The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    rotation after the break will be Kuroda, Garcia, Nova, Hughes, and CC if his throw day on Friday goes well.

I think it should be Kuroda, Hughes, Nova, and Garcia.
    I miss igotid88
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    sweet lead at the half way point....its ours to lose
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Now....time to get engaged then party it up. :o:o

So were you able to seal the deal or do you need to bring in the closer? :lol:

The poor girl said yes. ha. Was a great night/weekend. Couldn't have gone better. Thanks, all.
    sweet lead at the half way point....its ours to lose

Very nice lead right now and a good weekend in Boston going into the break. They have to be feeling good about themselves. 7.5 up on Tampa, I can't see Baltimore lasting.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Now....time to get engaged then party it up. :o:o

So were you able to seal the deal or do you need to bring in the closer? :lol:

The poor girl said yes. ha. Was a great night/weekend. Couldn't have gone better. Thanks, all.

:thumbup: :clap:
    DS1119 wrote:
    :thumbup: :clap:

Yeah, man. Thanks.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    BOSTON — They haven’t come to blows like Alex Rodriguez and Jason Varitek, but the feud between Mark Teixeira and Boston reliever Vicente Padilla shows no signs of mellowing.

Teixeira has never tried to mask his dislike of Padilla for both his belief that he has thrown at him and caused him to get thrown at by plunking opposing hitters when they were teammates, and now the right-hander is firing back, telling Spanish-speaking reporters that the first baseman has an issue with Latino teammates.

“The problem is he talks about all the wrong things that others have done, but the things he’s done — against the Latinos [on the Rangers] — he doesn’t open his mouth about,” Padilla told NESN in Spanish Saturday. “He once threatened me and said he was going to hit me with a bat, and that’s when we were playing on the same team. And then, he also had problems with Frank Francisco. 

... But he doesn’t talk about that, does he? Then, of course, he goes on and makes those comments about me.”

Teixeira denied that he’s ever had a problem with any Latin teammates — other than Padilla — after Padilla’s comments were relayed to him.

“Hilarious,” Teixeira said. “If that’s the case, interview every one of my Latin teammates in this clubhouse right now and ask them. ... It’s completely erroneous.”
    Both Robinson Cano and Freddy Garcia defended Teixeira.

“I don’t know anything that happened over there [in Texas], but he is a nice guy, one of the nicest guys on the team,” Cano said. “I judge a guy by the way he acts with me. If there’s something in the past, I don’t know about that.”

Garcia called him, “a great guy, a family guy. He respects everybody. ... Anybody can say what they want to say.”

And Padilla will. He added Teixeira is simply afraid to hit against him.
    “I just think he’s scared to face me,” Padilla told NESN. “I don’t throw at people to hit them on purpose. I throw inside, and I’ve always thrown inside. It’s not my problem if the ball hits someone. ... In this sport, as competitive ball players, we get pretty fired up. So I think, maybe, [Teixeira] picked the wrong profession. I think he’d be better off playing a women’s sport.’’

Teixeira largely laughed that off, joking that “women’s boxing is pretty tough,” but stood by his belief that Padilla is a headhunter.

“The fact is certain things happen in this game and hitters don’t have the same powers ... pitchers do,” said Teixeira, who has been hit three times by Padilla in 18 plate appearances. “Pitchers can do those kinds of things and then say whatever they want about it. Hitters just have to take it.The only other thing I could do is charge the mound. 
    ... I’m not gonna charge the mound and get my teammates hurt.”

Teixeira also pointed to an incident with the Rangers when teammate Michael Young got hit and Padilla was seen laughing on the bench.

“That was the last straw in Texas,” Teixeira said. “He was released that day.”

And now the two of them find themselves in an intense rivalry — with Teixeira hitting a triple off Padilla on Friday that gave the Yankees the lead.

“If you connect a big hit against me, then it means you were capable of doing so,” Padilla told ESPN Deportes in Spanish yesterday before refusing to answer questions in English.

As for the war of words, Teixeira hopes it’s over, but doesn’t intend to seek out Padilla.

“That would be an interesting conversation,” Teixeira said. “If he wants to keep throwing at people, that’s his prerogative.”
    BOSTON — They haven’t come to blows like Alex Rodriguez and Jason Varitek, but the feud between Mark Teixeira and Boston reliever Vicente Padilla shows no signs of mellowing.

Teixeira has never tried to mask his dislike of Padilla for both his belief that he has thrown at him and caused him to get thrown at by plunking opposing hitters when they were teammates, and now the right-hander is firing back, telling Spanish-speaking reporters that the first baseman has an issue with Latino teammates.

“The problem is he talks about all the wrong things that others have done, but the things he’s done — against the Latinos [on the Rangers] — he doesn’t open his mouth about,” Padilla told NESN in Spanish Saturday. “He once threatened me and said he was going to hit me with a bat, and that’s when we were playing on the same team. And then, he also had problems with Frank Francisco. 

... But he doesn’t talk about that, does he? Then, of course, he goes on and makes those comments about me.”

Teixeira denied that he’s ever had a problem with any Latin teammates — other than Padilla — after Padilla’s comments were relayed to him.

