The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Say what you will about Arod but that dude is a smart fucking baseball player. Hearing him talk about that Lidge at bat and how he attacked him is just awesome.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Say what you will about Arod but that dude is a smart fucking baseball player. Hearing him talk about that Lidge at bat and how he attacked him is just awesome.

Or Damon's heads-up to advance to third because Brad doesn't know his responsibility.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Or Damon's heads-up to advance to third because Brad doesn't know his responsibility.

Yeah, the only time I have ever seen that. I was so confused (as everyone was) as it was happening.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, the only time I have ever seen that. I was so confused (as everyone was) as it was happening.

Lidge more than anyone.
    Lidge more than anyone.

This is true.
    Yep, that was fucking awesome. I love that team. What a fun year. The first year of the new stadium, the new guys, the walk offs, everything was just awesome.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm sure every Yankee fan was saying, "what the fuck is Damon doing?"
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cashman has become very talkative the last few years, it was very funny when he challenged Bobby Valentine to rappel the building in Stamford next year.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cashman has become very talkative the last few years, it was very funny when he challenged Bobby Valentine to rappel the building in Stamford next year.

Yeah, man. He definitely has it seems. I like it. I would imagine it has to do with George not being around anymore and Hal running things differently and just being more comfortable with his position and power. It's great though. He seems like a pretty cool dude.
  • From NYPost
    Yankee star Derek Jeter, one of New York’s most eligible hunks since his split with longtime gal pal Minka Kelly, is bedding a bevy of beauties in his Trump World Tower bachelor pad — and then coldly sending them home alone with gift baskets of autographed memorabilia.

The Yank captain’s wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am kiss-offs came to light when he mistakenly pulled the stunt twice on the same woman — forgetting she had been an earlier conquest, a pal told The Post.

“Derek has girls stay with him at his apartment in New York, and then he gets them a car to take them home the next day. Waiting in his car is a gift basket containing signed Jeter memorabilia, usually a signed baseball,” the friend dished.

“This summer, he ended up hooking up with a girl who he had hooked up with once before, but Jeter seemed to have forgotten about the first time and gave her the same identical parting gift, a gift basket with a signed Derek Jeter baseball,” the pal said.

“He basically gave her the same gift twice because he’d forgotten hooking up with her the first time!”

Jeter, who fiercely guards his privacy to protect his All-American image and multimillion-dollar marketability, split with the gorgeous actress Kelly this summer and has been playing the field ever since.
    The veteran shortstop usually shies away from the limelight, preferring stay-at-home parties with a tight circle of trusted friends.

“He normally doesn’t go out with girls. He will have them come to his house. He’ll have cocktail parties. His friends invite girls they think he’ll be interested in. He’s very shy,” another friend explained.

“He’ll occasionally take girls to a restaurant. He has a couple of restaurants that he goes to that aren’t trendy,” the friend said.
    “He goes to Nino’s in New York. He used to go to Mustang Grill on the Upper East Side. I know he’s been dating multiple girls. He likes a hole in the wall, or he likes a place that his friends own. He’s very cautious. He’ll only go out on off-nights,” the friend said.

Afterward, Jeter sneaks the beauties home for some heavy hitting.

“The girls go through the back-door entrance in the Trump World Tower to avoid the paparazzi,” the pal said. “He broke up with Minka in the summer and is definitely over her. He is playing the field.”

And while the parting gift may seem cold, signed Jeter memorabilia sell like hotcakes on the Internet, with an autographed baseball fetching hundreds and even thousands of dollars.

Neither the Yankees nor Jeter’s reps immediately returned messages for comment.
    God bless Derek Jeter. This is the greatest thing I have ever read. He is quite possibly my favorite human being in the world. God bless him.
  • just a guess here, but whoever that friend that told the post that, probably won't be a friend much longer.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    From NYPost
    Yankee star Derek Jeter, one of New York’s most eligible hunks since his split with longtime gal pal Minka Kelly, is bedding a bevy of beauties in his Trump World Tower bachelor pad — and then coldly sending them home alone with gift baskets of autographed memorabilia.

The Yank captain’s wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am kiss-offs came to light when he mistakenly pulled the stunt twice on the same woman — forgetting she had been an earlier conquest, a pal told The Post.

“Derek has girls stay with him at his apartment in New York, and then he gets them a car to take them home the next day. Waiting in his car is a gift basket containing signed Jeter memorabilia, usually a signed baseball,” the friend dished.

“This summer, he ended up hooking up with a girl who he had hooked up with once before, but Jeter seemed to have forgotten about the first time and gave her the same identical parting gift, a gift basket with a signed Derek Jeter baseball,” the pal said.

