The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    could of used a HR tonight
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Well that series didn't go as well as it could have.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    CHICAGO — Derek Jeter refused to respond to an ESPN television announcer who suggested Jeter’s strong season at 38 could be a result of performance-enhancing drugs.

Skip Bayless cast doubt on Jeter who is hitting .324 after the Yankees’ 2-1 loss to the White Sox last night at U.S. Cellular Field after hitting .270 last season.

“I am not getting involved in that one,’’ Jeter said, who hit a solo home run, his 13th, last night. “Guys do things and people question it, that’s the unfortunate thing.’’

Asked if he was bothered by his name being linked to the topic, Jeter said, “It’s a first for me, man. I don’t know what to tell you.’’

White Sox manager Robin Ventura, a Yankee in 2002-2003, was appalled that somebody would question Jeter on the performance enhancing drug issue.

“That’s awful,’’ Ventura said.

In Jeter’s last 27 games, he is hitting .381 (45-for-118) with six homers and 16 RBIs. He passed Eddie Murray into 11th place on the all-time hit list and has 3,257. The streak has carried him into the AL MVP conversation.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/ju ... 95v9n8uCPO

Skip Bayless is a fucking idiot
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    CHICAGO — Derek Jeter refused to respond to an ESPN television announcer who suggested Jeter’s strong season at 38 could be a result of performance-enhancing drugs.

Skip Bayless cast doubt on Jeter who is hitting .324 after the Yankees’ 2-1 loss to the White Sox last night at U.S. Cellular Field after hitting .270 last season.

“I am not getting involved in that one,’’ Jeter said, who hit a solo home run, his 13th, last night. “Guys do things and people question it, that’s the unfortunate thing.’’

Asked if he was bothered by his name being linked to the topic, Jeter said, “It’s a first for me, man. I don’t know what to tell you.’’

White Sox manager Robin Ventura, a Yankee in 2002-2003, was appalled that somebody would question Jeter on the performance enhancing drug issue.

In Jeter’s last 27 games, he is hitting .381 (45-for-118) with six homers and 16 RBIs. He passed Eddie Murray into 11th place on the all-time hit list and has 3,257. The streak has carried him into the AL MVP conversation.

:fp: :fp: :nono: What an ignorant suggestion. Way to start my day: mad.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

Yep. What a fucking moron.

If this were true it would turn my world upside down. Fortunately I know it's not true in my heart.
    Funny thing about the Jeter/roid issue. If you happened to have on DVR last night's game,, before Jeter's HR you can hear someone in the stands yell "Jeter...you're next for 50 games!". As soon as the guy yelled it Jeter cracked the HR. I thought it was kind of :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited August 2012
    i would bet alot its not true

that being said...he means to much to the game to even warrant a test

however, if he is...that will lock him up to pass pete rose ;)

jeter has 1 "bad year" year ( which wasn't even stupid bad ) and this moron says this

18 years batting 320 w/ 200 hits and then a bad year means he is juicing becasue he is back to being a superstar

some atletes are freaks of nature skip....deal with it
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

:fp: :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    So who's next?

Robbie Cano
    Eric Chavez
    Nick Swisher
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp: :lol:

i wanted to see how it feels to be a douche like Skip
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    LloydXmas wrote:
    So who's next?

Robbie Cano
    Eric Chavez
    Nick Swisher

Stop it with your Cano stuff! :nono: :lol:
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    It's one thing for espn to be bashing the Yankees, they've been doing it for years but this is outright slander. I don't know if they can ban espn from the clubhouse but they should refuse all interview requests until espn issues an apology or fires that piece of shit.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    that being said...he means to much to the game to even warrant a test

bullshit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It's one thing for espn to be bashing the Yankees, they've been doing it for years but this is outright slander. I don't know if they can ban espn from the clubhouse but they should refuse all interview requests until espn issues an apology or fires that piece of shit.
    I'm not an ESPN fan, but this is what the "post" steroid Era has become. Anyone that has a hitting streak, hitting .300 plus, hit's 50 plus HR's is going to get scrutinized.

The article says Jeter hit .270 last year, but I'm sure we all remember he slumped until he hit #3,000. He was under a tremendous amount of pressure and once that milestone was hit, he had a great 2nd half.

I hate that this is what the game has become, but it is what it is.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Skip Bayless got exactly what he wanted, everyone is talking about what Skip Bayless said.

I don't think Jeter is doing anything that is banned for the simple fact that there is really zero reason for him to. He is already a first ballot hall of famer. He is already the most popular/famous player in the leauge. He is on his last contract, and if not he'll be going year to year and it won't compare to what he has made. He is not going to catch Pete Rose but should end up with the 4th most hits ever regardless. There is no shame in a decline at 38. There is really zero incentive for him to cheat. None at all. Why risk everything you have built up for the past 17 year when there is really no benefit. I also just don't think he has it in him, but we also don't know all that much about him.

I do agree that Jeter probably gets the least number of tests of anyone in the league.
    That series sucked, but at least we got this out of it

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... nterviews/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I do agree that Jeter probably gets the least number of tests of anyone in the league.

You really think that they test some guys more than others? I was always under the assumption it was all random testing.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You really think that they test some guys more than others? I was always under the assumption it was all random testing.

I don't know. It is supposed to be random, but I wouldn't be a little bit surprised if they test people like Melky, Bautista and others who come out of nowhere more.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't know. It is supposed to be random, but I wouldn't be a little bit surprised if they test people like Melky, Bautista and others who come out of nowhere more.

Yeah I could definitely see that.

That Girardi thing with him yelling at the fan was pretty good stuff.
    23 out of the last 37 suspensions since 2005 were born in Latin America.
    i like the banning ESPN from the clubhouse idea

fuck them..they have nothing but hate regardless

what are they gonna do... talk bad about us? :roll: :D
    DS1119 wrote:

Makes sense and I would be doing the same thing if I were them. Most of the time they are born dirt poor and their only chance at getting off the island is baseball. Why not do whatever you can to make that happen? I am sure there is also a lot of pressure once you are here to make as much money as possible to help your family.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah I could definitely see that.

That Girardi thing with him yelling at the fan was pretty good stuff.

Yeah, I got a kick out of that. Good for him. Girardi is probably the last manager in baseball I would want to get in a fight with.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Makes sense and I would be doing the same thing if I were them. Most of the time they are born dirt poor and their only chance at getting off the island is baseball. Why not do whatever you can to make that happen? I am sure there is also a lot of pressure once you are here to make as much money as possible to help your family.

I'm not knocking them or PED's. I've always said if there was a pill that would increase my annual salary I would take it.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not knocking them or PED's. I've always said if there was a pill that would increase my annual salary I would take it.

Exactly.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

You left out the fact that that pill also holds potential for giving you a 1/3 of the year off with no pay, ruins your credibility, and likely shrivels your johnson. Yeah, sounds great.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    You left out the fact that that pill also holds potential for giving you a 1/3 of the year off with no pay, ruins your credibility, and likely shrivels your johnson. Yeah, sounds great.

I'm still in. :D
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I just saw the Giradi yelling clip on the news this morning.
    It was good to see him get worked up,
    show some emotion,
    albeit from bad results in Chitown.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm still in. :D

:lol:
    Rollin the dice, eh? You must have some to spare. Damn cheaters. :lolno:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)