“Hilarious,” Teixeira said. “If that’s the case, interview every one of my Latin teammates in this clubhouse right now and ask them. ... It’s completely erroneous.”

“I don’t know anything that happened over there [in Texas], but he is a nice guy, one of the nicest guys on the team,” Cano said. “I judge a guy by the way he acts with me. If there’s something in the past, I don’t know about that.”

Garcia called him, “a great guy, a family guy. He respects everybody. ... Anybody can say what they want to say.”

“I just think he’s scared to face me,” Padilla told NESN. “I don’t throw at people to hit them on purpose. I throw inside, and I’ve always thrown inside. It’s not my problem if the ball hits someone. ... In this sport, as competitive ball players, we get pretty fired up. So I think, maybe, [Teixeira] picked the wrong profession. I think he’d be better off playing a women’s sport.’’

Teixeira largely laughed that off, joking that “women’s boxing is pretty tough,” but stood by his belief that Padilla is a headhunter.

“The fact is certain things happen in this game and hitters don’t have the same powers ... pitchers do,” said Teixeira, who has been hit three times by Padilla in 18 plate appearances. “Pitchers can do those kinds of things and then say whatever they want about it. Hitters just have to take it.The only other thing I could do is charge the mound. 

Teixeira also pointed to an incident with the Rangers when teammate Michael Young got hit and Padilla was seen laughing on the bench.

And now the two of them find themselves in an intense rivalry — with Teixeira hitting a triple off Padilla on Friday that gave the Yankees the lead.

“If you connect a big hit against me, then it means you were capable of doing so,” Padilla told ESPN Deportes in Spanish yesterday before refusing to answer questions in English.

As for the war of words, Teixeira hopes it’s over, but doesn’t intend to seek out Padilla.

“That would be an interesting conversation,” Teixeira said. “If he wants to keep throwing at people, that’s his prerogative.”

He's just a punk.
    Oh boy Reggie. :fp:
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    DS1119 wrote:

Everytime I think of Reggie Jackson, I think of his cameo in the Naked Gun..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    DS1119 wrote:

He's just a punk.

Padilla is such a fucking asshole. Easy for an AL pitcher to constantly throw at guys when you rarely have to bat. He pulled this shit with Pierzynski a few years back....hit him twice in one game for no apparent reason. Guys like that are a fucking embarrassment to the game.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Congrats buddy. I'm getting married in October....enjoy the ride. And now you get to plan a bachelor party. :D
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

congrats man! best of luck to you and the lady!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    DS1119 wrote:

...so the yankees tell him to go away? weak.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Congrats buddy. I'm getting married in October....enjoy the ride. And now you get to plan a bachelor party. :D

Maybe you two can swap marriage tips during the White Sox-Yankees ALCS.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

He's a paid employee of the Yankees. When you pubically talk shit about the employees of the company you work for, you are probably going to be let go. Simple as that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks, man. Congrats to you as well. Pretty pumped about the bachelor party and think we are looking at next October or the following Spring. Most likely next fall though.
    So Joba pitched well today. Topped out at 97 says the reports. He'll be back within a month, assuming all goes well.

And Mo could be back?!?! Bullshit.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yankees won. Sucks for DS

Great win especially with the way price was dealing.

8-7 over the last 15.

What's your point? Hot and cold stretches. 162 games. On pace for 98 wins I believe at the half way point.

Try again. I am sure you can talk to metsfan in his thread. Misery loves company.
    My dead mets thread is Yankee fan free thread and more so a idiot free thread. No Yankee fan should ever complain Cano. Dude just rakes. I'll gladly take him on my team anytime.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

What's your point? Hot and cold stretches. 162 games. On pace for 98 wins I believe at the half way point.

Try again. I am sure you can talk to metsfan in his thread. Misery loves company.
    My dead mets thread is Yankee fan free thread and more so a idiot free thread. No Yankee fan should ever complain Cano. Dude just rakes. I'll gladly take him on my team anytime.[/quote]

You can have him. 0'fer last night in the derby.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

He's a paid employee of the Yankees. When you pubically talk shit about the employees of the company you work for, you are probably going to be let go. Simple as that.

a-rod couldn't carry reggie's jockstrap :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    it's sad when old people grow so bitter

you talking about me or reggie? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    imalive wrote:

you talking about me or reggie? :lol:

:lol: Reggie
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:

Please don't quote me or interact with me ever again on here . I think I lost a few brain cells after reading these 2 sentences by you.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

DS1119 wrote:

Please don't quote me or interact with me ever again on here . I think I lost a few brain cells after reading these 2 sentences by you.

It was sarcasm. :fp:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    BryanHoch Robinson Cano says he had fun at the #ASG but didn’t appreciate how the KC fans treated his family at Kauffman Stadium

DanBarbarisi Cano said people were yelling things at his family when they went to the bathroom. Cano was not pleased.
    I miss igotid88
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    igotid88 wrote:
    BryanHoch Robinson Cano says he had fun at the #ASG but didn’t appreciate how the KC fans treated his family at Kauffman Stadium

DanBarbarisi Cano said people were yelling things at his family when they went to the bathroom. Cano was not pleased.
    Classless fans.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful