The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• No EJ please yanks should go for Oswalt this offseason blows so far do something already Cash.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    No EJ please yanks should go for Oswalt this offseason blows so far do something already Cash.

Not an advocate of doing something just to do something and getting in a bad situation. The trades so far for pitchers have been horrible and the asking prices have been too much. Get a 1 year deal and hope like hell Hamels hits the market next year.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Not happenin. Dick.
    Not happenin. Dick.

:lol: One can hope. The longer it takes this year, the more likely it is.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not happenin. Dick.

NOT HAPPENIN.
  • I agree one year is the only way to go especially with Hamels and Cain potentially available after the season.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No EJ please yanks should go for Oswalt this offseason blows so far do something already Cash.

Not an advocate of doing something just to do something and getting in a bad situation. The trades so far for pitchers have been horrible and the asking prices have been too much. Get a 1 year deal and hope like hell Hamels hits the market next year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not happenin. Dick.

NOT HAPPENIN.

I sense the nervousness
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

NOT HAPPENIN.

I sense the nervousness

Not as much nervousness as much now I've convinced myself that it's not happening and I'm standing by that statement. Because of this I don't want to look like an idiot - thought this isn't hard to do.
    I agree one year is the only way to go especially with Hamels and Cain potentially available after the season.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is no risk in a 1 year deal and I am sure they'll be able to get one of them for 1 year considering pitchers and catchers report in 37 days. Sounds like Cain may be getting close to an extension, hope not.
    Not as much nervousness as much now I've convinced myself that it's not happening and I'm standing by that statement. Because of this I don't want to look like an idiot - thought this isn't hard to do.

I hear that. That's what I did with CC this past year and it worked out alright.
    Asking price for Kuroda, Oswalt and Jackson have all dropped. Would have to imagine the Yanks will be in the mix for at least one of them.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    One of the guys on MLB Radio on XM was saying last night that his sources had Kuroda likely going to Boston. I think it was Jim Bowden who said that. Boston can have him as far as I'm concerned. He's the oldest of the bunch and even though Oswalt's never pitched in the AL either, I still trust Oswalt over Kuroda to handle a change in leagues better and I trust Oswalt to be more consistent than Jackson. Until the Dodgers moved on without him, Kuroda was saying that he didn't want to play on the east coast (and I'm pretty sure that's a big reason why he wasn't traded at the deadline last season), so I don't know how he'd handle that combined with a move to the AL.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Asking price for Kuroda, Oswalt and Jackson have all dropped. Would have to imagine the Yanks will be in the mix for at least one of them.
    One of the guys on MLB Radio on XM was saying last night that his sources had Kuroda likely going to Boston. I think it was Jim Bowden who said that. Boston can have him as far as I'm concerned. He's the oldest of the bunch and even though Oswalt's never pitched in the AL either, I still trust Oswalt over Kuroda to handle a change in leagues better and I trust Oswalt to be more consistent than Jackson. Until the Dodgers moved on without him, Kuroda was saying that he didn't want to play on the east coast (and I'm pretty sure that's a big reason why he wasn't traded at the deadline last season), so I don't know how he'd handle that combined with a move to the AL.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, Kurodas numbers will definitely jump in the AL but the guy has been about as consistent as it gets over the last 4 years. I certainly wouldn't complain if they got either of them on a 1 year deal. I'd perfer both of them over multiple years of Jackson, obviously, even though he has more potential than both.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Definitely. A 1-year deal is really all they need for a starter right now. That should give Banuelos and Betances some time to develop and hopefully fill 1 or 2 spots in 2013. By then, I'm sure they won't have Freddy Garcia and may actually be willing to eat more of AJ's contract to get rid of him and they'll know if Hughes is going to be 2010 Hughes or have to move to the bullpen--which could make for a killer bullpen even if Mo retires--Hughes, Chamberlain, Soriano (maybe), and Robertson. I would imagine Soriano would opt out of his deal if Mo retires and they decide to make Robertson the closer. He might opt out anyway if he thinks he'll get a good deal as a free agent if the market is thin enough.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, Kurodas numbers will definitely jump in the AL but the guy has been about as consistent as it gets over the last 4 years. I certainly wouldn't complain if they got either of them on a 1 year deal. I'd perfer both of them over multiple years of Jackson, obviously, even though he has more potential than both.
    Definitely. A 1-year deal is really all they need for a starter right now. That should give Banuelos and Betances some time to develop and hopefully fill 1 or 2 spots in 2013. By then, I'm sure they won't have Freddy Garcia and may actually be willing to eat more of AJ's contract to get rid of him and they'll know if Hughes is going to be 2010 Hughes or have to move to the bullpen--which could make for a killer bullpen even if Mo retires--Hughes, Chamberlain, Soriano (maybe), and Robertson. I would imagine Soriano would opt out of his deal if Mo retires and they decide to make Robertson the closer. He might opt out anyway if he thinks he'll get a good deal as a free agent if the market is thin enough.

Soriano opting out of his deal would be a good thing meaning he pitched well this year. I'm not as confident as you, but we'll see. Madson will also be on the market again next year so that's always an option if Mo leaves too. I could definitely see them eating some of AJ's contract after next year and moving him. Freeing up any AJ money and Soriano opting out would certainly line them up to sign a front line starter like Hamels. Really hoping Hughes can turn it around this year.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    So, uh, Montero-for-Pineda just happened.

My first reaction is kinda negative, was hoping they'd keep Montero, but I haven't had much time to think about it.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    WTF? Montero traded
    I miss igotid88
    Well, most people seem to think that Cashman just executed a genius trade. I don't know much about Pineda but according to some baseball writers on Twitter, he has #1 starter potential. Also, Cashman kept all of his pitching prospects in the deal, only having to part ways with Montero and Noesi. It's a case of preferring young pitching over young hitting.

Tough to see Montero go, though.
    When I saw him trending on twitter I thought this isn't gonna be good.
    I miss igotid88
  • well where would they play him, he can't be an everyday DH with all the old guys on the Yankees.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    tcaporale wrote:
    Well, most people seem to think that Cashman just executed a genius trade. I don't know much about Pineda but according to some baseball writers on Twitter, he has #1 starter potential. Also, Cashman kept all of his pitching prospects in the deal, only having to part ways with Montero and Noesi. It's a case of preferring young pitching over young hitting.

They could have sent Romine or Sanchez
    I miss igotid88
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Prince to the Yankees?? I'm just saying.
    I hope Pineda is as good as everyone says.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

They could have sent Romine or Sanchez
    They probably wouldn't have accepted the trade if Montero wasn't a part of it.
    JackCurryYES Jack Curry
    Big night for the Yankees. They have agreed to a 1-year deal with Kuroda, pending a physical. Deal will be between $10 and $11 million.
    I miss igotid88
    I was looking forward to Montero breaking records with the Yankees.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    I was looking forward to Montero breaking records with the Yankees.

they could always get him back as a free agent if he's that good in six years.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    So it's gonna be Hughes and AJ for the 5th spot?
    I miss igotid88
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    they just traded this kid for who???

after all the hype and pitchers e didn'ttrade for?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    This is going take me some time to figure out. Pineda is a stud. Young with a 1.1 whip, that doesn't come around often. Sad to see my boy go. We never got to know him.