The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    Where there's smoke there's fire maybe?

"The talk of the Yankees swinging a trade for Giancarlo Stanton was inevitable, but it's not likely for a number of reasons, writes Chad Jennings of The Journal News. For starters, the Marlins' willingness to talk doesn't signal that they're looking to give Stanton away for chump change. The Yankees also might not be able to afford the kind of prospect dump that such a deal would require".

I am praying they keep him until at least mid season so the Yankees prospects can develop a bit. No shot they are taking a bunch of A Ball prospects for him. Going to need guys close to the big leagues and the Yankees don't have many of them at the moment. Yankees just don't have what it takes to get it done right now but might in 8 months or so.
  • This is the marlins projected rotation :lol:

Ricky Nolasco
    Henderson Alvarez
    Wade LeBlanc
    Nathan Wovaldi
    Jacob Turner

Now we know those cheap fuckers want to dump Nolasco and the Yankees have more than enough upper level arms to get this deal done. We can give them 3 major league ready arms that would all have a legitimate shot at making that shit ass staff, toss in Gardner and our number one prospect and make it happen.

Nova
    Phelps
    Warren
    Brett Gardner
    Mason Williams
    This is the marlins projected rotation :lol:

Ricky Nolasco
    Henderson Alvarez
    Wade LeBlanc
    Nathan Wovaldi
    Jacob Turner

Now we know those cheap fuckers want to dump Nolasco and the Yankees have more than enough upper level arms to get this deal done. We can give them 3 major league ready arms that would all have a legitimate shot at making that shit ass staff, toss in Gardner and our number one prospect and make it happen.

Nova
    Phelps
    Warren
    Brett Gardner
    Mason Williams

Dude, that would never get it done, ever. Just because they have a chance to make a shitty staff doesn't mean they get one of the most promising players in the game in a trade. I can't see how any trade doesn't start with Austin, Sanchez and Campos along with Nova and more, and that is after a good first half from Austin and Sanchez and Campos coming back healthy.

The Rangers have a whole lot more to offer than the Yankees do and that's just one team that you know would be interested. Profar/Olt>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything the Yankees can offer
    I'll gladly settle for Upton though. :lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ricky Nolasco
    Henderson Alvarez
    Wade LeBlanc
    Nathan Wovaldi
    Jacob Turner

Nova
    Phelps
    Warren
    Brett Gardner
    Mason Williams

Dude, that would never get it done, ever. Just because they have a chance to make a shitty staff doesn't mean they get one of the most promising players in the game in a trade. I can't see how any trade doesn't start with Austin, Sanchez and Campos along with Nova and more, and that is after a good first half from Austin and Sanchez and Campos coming back healthy.

The Rangers have a whole lot more to offer than the Yankees do and that's just one team that you know would be interested. Profar/Olt>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything the Yankees can offer

Meh Olt is a bit overrated wouldn't you say, outside of his late season call up where he was overmatched the dude hasn't even played in aaa yet and he's going to be 25 next year. I would add a few low level prospects to this deal and put it up against anyone else's offer.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ricky Nolasco
    Henderson Alvarez
    Wade LeBlanc
    Nathan Wovaldi
    Jacob Turner

Nova
    Phelps
    Warren
    Brett Gardner
    Mason Williams

Meh Olt is a bit overrated wouldn't you say, outside of his late season call up where he was overmatched the dude hasn't even played in aaa yet and he's going to be 25 next year. I would add a few low level prospects to this deal and put it up against anyone else's offer.

But Olt put up pretty moster numbers in Double A when none of the Yankees top prospects have spent any time in Double A. Aside from the prospect in Williams, the rest aside from Gardner (and even he is vastly overrated by Yankees fans) are fringe big leaguers. Why would they trade for fringe players and low level prospects? Basically an slighly above average big leaguer in Gardner, a decent prospect who had an injury and some fringe guys for one of the best young players in the game? I can't see it

I'll say, Olt has a lot better chance to be big a big bat than any of the rest do at being above average big leaguers and that is what you have to get when you strade someone like Stanton. Profar is going to be good too and they have Perez

I do think if Sanchez gets to Trenton early and does well, and Campos comes back healthy, then those two along with maybe someone like Robertson, who is a cheap good big leaguer can start to get it done. I don't see any reason they would want someone like Nova though at this point. I just think the way the Yankees sit right now with injuries and all, they don't have what it takes without absoultely clearing it out. The Banuelos injury really hurt

Edit: Upton is another story though. The pacakge would hurt, but I think they could pull it off if they wanted. And with a lot of picks this year, it could hurt a little less.
  • I'd pass on Upton don't think he would work out playing in New York, maybe the JV team in queens but not in the Bronx
    I'd pass on Upton don't think he would work out playing in New York, maybe the JV team in queens but not in the Bronx

I like Upton a lot. Reasonable contract for a couple years too.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Not a big Upton fan.
    What's there not to be a fan of?

.278/.357/.475 over his career for a 25 year old who is a pretty good defender, can steal 20 bags and is under contract for 3 more years and less than $40 mil...I'll take that any day. The dip in power is a bit concerning considering the wrist problem, but I'd take that risk any day.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

.278/.357/.475 over his career for a 25 year old who is a pretty good defender, can steal 20 bags and is under contract for 3 more years and less than $40 mil...I'll take that any day. The dip in power is a bit concerning considering the wrist problem, but I'd take that risk any day.

Just not a fan.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just not a fan.

Good insight
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just not a fan.

Good insight

Some players I'm just not fans off. Can't explain why...just aren't and he's one.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    ds--are you thinking of his brother?
    www.myspace.com
    ds--are you thinking of his brother?

:lol: No.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    ‎93 years ago today, Yankees formally announced purchase of Babe Ruth from Red Sox. The rest ... is HISTORY!

268401_10151230575327781_194202762_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    The Soriano shit is hilarious
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Still can't believe he can't find a job yet with all of the money that was thrown around earlier.
    I wonder if Grady Sizemore could be had for a reasonable price right now. Always liked him.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I wonder if Grady Sizemore could be had for a reasonable price right now. Always liked him.

Just read today that dude isn't gonna be back till mid year and who knows what you get after that. I like him too but minor league contract, if anything
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Still can't believe he can't find a job yet with all of the money that was thrown around earlier.

Word...guess teams don't want to lose the draft pick for a reliever. Yanks are more interested in the pick than Soriano, which is great. I like Boras more than most, dude is just doing is job, but it's great to see him fuck up every now and then.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Just read today that dude isn't gonna be back till mid year and who knows what you get after that. I like him too but minor league contract, if anything

I'm thinking a contract like the team did with Dotel a few years back.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm thinking a contract like the team did with Dotel a few years back.

Don't recall the details of that. I wouldn't be opposed to it though, as long as they aren't relying on him.

Sounds like its Yanks or Mets for Scott Hairston.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Don't recall the details of that. I wouldn't be opposed to it though, as long as they aren't relying on him.

With Dotel if I remember correctly it was a 2 or 3 year deal where the team basically went in the first year knowing he wasn't goin to picth at all as he rehabbed his elbow or shoulder. In the end it really didn't pan out for the team but they did get him at a reduced annual rate because of the length of the contract.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

With Dotel if I remember correctly it was a 2 or 3 year deal where the team basically went in the first year knowing he wasn't goin to picth at all as he rehabbed his elbow or shoulder. In the end it really didn't pan out for the team but they did get him at a reduced annual rate because of the length of the contract.

Ahhh, yeah, just did that with Ardsma as well. I don't know if I would do that since his injuries seem to be chronic. 3 years running he can't stay on the field, this will be 4. Was an awesome player when healthy.
    Michael Morse should be coming to the Yankees any moment....
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Michael Morse should be coming to the Yankees any moment....
    I would like to see that i think he may actually not be 35 years old yet either :o
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Why are people talking about Chipper Jones being contacted by the Yankees?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,770
    Hip surgeon hopeful Alex Rodriguez can return after All-Star Game

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ ... um=twitter

But Andrew Marchand tweets

Andrew Marchand ‏@AndrewMarchand
    Yes, A-Rod definitely won't be back in '12 -- or maybe '13. #HappyNewYear
    I miss igotid88
    DS1119 wrote:
    Why are people talking about Chipper Jones being contacted by the Yankees?

Because he was a beast last year. Not happening.