The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Wow, Kuroda as well. Good night for Cashman.

Well, the rotation doesn't seem like that much of a problem now.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is going take me some time to figure out. Pineda is a stud. Young with a 1.1 whip, that doesn't come around often. Sad to see my boy go. We never got to know him.

stud? who is he

after all these years this goes down??

i don't know who this pitcher is but he better be the 2nd coming of christ
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is going take me some time to figure out. Pineda is a stud. Young with a 1.1 whip, that doesn't come around often. Sad to see my boy go. We never got to know him.

stud? who is he

Jay Buhner called...he was laughing.
    You haven't heard of him? He was an All-Star last season.

He has #1 starter potential. I don't know if he's going to pan out exactly that way, but as long as he's solid it should be fine with the lineup he's got behind him.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    they just traded this kid for who???

after all the hype and pitchers e didn'ttrade for?

He's supposed to be a future top notch starter potential. People were saying they might get rid of Felix because Pineda would replace him.
    I miss igotid88
    From Twitter:
    Michael Pineda held right-handed hitters to a .184 opponents batting average last season, best in MLB.
    They wanted Nova but settled on Noesi.
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    Kuroda now, what in the fuck just happened?!?!
    At 22 he had a 1.1 whip, that's pretty fucking good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Kuroda now, what in the fuck just happened?!?!

I think this was a waste. Just my opinion. AJ is going to be the majors highest paid mop up man.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ok i know who he is

montero is gonna be a monster hitter

time will tell
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    No risk in a 1 year deal, ds. They know what their budget is, obviously not going to stop them from future moves since it's one year.

Early verdict is the yanks won the trade. Everyone here knows how much i liked montero, definitely very sad to see him go, but this is the kind of trade he can be given up in, a trade for a good very young pitcher they will have under control for 5 years.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No risk in a 1 year deal, ds. They know what their budget is, obviously not going to stop them from future moves since it's one year.

Early verdict is the yanks won the trade. Everyone here knows how much i liked montero, definitely very sad to see him go, but this is the kind of trade he can be given up in, a trade for a good very young pitcher they will have under control for 5 years.

And now it opens up for the signing of Pujols (too late) or Prince to fill the 1b/3b/dh rotation. :D
    Now they need a dh and have way too many pitchers.

This team just got a lot fucking better next year.
    if they were gonna get Pineda why go after Kuroda?
    I miss igotid88
  • ok i know who he is

time will tell

#2 or 3 SP > great dh

Even > when you already have dh position spoken for over the next 7 or so years.

Phenomenal trade. I do not care if Montero turns into David Ortiz

Yankees have had one of the best offenses. They lose because they lack pitching.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    igotid88 wrote:

Money to burn i guess. Nothing wrong with spending money on one year deals. Tonights developments are much more preferable to a 4 year deal for Jackson.
  • I love Montero, but I think this is a good deal. Also kinda like the Kuroda deal. He's ok, not great, but can be a very serviceable # 4 or 5. They def. had a need in the rotation. I like the 1 year part of kuroda the most. They're serious about getting under 189 million in the next few years. if they do, when they inevitably go back over the "Cap" the tax is @ 14%, not 45-50 it would be if they fail to get under for just 1 season
    ok i know who he is

time will tell

#2 or 3 SP > great dh

Even > when you already have dh position spoken for over the next 7 or so years.

Phenomenal trade. I do not care if Montero turns into David Ortiz

Yankees have had one of the best offenses. They lose because they lack pitching.

They also didn't hit last postseason. Montero only played 1 playoff game and did well. If he had played all 5 games and did just as well and the yanks advanced. Would this trade go down?
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Money to burn i guess. Nothing wrong with spending money on one year deals. Tonights developments are much more preferable to a 4 year deal for Jackson.

then trade AJ and eat up 10 million of his contract. I get the feeling they will trade him.
    I miss igotid88
    I don't think they'll trade Burnett, that contract is hard to eat up. I can't see them eating up more than $8 million, and I doubt a team will go for that. I could see them trading Hughes for a bat, but I'm not expecting another move soon.
    tcaporale wrote:
    I don't think they'll trade Burnett, that contract is hard to eat up. I can't see them eating up more than $8 million, and I doubt a team will go for that. I could see them trading Hughes for a bat, but I'm not expecting another move soon.

I hope not
    I miss igotid88
    I am really upset to see montero go. I was looking forward to watch him hit for a long time. That said, I do think this is the kind of trade you make for him.

I think this team went from a playoff contender to a world series contender in a hour. Strong rotation, fucking stacked bullpen and great offense. Can't ask for a much more balanced team.
    I hope this isn't the case since it will mean the yanks failed miserably on joba and hughes but I can see Aj and Freddy battling for the 5th spot and Hughes heading to the bullpen.

Just fucking think, the yanks rotation in 2013 and beyond could be CC and 4 legit pitchers in their 20's. fuck me thats awesome.
    I love Montero, but I think this is a good deal. Also kinda like the Kuroda deal. He's ok, not great, but can be a very serviceable # 4 or 5. They def. had a need in the rotation. I like the 1 year part of kuroda the most. They're serious about getting under 189 million in the next few years. if they do, when they inevitably go back over the "Cap" the tax is @ 14%, not 45-50 it would be if they fail to get under for just 1 season

I think Kuroda is better than a 4 or 5. As I said, his numbers are going to jump in the AL but he has been about as consistent as a pitcher gets since he came to the US.

YANKS GOT SOME PITCHING DEPTH, believe it or not.
    Carlos Pena now? I fucking hate him and his .200 average but dude gets on base and hits home runs.

Imagine Fielder. Offer 2/$50 mil and see what happens...Get below the $189 mil by 2014.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Carlos Pena now? I fucking hate him and his .200 average but dude gets on base and hits home runs.

Imagine Fielder. Offer 2/$50 mil and see what happens...Get below the $189 mil by 2014.

Pena...ehhh! Prince yeah!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    They better win the World Series this year, otherwise I'm going to be very pissed off about them trading away Montero. They wouldn't accept trades that included Montero before, but now they do. Makes no sense to me. This Pineda kid better deliver this year.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

stud? who is he

Jay Buhner called...he was laughing.
    Did someone say Jay Buhner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwSxqnRW-8
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful