The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    “I’m not concerned,” Rodriguez told The Associated Press. “I’m actually, in many ways, relieved that there’s something tangible that we can go fix.”
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sounding likely that Ichiro will be back and it seems like the Yanks are fairly determined to move Granderson.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    igotid88 wrote:
    “I’m not concerned,” Rodriguez told The Associated Press. “I’m actually, in many ways, relieved that there’s something tangible that we can go fix.”

Don't even get me started. :lol:
  • Reynold to the Indians 1 yr 6mm looks like Youkilis's options are dwindling. :fp:
    Reynold to the Indians 1 yr 6mm looks like Youkilis's options are dwindling. :fp:

Cliffy...what floor is your office on? :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Reynold to the Indians 1 yr 6mm looks like Youkilis's options are dwindling. :fp:

:lol:

I don't want to talk about it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't want to talk about it.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    DS1119 wrote:

let's get this done already!!

I'm picturing that body in pinstripes :think:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

let's get this done already!!

I'm picturing that body in pinstripes :think:

Stop it, stop it now.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Stop it, stop it now.

youk-jeter.jpg
    :sick:
    this might be the one time I wish I did twitter.... :think:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Stop it, stop it now.

youkilis.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I've pretty much accepted it now but seeing him in pinstripes might just send me over the edge. :fp:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I really think that if he comes he gets the benefit of the doubt. If he sucks then boo the shit out of him. From a team perspective the move makes so much sense.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he would get a terrible sunburn playing for the d*dgers.

definitely an east coast guy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I've pretty much accepted it now but seeing him in pinstripes might just send me over the edge. :fp:

Yeah, I am just hoping he realizes that he is a gigantic vagina and goes with Cleveland. Not expecting it, but hoping.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    From a team perspective the move makes so much sense.

Any reason why his stats were so dismal last year though?
    and to risk 12 million on someone who might hit .230?
    Im honestly not sure, I dont know much about his recent abilities. Was he injured last year or something?

And what does it say about his willingness to come to NY knowing that Arod will be back at some point? Shouldnt he want a more guaranteed spot somewhere? I bet the Marlins would be willing to overpay for him just to send him off next year. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I really think that if he comes he gets the benefit of the doubt. If he sucks then boo the shit out of him. From a team perspective the move makes so much sense.

It makes no sense whatsoever. NONE. NADA. ZERO.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Im honestly not sure, I dont know much about his recent abilities. Was he injured last year or something?

And what does it say about his willingness to come to NY knowing that Arod will be back at some point? Shouldnt he want a more guaranteed spot somewhere? I bet the Marlins would be willing to overpay for him just to send him off next year. :lol:

Well if he's hitting there will be a spot for him 3b/dh
    DS1119 wrote:

Fills in for ARod who I believe won't play next year anyway but that's a different subject.

If ARod comes back he will still be the starting third baseman since AHip probably won't see much field time.

He can fill in for Tex at 1st if need be..remember Swisher won't be back.

Fills Andruw Jones portion of the right handed DH platoon.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Fills in for ARod who I believe won't play next year anyway but that's a different subject.

If ARod comes back he will still be the starting third baseman since AHip probably won't see much field time.

I guess it makes sense to some degree if the guy can hit like he did years ago. Im just cheap and I can't imagine a 12 million contract for a guy who had a pretty bad year last year.
    You know, if Youk does come to NY, I hope he does well so that Arod goes to the Marlins. ;)
    But I guess I was referring to the best possible Arod case in my last post... Personally, I think if youk comes to NY, we've got a platoon of 37million and a combined .256 average with 11 homers. amazingly boringly overpaid at the hot corner.

So nobody knows why Youks stats have declined so much recently?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119 wrote:

I guess it makes sense to some degree if the guy can hit like he did years ago. Im just cheap and I can't imagine a 12 million contract for a guy who had a pretty bad year last year.
    You know, if Youk does come to NY, I hope he does well so that Arod goes to the Marlins. ;)
    But I guess I was referring to the best possible Arod case in my last post... Personally, I think if youk comes to NY, we've got a platoon of 37million and a combined .256 average with 11 homers. amazingly boringly overpaid at the hot corner.

So nobody knows why Youks stats have declined so much recently?
    What better options are there for a replacement third baseman? Through trade or free agency.
  • What better options are there for a replacement third baseman? Through trade or free agency.

I dont know.
    They shouldnt have let Chavez go maybe (but thats hindsight)..
    Just stick with Nunez? Maybe buy him a better fitting cup and hit 100 more grounders to him everyday, including Christmas and new years day? :D
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

looks like Chisox will decline his $13mil option and buy him out...could be a possibility if AROD moved.

Back on Oct 19th I wrote this

Had about a dozen of you call me a quack :lol:

Fans need to step back sometimes and see it as a business. Not one person in the Yankees brass gives a shit if he played for Boston or looks like a hobo. Its what they think he can do this year.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

looks like Chisox will decline his $13mil option and buy him out...could be a possibility if AROD moved.

Fans need to step back sometimes and see it as a business. Not one person in the Yankees brass gives a shit if he played for Boston or looks like a hobo. Its what they think he can do this year.

Obviously and they are all friends so no one on the team gives a fuck either. It aint the old days.

That said.

FUCK HIM......VERY HARD
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

Obviously and they are all friends so no one on the team gives a fuck either. It aint the old days.

That said.

FUCK HIM......VERY HARD

If Youkalis signs are your going to start a Kevin Youkalis Fan Club thread? :lol:
  • Looking good if you like a player with a decent on-base percentage and good glove. By the way his brother owns a place in New York called Edward's.

http://edwardsnyc.com/blog/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."