a big move like Hamilton.

Gary Sanchez
    Mason Williams
    Slade Heathcock
    Tyler Austin

i don't see # 28 for awhile :fp:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    sure you will....after his first HR, you'll go buy a youk bobblehead ;)[/quote]

Are they on sale yet? :lol:[/quote]

youkilis.jpg[/quote]

Hi Cliffy! Signed just in time so I could order your Yankees Youkilis jersey for Christmas!!! Watch your mailbox.[/quote]

would've been nice if he had his 2004 WS ring on his midle finger> :lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Youk is an upgrade at the 3B/DH spot. Let's face the facts. And 12 million for one year...in the grand scheme of the team who cares? Could have been 50 million. Doesn't matter. I hope the team can find a few more pieces to help this aging team reach the series one last time.
  • cutz wrote:
    sure you will....after his first HR, you'll go buy a youk bobblehead ;)

Are they on sale yet? :lol:[/quote]

youkilis.jpg[/quote]

Hi Cliffy! Signed just in time so I could order your Yankees Youkilis jersey for Christmas!!! Watch your mailbox.[/quote]

would've been nice if he had his 2004 WS ring on his midle finger> :lol:[/quote]

What did he have like 2 abs in the division series that year :lol:
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762

What did he have like 2 abs in the division series that year :lol:[/quote]

:lol: >

But still, he got a ring> :lol:

What i want to know is: where will Youk play when A-Rod comes back? DH?

Trade-bait?
    cutz wrote:

What did he have like 2 abs in the division series that year :lol:

:lol: >

But still, he got a ring> :lol:

What i want to know is: where will Youk play when A-Rod comes back? DH?

Trade-bait?[/quote]

AROD isn't coming back this year. That's why I believe the team paid him this money. He'll be the 3B all season long.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    Or they could use him as trade bait
    I miss igotid88
  • i know we needed someone....but this asshole?

from my reading Chavez wanted to spend more time near his family in Arizona, hard to fault a guy for that. Personally I don't have a problem with it, this is the business side of this stuff and it happens all the time. Players fraternize so much nowadays so the rivalry really isn't a big deal for them, only for message boards and the media.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    well ... if you're not going to renew ... you can say that was the reason to the sales team ... :lol::lol:

looks like ichiro is back ...
    I wonder what the reaction in Boston is going to be when Youk goes back as a Yankee. :lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I wonder what the reaction in Boston is going to be when Youk goes back as a Yankee. :lol:

87F3F640-6E70-40C4-A032-6FDF9FB3C4D8-13506-00000770E47C702A.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

87F3F640-6E70-40C4-A032-6FDF9FB3C4D8-13506-00000770E47C702A.jpg

:lol::lol:
    Possibly 2 years for Ichiro.....not a fan.
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hi Cliffy! Signed just in time so I could order your Yankees Youkilis jersey for Christmas!!! Watch your mailbox.

I really hope no self respecting yankees fan buys one of those. Hope he does well for the Yankees, sure, BUT DON'T BUY THE DAMN JERSEY
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I guess if the price is right. I mean he doesn't seem like an injury risk...I don't know. This team is just in such weird circumstances right now. If contracts weren't an issue it's almost a team that needs to be blown up to be frank.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I guess if the price is right. I mean he doesn't seem like an injury risk...I don't know. This team is just in such weird circumstances right now. If contracts weren't an issue it's almost a team that needs to be blown up to be frank.

Yeah, but I mean, we can all speculate that he will be Ichiro of the end of last year all and not the previous year and a half all we want, but 2 years is a lot to give a guy for a few really good weeks. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan and want him back, but don't think 2 years is a good idea at all.

They are in a weird spot. Obviously they are looking at $189 and hoping to get there, also the free agents just aren't all that good so while I am getting frustrated with them, there isn't all that much out there for them to do. They are going to be a team in transistion for a year or two as the core starts to retire and the kids get ready. I do think it is going to be quite a different team in a year or two though. I mean, I guess it seems like they are blowing it up or preparing to with all the 1 year contracts.

They entire outfield is in question past this year pretty much. God bless Jeter but he is pushing 40 with a broken leg, 3rd base is a huge question past this year, Cano is asking for a massive contract, Tex is around for 3 more and there is nothing at catcher (AT ALL) right now.

As for the pitching, they obviously have their ace. Beyond that, see what Pineda has and if he can contribute, still have a few years of really cheap production out of him if he can recover. Beyond that there are questions. Hughes is up after this year, who knows what Nova is, so hopefully they have a 1-2 foundation and can go from there.

That said, the core of kids are a couple years away, but some are very promising

Culver is never going to hit enough to play shortstop for the Yankees, Bichette took a step back but could be a third baseman, Sanchez is Sanchez and will be the catcher in 2014 or 15 and the Yankees will definitely get big league production out of at least 1 or 2 of the outfielders.

The minor league pitching is all question marks at this point.

I think this year they see what they have and plan for the future. I know Cano is going to be insanely expensive, but I just don't see anyway they can replace his bat. Like I said a few days ago, they are already out 50 or so home runs this year, losing Granderson and Cano after this year adds another 70 to that and the free agents don't get all that much better, at all.

Going to be really interesting, to say the least.
    Bring back Posada!!!! :mrgreen:
    At least he'll be doing a lot of this this year.

27e6996592_youk1_11142007.jpg
  • DS1119 wrote:

Speaking of I wonder what number the Yankees will give this douchebag?
    DS1119 wrote:

It won't be 20. :lol:
  • :| :problem:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It won't be 20. :lol:

I'm guessing 17

I'm guessing 17

Give him 19 in honor of Aaron Boone...just for the Red Sox fans. :mrgreen: