The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Russel Martin DH? :fp:

He just gave them the lead.

Cool, maybe without the stress of catching too, he might go 2-4 and get his average up to .199 ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Russel Martin DH? :fp:

Cool, maybe without the stress of catching too, he might go 2-4 and get his average up to .199 ;)

Ha, been an absolutely terrible year for him. At least they can get him back next year for less than they thought. Not many catchers available. Probabliy the best option.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited September 2012
    btw, thank you again for cutting Dewayne Wise- just hit a huge 2 run single to tie it up vs the tigers

in 32 games for the white sox:

35-119 .294 avg.
    5 hr
    20 rbi
    10-12 sbs

:twisted:
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    davidtrios wrote:
    btw, thank you for cutting Dewayne Wise

in 3 games with the white sox:

7/12 .583 avg 1 hr 6rbi

Nice, he played well for the Yanks this year too.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    davidtrios wrote:
    btw, thank you for cutting Dewayne Wise

in 3 games with the white sox:

7/12 .583 avg 1 hr 6rbi

he was great for us as well, but once we got Ichiro, just no room :evil:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha, been an absolutely terrible year for him. At least they can get him back next year for less than they thought. Not many catchers available. Probabliy the best option.

True. Maybe in the off-season he can get some pointers from Melky.
    I guess my original thought was, why the heck are the Yankees using a .196 hitter at DH today? Is it a double header? They have no other options?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

True. Maybe in the off-season he can get some pointers from Melky.
    I guess my original thought was, why the heck are the Yankees using a .196 hitter at DH today? Is it a double header? They have no other options?

Cano out. Jones playing the field in place of Raul with the lefty going. Chavez getting a day with the lefty. Day game after night game. Am sure all that factored into it.
    Well, that stinks.
    any one else get that sinking feeling in their stomach at the timing of Cano being out?
    any one else get that sinking feeling in their stomach at the timing of Cano being out?

Definitley not a good time. Hopefully it is just a stiff neck. That shit can be rough.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Come on...pitch to Hamilton and show some balls! :lol:
    What the hell was Cano thinking? :fp:
    Typical Thursday day game at the Stadium. Just mistakes everywhere. :lol: I love going to Thursday games but it always seemed to me they were played a little like the Bad News Bears. :lol:
    Oh well. Cant complain about 3 out of 4. On to those fuck faces.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

WOw. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Wow what? You have a problem with this series or the fuck faces comment?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Wow what? You have a problem with this series or the fuck faces comment?

I'm laughing at the fuck face comment. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ha, yeah....well they are all fuck faces..all of 'em. Starting with their smug manager who invented baseball and onto their midget captain and his perverted brother. Fuck em all. Fuck 'em. Especially that fuck face Beckett, I hope he takes one on that stupid soul patch, that would be funny.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ha, yeah....well they are all fuck faces..all of 'em. Starting with their smug manager who invented baseball and onto their midget captain and his perverted brother. Fuck em all. Fuck 'em. Especially that fuck face Beckett, I hope he takes one on that stupid soul patch, that would be funny.

Yeah, Boston teams for some reason are the only teams I truly hate. I also hate the city and for the most part anyone I have ever met from Boston. :lol:
    edited August 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, Boston teams for some reason are the only teams I truly hate. I also hate the city and for the most part anyone I have ever met from Boston. :lol:

Yeah, I hate them, hate them. They always seem some unlikable. They do a good job of signing douche bags, from Trot (who's name is Trot?), to Mr. I fight with my mask on, to I beat up old fat men, to Beckett & Lackey, to Youkilis and that midget. Now they have the most hatable manager ever.

FUCK 'EM! Enjoy fighting for 4th place while your owner is worried about Liverpool.

I spend quite a bit of time in that god forsaken city for work. History, check, some good beer, check, DOUCHE BAGS WITH LITTLE DICK SYNDROME, A GIGANTIC CHECK.

Edit: And yeah, I have been trying to think of real Red Sox fans I know, I mean real fans. I think there were a few when I lived in Albany, but I don't keep enough contact with them to talk shit. That's unfortunate. So, I just turn to the internet :lol::lol:
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, I hate them, hate them. They always seem some unlikable. They do a good job of signing douche bags, from Trot (who's name is Trot?), to Mr. I fight with my mask on, to I beat up old fat men, to Beckett & Lackey, to Youkilis and that midget. Now they have the most hatable manager ever.

FUCK 'EM! Enjoy fighting for 4th place while your owner is worried about Liverpool.

I spend quite a bit of time in that god forsaken city for work. History, check, some good beer, check, DOUCHE BAGS WITH LITTLE DICK SYNDROME, A GIGANTIC CHECK.

Edit: And yeah, I have been trying to think of real Red Sox fans I know, I mean real fans. I think there were a few when I lived in Albany, but I don't keep enough contact with them to talk shit. That's unfortunate. So, I just turn to the internet :lol::lol:

That's the worst part of Albany. Half the people here think they live in NYC and the other half think they live in Boston. No, you all live in Smalbany Boston blows so you get the double whammy! :lol:
    Do you guys know about the midgets brother?

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/01/25/dusti ... n-charges/

I know you can't pick your family, but.......

Yeah, I am out of line. I don't care. I'm slightly intoxicated.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's the worst part of Albany. Half the people here think they live in NYC and the other half think they live in Boston. No, you all live in Smalbany Boston blows so you get the double whammy! :lol:

Ugh, yeah. I was there in 2004...that sucked. 2003 was fun though. We had a massive fireworks display on Warren St after the game. Was very close to going to jail. haha.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Didn't know that. Surprised he doesn't hear about it at the Stadium.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's why he plays 2nd...far enough away from the bleachers to avoid that shit :lol::lol: . Nothing is off limits to those fuckers. They were trying to give Josh Hamilton beers in the playoffs.
    edited August 2012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's why he plays 2nd...far enough away from the bleachers to avoid that shit :lol::lol: . Nothing is off limits to those fuckers. They were trying to give Josh Hamilton beers in the playoffs.

I thought he played 2B becasue the SS wouldn't want him standing behind him. :shock: :o
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    agreed with the Boston thoughts,,truly don't like everything about it

it would take a very special event to get me there.....like truly special

no pj concert is worth dealing with that town..(maybe if it was their last ever)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DS1119 wrote:
    [

I thought he played 2B becasue the SS wouldn't want him standing behind him. :shock: :o

:o:lol::lol::lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

His brother's Chad Curtis? :o