The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    so do i...but still, gotta give him his props for this one :lol:

:|

You cant be mad at Juggs on this day, he did post that pic!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    DS1119 wrote:
    so do i...but still, gotta give him his props for this one :lol:

:|

You cant be mad at Juggs on this day, he did post that pic!

Fucker kept me from talking in the Yanks thread all day with that pic and being at work
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fucker kept me from talking in the Yanks thread all day with that pic and being at work

:lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol:
    :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Posada announcing his retirement in the next couple of weeks.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Posada announcing his retirement in the next couple of weeks.

Best thing to do for him. Can't wait to see number 20 on the wall and possibly the HOF! :thumbup: :clap:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    hip hip!

still waiting for a bernie williams day though :?

thought for sure they were going to do it in '08 before they moved across the street.
    Congrats Jorge. An all time great Yankee. Hopefully we'll see 51 and 20 retired this year. You'll be missed.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Greinke would crumble in NY. He's an excellent pitcher but he's a head case. Can you imagine how he would have handled the media attention his pre-season injury from last year would have received in NY?
    DS1119 wrote:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Greinke would crumble in NY. He's an excellent pitcher but he's a head case. Can you imagine how he would have handled the media attention his pre-season injury from last year would have received in NY?
    DS1119 wrote:
    No thanks we haev AJ burnnett already don't need another pitcher that can't pitch in NY or when it matters
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Grienke had to do his presser when he got traded to the brewers via video conferencing because he couldn't deal with the press in person.
    Great Verducci article on Posada

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... =mlb_wr_a1

I would love to have Greinke, not as an ace but he would be very good behind CC, just not at what it would take to get him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would love to have Greinke, not as an ace but he would be very good behind CC, just not at what it would take to get him.

Great, you almost made me cry at work :lol: , That's Awesome!
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hip, Hip, Jorge 8-) !
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    Hal had a meeting with Boras about Jackson. Good god, please do not let it be for more than 2 years.
    I'm not impressed with Jackson. Boras is trying to compare him to guys who are clearly better than him and he wants more money than those guys are getting. Sorry Boras, but Jackson is not as good as Mark Buehrle. Just because he's younger doesn't mean he should be getting $15 million per year.

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hal had a meeting with Boras about Jackson. Good god, please do not let it be for more than 2 years.
    I'm not impressed with Jackson. Boras is trying to compare him to guys who are clearly better than him and he wants more money than those guys are getting. Sorry Boras, but Jackson is not as good as Mark Buehrle. Just because he's younger doesn't mean he should be getting $15 million per year.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed. Jackson has really good stuff but is incredibly inconsistent, another AJ. I don't mind them signing him, as long as it is for a Ryan Madson type deal, short term, not what he is looking for. Especially with the news that the Phillies are only working on a 1 year deal with Hamels.
    Yankees signed Preston Mattingly yesterday.
    DS1119 wrote:

:D
    It's a shame none of Donnie's kids have the same skill level he had. It would be pretty cool to see a 2nd generation of Mattinglys in pinstripes.
    DS1119 wrote:

I came across this recently too, one of the Yankees sites I read posted it at some point. Thats awesome. A young Donnie.
    Sherman says the Yanks are only willing to go one year for Jackson or Kuroda. I like it. :thumbup:
    I wouldn't mind a 1-year deal for Jackson. He'll probably be better than AJ unless AJ bounces back the way Mussina did after his awful 2008 season, so they could stick AJ in a long relief role and 6th starter in case of an injury or another starter underperforming. Anything beyond 2012 is too much of a risk for Jackson, especially when there are some good pitching prospects who could fill a spot in the 2013 rotation.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sherman says the Yanks are only willing to go one year for Jackson or Kuroda. I like it. :thumbup:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I came across this recently too, one of the Yankees sites I read posted it at some point. Thats awesome. A young Donnie.

I want a Mattingly greatest hits/plays dvd.
    I miss igotid88
    I wouldn't mind a 1-year deal for Jackson. He'll probably be better than AJ unless AJ bounces back the way Mussina did after his awful 2008 season, so they could stick AJ in a long relief role and 6th starter in case of an injury or another starter underperforming. Anything beyond 2012 is too much of a risk for Jackson, especially when there are some good pitching prospects who could fill a spot in the 2013 rotation.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed, there is no risk in a 1 year contract, I would consider two years if the price was right. He'll be better than AJ, both erratic as hell though.
    It's a shame none of Donnie's kids have the same skill level he had. It would be pretty cool to see a 2nd generation of Mattinglys in pinstripes.
    DS1119 wrote:

I was surprised to learn that he was drafted in the first round in 2006. I was also surpised to learn he's 24 and still playing in Single A ball while batting .231 last year. Something tells me if his last name wasn't Mattingly he wouldn't be playing any longer.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,932
    is he at like a Pete Rose Jr. level? :? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Yankees supposedly have some interest in Oswalt and Kuroda. Between Oswalt, Kuroda, and Jackson I think I'd have to pick Oswalt on a 1-year deal. I'm sure that Jackson would give them more innings, but I think Oswalt would be mroe consistent when he pitches and would be a helpful guy to have help teach the younger pitchers and he's got a very good post-season record.