The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    so tempted to go tomorrow..but they always lose in the postseason when i go :fp:
    Then please go!!

I am gonna put this out there, I am willing to bet Tigers win the series (same bet Cliffy took last year)

Losers changes his avatar to something that clearly says "I love the winning team"

any takers? Go Tigers!!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    CC was outstanding tonight and this series. Gotta come back strong tomorrow. 8 more to go!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    exhale

do it all over again tomorrow night.

who pitches game 2 ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The season is over again guys. You're all shit bums again. New season starts tomorrow.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    exhale

do it all over again tomorrow night.

who pitches game 2 ?
    On YES, Michael Kay and Cone were saying Phelps may get the start.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :D , nobody on the train was listening, looked over 9 people's shoulder at there media player, nothing!

First on the ferry, me: do you know the score?
    Tom: 3-0 Yankees
    Me: God Bless Ya!

15 minutes later,

Me:Hey Baby
    Wife: Yankees Won 3-1!

8-):D:clap:

Feel Bad for Buck, always the brides maid, never the bride.
    Baltimore should be very proud of this year, they are a force coming soon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so tempted to go tomorrow..but they always lose in the postseason when i go :fp:

you should have gone :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    .....and another few days of hearing Bruces
    ' Land Of Hope & Dreams ' during the games,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    .....and another few days of hearing Bruces
    ' Land Of Hope & Dreams ' during the games,...
    :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Wow. What an absolute beast CC is. Anyone see his wife's tweet. Something along the lines of "ALERT: There is a beast loose at Yankee stadium. Last seen on the mound". Fucking love it. What a great performance. Definitely his best game as a Yankee so far.

Now I am not going to eat crow because I still think Baltimore was very lucky and were not as good as where they got to, but that was a hell of a series and you have to give them credit. Unless they find a new way to win, I don't see them back in the same place next year, you just aren't going to win close games at a historical rate for consecutive years but they earned a lot of respect this year. Last year I got really annoyed with buck with the whole doubleheader and Flanagan comments but he was nothing but a class act and great leader this series. I have a lot more respect for him after this year.

On to tomorrow. Time for some payback. Hopefully this all righty staff will play well to the short porch. I like their chances

Lets fucking go!

Edit: And I do want to say, that was one hell of a rivalry this year. Back and forth for the last month. The better team came out on top but that was fun
    Feel like taking the bet again Cliffy?

got the nerve?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:

got the nerve?

Go to your own shitty Detroit thread please. :fp: I'm a Yankee fan and they want to kick me out of here...as a Tiger fan you need to leave! :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

got the nerve?

Go to your own shitty Detroit thread please. :fp: I'm a Yankee fan and they want to kick me out of here...as a Tiger fan you need to leave! :lol:

I think you two should make the bet
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

got the nerve?

I stay away all year.. I am respectful of there horrible life decision to be a fan of this team..

But Cliffy was the ONLY one to sack up, put pride on the line, and take the bet.. to be frank, Neilybabe (and the rest of them) pussed out for sure.. They arent very confident.. even when it comes to something as stupid as an avatar pic..

This year I am expecting a bunch of the same.. a heartless overpaid team with gutless fans..

yep, i said it..
    Caveeze wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

got the nerve?

I stay away all year.. I am respectful of there horrible life decision to be a fan of this team..

But Cliffy was the ONLY one to sack up, put pride on the line, and take the bet.. to be frank, Neilybabe (and the rest of them) pussed out for sure.. They arent very confident.. even when it comes to something as stupid as an avatar pic..

This year I am expecting a bunch of the same.. a heartless overpaid team with gutless fans..

yep, i said it..

I'll take the bet. However it seems that avatar pics can't be changed so I think it needs to be something else then .
    What? why cant we change avatar pics?
    Caveeze wrote:
    What? why cant we change avatar pics?

Beta mode I guess. No one has been able to change them since then.
    And I will say, I'll also put whatever on the line. Feeling much better about a 7 game series
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And I will say, I'll also put whatever on the line. Feeling much better about a 7 game series

How about a posting a pic of having to wear a Yankee hat when you lose Cav? I won't even need to post the rest becasue it won't happen. :lol:
    Alright, can we change the signatures? the text that shows up on the bottom of each one of everybody's posts?

If so, the bet is as follows..

The very first line of your "signature" will read:

"I am sorry I am a xxxxxx fan, because the xxxxx are just better"

this will and must remain for ONE YEAR on the bottom of ALL your posts, and always be the first one.. top billing, the top line..

who is shaking my hand?
    Caveeze wrote:
    Alright, can we change the signatures? the text that shows up on the bottom of each one of everybody's posts?

If so, the bet is as follows..

The very first line of your "signature" will read:

"I am sorry I am a xxxxxx fan, because the xxxxx are just better"

this will and must remain for ONE YEAR on the bottom of ALL your posts, and always be the first one.. top billing, the top line..

who is shaking my hand?

Sounds like fun. I'm in. Cliff?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    is arod on the ALCS roster? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Caveeze wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

got the nerve?

yep, i said it..

i can't bet the avatar picture because i don't know how to change it if they were to lose... honest to god
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    now on to the serious stuff...the game

if ya cant have CC in game 1.....Andy isn't to bad of a choice ....hopefully he can continue to be solid

the bats need to wake up though ...2-3 runs per game isn't gonna win this series
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    now on to the serious stuff...the game

if ya cant have CC in game 1.....Andy isn't to bad of a choice ....hopefully he can continue to be solid

the bats need to wake up though ...2-3 runs per game isn't gonna win this series
    Nope, especially with Cabrera and Prince.
    Yup.

pettitte20stare.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    Yup.

pettitte20stare.jpg

:corn:
    cold night in the Boogie Down

LET'S GET AHEAD TONIGHT
    579047_360297727392277_169101908_n.jpg

Lets Go Yankees
    platessmall.jpg
    Andy will make it happen tonight. :corn: