The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh how could we forget to give props to the captain....amazing 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So there is this Anonymous PR guy who has written a few things on Deadspin and is currently answering questions. One question was about the "Best athlete feud we dont know about" And his answer was "Yankees players and Nick Swisher"

Interesting...

http://deadspin.com/5936638/ask-an-anon ... -publicist

I do remember seeing in SI earlier this year I believe it was, something about the 5 most hated baseball players and Swisher's name is there. My ex actually met him at the All Star game in 09 and said he couldn't be nicer. She had a Blackberry at the time and when it crashed he waited a couple of minutes for the phone to reboot just so she could have a pic with him that hse forwarded to me.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So there is this Anonymous PR guy who has written a few things on Deadspin and is currently answering questions. One question was about the "Best athlete feud we dont know about" And his answer was "Yankees players and Nick Swisher"

Interesting...

http://deadspin.com/5936638/ask-an-anon ... -publicist

I do remember seeing in SI earlier this year I believe it was, something about the 5 most hated baseball players and Swisher's name is there. My ex actually met him at the All Star game in 09 and said he couldn't be nicer. She had a Blackberry at the time and when it crashed he waited a couple of minutes for the phone to reboot just so she could have a pic with him that hse forwarded to me.

Yeah, I am sure it is the combination of that. He seems great with fans, but I can see how he would rub teammates the wrong way. Who knows if that is this though
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    JoannaGarcia-NickSwisher-Yanks_display_image_display_image.jpg?1282072037
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    JoannaGarcia-NickSwisher-Yanks_display_image_display_image.jpg?1282072037
    Lucky guy.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Jeter is amazing. That is all folks.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jeter is amazing. That is all folks.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Boom boom youk
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Nova bloooooooows
    Please let this Tampa score hold
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,769
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You're worried about Tampa?
    cutz wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You're worried about Tampa?

More than anyone else in the division. They can pitch.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    was at the game tonight and as awful as it was to see youk hit that grand slam, i kept telling all of the white sox fans around me that in 5 years when jeter is the all time hits leader, they will remember his lead off, first pitch homerun, not domestic dispute youk's grand slam.

oh... and white sox fans wait until the 9th inning to talk shit.
    Nova's got to get right and soon. If the team holds on and makes the playoffs there is no way I want that guy touching a ball in the playofs right now.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    DS1119 wrote:
    Nova's got to get right and soon. If the team holds on and makes the playoffs there is no way I want that guy touching a ball in the playofs right now.

Yeah at this point he shouldn't even be considered for a spot on the PS roster.
    DS1119 wrote:

I read an article this morning that the top two candidates for demotion when CC comes back are Chamberlain or Nova.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    rival. wrote:
    was at the game tonight and as awful as it was to see youk hit that grand slam, i kept telling all of the white sox fans around me that in 5 years when jeter is the all time hits leader, they will remember his lead off, first pitch homerun, not domestic dispute youk's grand slam.

So what point are you trying to make here? That Jeter will be remembered more than Youk??? No shit. I have really enjoyed watching Jeter these past 2 games....one of the best to ever play. But those damn white sox fans cheering and getting excited when someone hits a go-ahead grand slam?? How dare they!!!
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I read an article this morning that the top two candidates for demotion when CC comes back are Chamberlain or Nova.

Should be Nova. Give Joba a chance to figure it out in the pen where he is and see if he can bring anything to the table here on out. Nova's not going to add anything of value out of the pen with his major league leading extra base hits. Send him down. Phelps gives them a better chance to win at this point. Playoff rotation has to be CC, Kuroda, Pettitte, Hughes.

Nova was a good story, but he has to have a very short leash next year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Should be Nova. Give Joba a chance to figure it out in the pen where he is and see if he can bring anything to the table here on out. Nova's not going to add anything of value out of the pen with his major league leading extra base hits. Send him down. Phelps gives them a better chance to win at this point. Playoff rotation has to be CC, Kuroda, Pettitte, Hughes.

Ii just wonder if they did send Nova down what that would do to his head. This was a kid that couldn't lose for a while and now he's facing demotion. I guess if it happens he either figures it out or sinks.

This team needs Pettitte back like yesterday. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ii just wonder if they did send Nova down what that would do to his head. This was a kid that couldn't lose for a while and now he's facing demotion. I guess if it happens he either figures it out or sinks.

This team needs Pettitte back like yesterday. :fp:

Yeah, I thought about that but I don't think they shouldn't give a shit about his head. All about winning. Earlier in the year, give him a leash, not in a race though. He was pissed when he got sent down last year or whenever it was, and he came back great. Simple solution, pitch better. Dude was projected to be a 4th/5th starter at best, maybe that's what he really is. It's unreal watching Martin catch him. He can't come close to hitting his glove. Even strikes, Martin is moving his glove in the zone.

They do. Badly.
    Think I saw Pettitte will be pushing off a mound with spikes on today or tomorrow.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Think I saw Pettitte will be pushing off a mound with spikes on today or tomorrow.

I read that too. He also mentioned it's "not out of the question" he will come back next year. These NY writers crack me up. The guy hasn't even really started rehabbing yet for this season and they're asking him about next year! :fp: :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I read that too. He also mentioned it's "not out of the question" he will come back next year. These NY writers crack me up. The guy hasn't even really started rehabbing yet for this season and they're asking him about next year! :fp: :lol:

Ha, yeah, I thought the minute he got hurt that he would be back next year though. If they don't win, especially.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,782
    Nova said he felt tightness in his shoulder during the last batter. Will go to NY for tests. Probably the excuse to shut him down for a week?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Nova said he felt tightness in his shoulder during the last batter. Will go to NY for tests. Probably the excuse to shut him down for a week?

Yeah, just in time for rosters to expand.
    igotid88 wrote:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rival. wrote:

So what point are you trying to make here? That Jeter will be remembered more than Youk??? No shit. I have really enjoyed watching Jeter these past 2 games....one of the best to ever play. But those damn white sox fans cheering and getting excited when someone hits a go-ahead grand slam?? How dare they!!!

eh, no point. drunken rant at that point in the night! was sitting pretty close to the foul pole and got a solid view of his grand slam. it just stings a bit more when that blast comes from a guy who was hands down the most hated red sox player for the past decade, that's all.

hopefully the yanks are able to avoid the sweep tonight. game one they blew many, many opportunities to expand on their 3-0 lead, and one bad pitch from garcia lead to wise's homer which really changed the tide. and last night, the first inning felt very similar to the night before. nova was getting tagged and i am surprised he made it a full 6 innings.
    Dare I say...MVP?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    rival. wrote:

eh, no point. drunken rant at that point in the night! was sitting pretty close to the foul pole and got a solid view of his grand slam. it just stings a bit more when that blast comes from a guy who was hands down the most hated red sox player for the past decade, that's all.

hopefully the yanks are able to avoid the sweep tonight. game one they blew many, many opportunities to expand on their 3-0 lead, and one bad pitch from garcia lead to wise's homer which really changed the tide. and last night, the first inning felt very similar to the night before. nova was getting tagged and i am surprised he made it a full 6 innings.

I hear ya. It's always tough when you go into enemy territory and your team loses.

Nice pitching duel we've got tonight. And Jeter has been playing awesome this entire series....its always a pleasure to watch him play.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,782
    another tough loss for Hughes
    I miss igotid88