The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Fucking Cano. Should have moved him to 3rd :lol:;)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    whaada ya know,,,,
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    If my research is right 5 teams have won a World Series after leading the league in regular season homeruns. I would have to think that at least one or two of those came with Ruth when he was hitting more homeruns than some teams combined. With the Yaankees currently scoring 52.5% of their runs on HR's this doesn't translate well to playoff success.

I don't really know what that says. That takes absolutely nothing, including pitching into consideration. I'd take the article that says teams who hit home runs score more runs in the playoffs than teams who don't. I can't keep going, it's going nowhere like the Ryan Howard talk so.... Let's Go Yanks!

It's all about runs scored and era. This team depends too much on the HR to score runs. It's evident with Granderson. THe guy came to the Yanks as a guy who would hit to all fields and now all he sees is that right field porch.

Two more runs...HR.
    :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    If my research is right 5 teams have won a World Series after leading the league in regular season homeruns. I would have to think that at least one or two of those came with Ruth when he was hitting more homeruns than some teams combined. With the Yaankees currently scoring 52.5% of their runs on HR's this doesn't translate well to playoff success.

I don't really know what that says. That takes absolutely nothing, including pitching into consideration. I'd take the article that says teams who hit home runs score more runs in the playoffs than teams who don't. I can't keep going, it's going nowhere like the Ryan Howard talk so.... Let's Go Yanks!

It's all about runs scored and era. This team depends too much on the HR to score runs. It's evident with Granderson. THe guy came to the Yanks as a guy who would hit to all fields and now all he sees is that right field porch.

Two more runs...HR.

Alright, so exactly. Teams who hit home runs score more runs inthe playoffs on average.

Are you complaining about Granderson?

You would have really hated Babe Ruth :lol:
    And just to end the conversation, you do realize you are a fan of a team nicknamed the "Bronx Bombers" and you do understand that the team who has hit more home runs than any other team in the history of baseball also has the most world series titles in the history of baseball.

I hear the Mets have plently of tickets available if you want small ball NL baseball

Really done this time.
    quick 10,000 th homerun in yanks history

claudell washington at minny :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And just to end the conversation, you do realize you are a fan of a team nicknamed the "Bronx Bombers" and you do understand that the team who has hit more home runs than any other team in the history of baseball also has the most world series titles in the history of baseball.

I hear the Mets have plently of tickets available if you want small ball NL baseball

Really done this time.

No. I'm not rooting for the JV. :lol: Come on now? You watched it with basically this team the past two years. Once the HR bats aren't there, they can't win. I'm not being argumentitve just to do it. I really feel that way. They simply can not manufacture a run if they need to.

Granderson is not a player that should ever have a shift played on him. He proved over his career he hit to all fields yet all he does is pull the ball. It's frustrating to watch at times actually.
    RObertson doesn't have calves he has cows.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really done this time.

No. I'm not rooting for the JV. :lol: Come on now? You watched it with basically this team the past two years. Once the HR bats aren't there, they can't win. I'm not being argumentitve just to do it. I really feel that way. They simply can not manufacture a run if they need to.

Granderson is not a player that should ever have a shift played on him. He proved over his career he hit to all fields yet all he does is pull the ball. It's frustrating to watch at times actually.

:lol:

And I am not either, but I dont think the home run has anything to do with why they didn't win. They hit the most home runs the year before and pretty much walked through the playoffs. Like I said, the baseball playoffs are such a crapshoot, it's just about being hot or by far the best team.

Granderson couldn't hit lefties when he came over and now he is hitting 40 home runs a year. I am fine with that.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    DS1119 wrote:

This is so silly. Your complaint is unfounded based on statistical analysis. But, keep spouting it. It sounds good to folks who don't understand Baseball games are 9 innings and seasons are 162 games and WS droughts of only 8 years are welcome sights to most teams' fan base.

Seems to me you suffer from what I call "selective statistical analysis". :lol:

??????

I noted their current number. It will come down as their BA with RISP goes up. Which is a scary proposition.

And BTW, Cano's HR came with a RISP. So, that bangs both sideds. But, no good for you since it's a HR. :lol: Needed to be a single.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Broken ankle for Pettitte. WHAT THE FUCK
    No surgery. FUCK FUCK FUCK. September?
    6 weeks for Pettitte. :fp:
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    DS1119 wrote:

Fuck :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

This is so silly. Your complaint is unfounded based on statistical analysis. But, keep spouting it. It sounds good to folks who don't understand Baseball games are 9 innings and seasons are 162 games and WS droughts of only 8 years are welcome sights to most teams' fan base.

Seems to me you suffer from what I call "selective statistical analysis". :lol:

??????

I noted their current number. It will come down as their BA with RISP goes up. Which is a scary proposition.

And BTW, Cano's HR came with a RISP. So, that bangs both sideds. But, no good for you since it's a HR. :lol: Needed to be a single.

Seems that someone has subscribed to the Joe Girardi "how to we spin this problem around" quote. :lol:
    I'd imagine it's closer to 8 weeks or so with rehab and all. I'm thinking September.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'd imagine it's closer to 8 weeks or so with rehab and all. I'm thinking September.

Freddy might be making an appearnace back in the rotation.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And Adam Warren until CC gets back. Should be an interesting couple months.

Deadline got a lot more interesting today.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And Adam Warren until CC gets back. Should be an interesting couple months.

Deadline got a lot more interesting today.

Yup.
    Someone needs to buy Soriano one of these.

easy-button1.jpg
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    DS1119 wrote:
    Someone needs to buy Soriano one of these.

easy-button1.jpg

:lol::lol: I was going to make a joke about you not liking the way Sori did it today. Dude's been lights out. Had an off day and still got the job done. :lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    it's going nowhere like the Ryan Howard talk

i love a good Ryan Howard debate. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    it's going nowhere like the Ryan Howard talk

i love a good Ryan Howard debate. :lol:

You know I do. I jump right into that fire.
    Joe just said the magic words and I quote "you know you get hit with a ball up the middle in the leg and you know you're going to be out 4-6 weeks before you can PROBABLY throw a baseball".

Reporter then asks about his PROBABLY comment and he gets irritated almost immediately and refers it to the doctors. Fuck. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    NOW yous want Cliff Lee. Let's make a deal...
    DS1119 wrote:
    Joe just said the magic words and I quote "you know you get hit with a ball up the middle in the leg and you know you're going to be out 4-6 weeks before you can PROBABLY throw a baseball".

Reporter then asks about his PROBABLY comment and he gets irritated almost immediately and refers it to the doctors. Fuck. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Oh yeah, broken bones take 6 weeks to heal, he won't be throwing for 6 weeks. September at best.
    Bad day boys
    Bad day boys

Top two starters.
    NOW yous want Cliff Lee. Let's make a deal...

A bag of peanuts and a pair of balls for that bum