“He basically gave her the same gift twice because he’d forgotten hooking up with her the first time!”

Jeter, who fiercely guards his privacy to protect his All-American image and multimillion-dollar marketability, split with the gorgeous actress Kelly this summer and has been playing the field ever since.
    The veteran shortstop usually shies away from the limelight, preferring stay-at-home parties with a tight circle of trusted friends.

“He normally doesn’t go out with girls. He will have them come to his house. He’ll have cocktail parties. His friends invite girls they think he’ll be interested in. He’s very shy,” another friend explained.

“He’ll occasionally take girls to a restaurant. He has a couple of restaurants that he goes to that aren’t trendy,” the friend said.
    “He goes to Nino’s in New York. He used to go to Mustang Grill on the Upper East Side. I know he’s been dating multiple girls. He likes a hole in the wall, or he likes a place that his friends own. He’s very cautious. He’ll only go out on off-nights,” the friend said.

“The girls go through the back-door entrance in the Trump World Tower to avoid the paparazzi,” the pal said. “He broke up with Minka in the summer and is definitely over her. He is playing the field.”

And while the parting gift may seem cold, signed Jeter memorabilia sell like hotcakes on the Internet, with an autographed baseball fetching hundreds and even thousands of dollars.

Derek Jeter's got an Edge :lol:
  • just heard Lou Piniella will be joining YES
    From NYPost

Derek Jeter's got an Edge :lol:
    :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    just heard Lou Piniella will be joining YES

Do we have the most announcers?
    I miss igotid88
  • Well today's the day we find out who won the bidding for darvish. Yu have to think despite the rhetoric the yanks are going to make a serious bid for this guy.
    Well today's the day we find out who won the bidding for darvish. Yu have to think despite the rhetoric the yanks are going to make a serious bid for this guy.

Bids are due today, don't think we'll find anything out until Sunday or Monday. I am hoping they do. River Ave Blues had a good update on his scouting report.

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/12/an-inf ... ish-60935/
  • I love the last line about how neither Jeter's reps nor the team responded to their messages about this. What did the author expect, a statement clarifying that sometimes there's a signed baseball AND a signed picture waiting for the girl but only if she's REALLY REALLY hot?
    From NYPost

I repeat, God Bless Derek Jeter. Greatest story I have ever read.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    +1 Jeter is a God
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    +1 Jeter is a God

A true American hero. A fucking signed baseball after he sends chicks on their way. Dude has it pretty good, not many people that can get away with that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    +1 Jeter is a God

A true American hero. A fucking signed baseball after he sends chicks on their way. Dude has it pretty good, not many people that can get away with that.
    Agreed. No wonder he's my favorite baseball player of all-time and a hero of mine.
    April 15th I am really hoping the Yanks/Angels game is the night game. Mets play the Phillies that day too but I bet with Pujols and all, the Yanks game will definitely be at 8. If so. Knicks/Heat at 1 at the Garden then Yankee Stadium for the Yanks/Angels. That is going to be a good day. That could very well be right before a flight to San Francisco for the week and most likely a Giants/Phillies game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    just heard Lou Piniella will be joining YES
    you can never have too many announcers with annoying high pitched voices.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    A very in depth look at the savings and outcomes of a decreased payroll. This makes me pretty nervous. I just have a hard time seeing it with how much money they make

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/12/the-18 ... f-2-61018/

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/12/the-18 ... f-2-61054/
    Buster Olney says the Yankees didn't bid. Motherfucker. They are serious about this payroll reduction, it seems. God damn it.

Edit: I lied. They did bid. MLBTR originally read his tweet wrong. Fingers crossed.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Buster Olney says the Yankees didn't bid. Motherfucker. They are serious about this payroll reduction, it seems. God damn it.

Edit: I lied. They did bid. MLBTR originally read his tweet wrong. Fingers crossed.

So looks like it comes down to the Yankees, Jays, Texas, Seattle, Nats and Cubs.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

So looks like it comes down to the Yankees, Jays, Texas, Seattle, Nats and Cubs.

Seems that way. Texas is crying poor and I don't think they even made an offer to Wilson so who knows how involved they are of if they are just bullshitting. I know Daniels scouted himself a couple times.

I am really hoping the Yanks win. He would add a lot of depth to their young pitchers on a reasonable contract. The posting fee is nothing to the Yankees. Banuelos, Betances, Noesi, Nova and Darvish would be a very strong crop of young pitching to have.

Edit: Not terribly confident. There's a report that the Hippon Ham Fighters are very happy with the bid and there is a report the Yanks bid was "not huge" and that it was a last minute thing after a meeting today.

Edit: Sounding like they didn't get him. Heyman says the bid was "sky high" and that the yankees bid was "modest"