The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Andy's coming back on Sunday!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :D:D:D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:mrgreen:
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Good win, Nova pitched well, Ibanez with two home runs and D-Rob with the save, even if he caused a bit of a scare there.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Real good win. Tomorrow would be nice with the bug guy going Thursday against that lineup
    Granderson has got to be one of the more surprising players I can remember. Definitely my favorite non farm hand not named cc or arod
    This from River Ave Blues

Rauls 5 home runs have averaged 412 feet and would have been out in all 30 ballparks. He can get a hold of one.
    Mattingly

“It was a blessing that I didn’t get that job,” said Mattingly. “I was going through a rough time … trying to manage for the first time in New York … would have been absolutely miserable.”
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Granderson has got to be one of the more surprising players I can remember. Definitely my favorite non farm hand not named cc or arod

He reminds me of Soriano but when he first came up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Mattingly

“It was a blessing that I didn’t get that job,” said Mattingly. “I was going through a rough time … trying to manage for the first time in New York … would have been absolutely miserable.”

What was his "rough time"? I don't remember any issues he had?
    Must have been personal issues he was dealing with. I can see why being put in a situation where everybody is calling for your head all the time for the smallest things wouldn't be appealing to somebody who's got other problems to worry about.
    Some crazy shit with his ex wife and one of his sons, I believe. I'll have to look it up. Ex wife went crazy I think
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Some crazy shit with his ex wife and one of his sons, I believe. I'll have to look it up. Ex wife went crazy I think

I don't remember that at all.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Considering the personal issues he was going through with his ex wife things worked out for the best for all parties involved. That said I would love to see him replace Girardi at some point in the near future and  both of them only have one more year left on their contracts. 

Sure  the dodgers are doing great but you have to wonder at some point if new ownership decides to make a change and bring in their own people than we can bring him home where he belongs. 
    He'll be back eventually. He has a long career ahead of him.

Derek jeter
    Considering the personal issues he was going through with his ex wife things worked out for the best for all parties involved. That said I would love to see him replace Girardi at some point in the near future and  both of them only have one more year left on their contracts. 

Sure  the dodgers are doing great but you have to wonder at some point if new ownership decides to make a change and bring in their own people than we can bring him home where he belongs. 
    I've read some misgivings from Dodgers fans about problems with some of Mattingly's decision-making skills, but I suppose that's the case with every manager.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,792
    tcaporale wrote:
    Must have been personal issues he was dealing with. I can see why being put in a situation where everybody is calling for your head all the time for the smallest things wouldn't be appealing to somebody who's got other problems to worry about.

I think part of the reason he retired early.
    I miss igotid88
    Much shorter game with mo at the end of the pen, huh?
    Shit.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh mooooooooooooo where are you

what a difference eh boys?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,792
    I'm still upset over the Rangers game to be upset over this.
    I miss igotid88
    Bad loss
    Yeah, horrible loss, but I find it funny that people are talking about doing away with Robertson. Those were his first earned runs since August, give the guy a break.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Mattingly

What was his "rough time"? I don't remember any issues he had?

His ex-wife was nuts. She was arrested at his home in Indiana after showing up drunk and refusing to leave and told police that he had her cell phone. He already had a restraining order against her after she tried to kick down the door to his home. Her nutty behavior is why he spent his first year with LA as a "special assignment coach" instead of as the hitting coach.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3231587

mattingly,-kim2-1.jpg
    Why Grandma, what big eyes you have!

17 months later, his son was arrested for shoving her and spitting on her after she sent him some nasty text messages while drunk. She insulted him, his girlfriend, and Don in the messages so he drove over there to confront her.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4349282
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,924

mattingly,-kim2-1.jpg

whoa! :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    So I'm reading "The Bronx Zoo" by Sparky Lyle right now about the 78 Yankees. Great book. Billy Martin was a fucking maniac. Anyone have any good Billy Martin books to read? Definitely want to read more about this guy, but there are a ton of books on him out there.
    Number 1
    So I'm reading "The Bronx Zoo" by Sparky Lyle right now about the 78 Yankees. Great book. Billy Martin was a fucking maniac. Anyone have any good Billy Martin books to read? Definitely want to read more about this guy, but there are a ton of books on him out there.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Go to 2:40 of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJIqhgGoIM
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Gardner is having another MRI on his elbow. :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Gardner is having another MRI on his elbow. :?

Unreal