The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Cubs moving closer to signing Kerry Wood

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/david-k ... -wood.html
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    The Yanks aren't going to sign Kerry Wood?

What the hell are they even doing this offseason?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    tcaporale wrote:
    The Yanks aren't going to sign Kerry Wood?

What the hell are they even doing this offseason?

I have to say, this is the Most baffeling of anything they have or haven't done this off season.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    walked by mo at the game tonight..big fucking hands
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    So now Wood now signs for less than what the Yankees were asked to offer.
    I miss igotid88
    :lol::lol:
    Did you ever see the one about Conan and Jay?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Newch91 wrote:

Yeah, I've seen it used for a bunch of stuff. And it's funny in any context every time.
    Newch91 wrote:

Yeah, I've seen it used for a bunch of stuff. And it's funny in any context every time.
    It definitely is.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    igotid88 wrote:
    So now Wood now signs for less than what the Yankees were asked to offer.

Dude wanted to go back to the Cubs, can't knock him for that.
    Feliciano. LIke the signing, hate the deal. Releivers are getting crazy money this offseason.
    Grienke to the Brewers.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    tcaporale wrote:
    Grienke to the Brewers.

joe blanton is available. tell cashman to give ruben amaro a call. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • tcaporale wrote:
    Grienke to the Brewers.

Wasn't he already traded for a DD Coffee ??

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    tcaporale wrote:
    Grienke to the Brewers.

he is spineless anyway...could never handle it here
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    tcaporale wrote:
    Grienke to the Brewers.

Even Cashman won't pay Blanton $8.5 a year for 2 years.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Grienke to the Brewers.

he is spineless anyway...could never handle it here

No one knows that. I wanted Greinke as bad as anyone but the Yanks were not going to try and match that offer. Kind of crazy the Yanks have some flexibility.
    I had mixed feelings about Grienke.

I mean, it was probably worth a shot, but he kind of took a step back last season, and if he threw a couple of bad games in a row, I don't know how he would handle the New York press hounding him with questions.

Still, I would really like to know what Cashman plans on doing the rest of this offseason.
    I would like to see some of our young arms in 2012.
    I miss igotid88
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:
    Grienke to the Brewers.

Even Cashman won't pay Blanton $8.5 a year for 2 years.

for some reason philly fans hate blanton. I don't get it. I still think that is a great contract for an NL team. Not so much in the AL East.

I think the phils are in a good spot with blanton...as long as amaro doesn't overplay his hand
    According to Heyman, the Yankees could have had Greinke for Montero and Nunez. I guess the Yankees didn't think he is a good fit for New York. I have mixed feelings.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    According to Heyman, the Yankees could have had Greinke for Montero and Nunez. I guess the Yankees didn't think he is a good fit for New York. I have mixed feelings.

We already have one right handed head case in NY, I guess two was out of the question
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

He would've been awesome there. This will come back to haunt them.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I read a really good article about Monteros value over the next 6 years compared to Greinkes over the next 2, even though I would imagine he would be there for longer. It was good and swayed me a bit towards keeping Montero. I really wanted Greinke though, still have mixed feelings I guess.

Looks like it is going to be a shaky year for the rotation. I really hope Pettitte comes back. If he does I am somewhat fine with the rotation.

The Yanks payroll is under $180 mil, so they definitely have room to make some additions. First time in a long time they have flexibility.
    igotid88 wrote:

We will definitely be seeing some of the kids this year now, probably not till mid season. I think Brackman is the only definite one to see big league innings but I would not be suprised to see either Betances or Banuelos get called up if they kill it in triple a.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

We will definitely be seeing some of the kids this year now, probably not till mid season. I think Brackman is the only definite one to see big league innings but I would not be suprised to see either Betances or Banuelos get called up if they kill it in triple a.

we signed a kid from long island yesterday?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I read a really good article about Monteros value over the next 6 years compared to Greinkes over the next 2, even though I would imagine he would be there for longer. It was good and swayed me a bit towards keeping Montero. I really wanted Greinke though, still have mixed feelings I guess.

Looks like it is going to be a shaky year for the rotation. I really hope Pettitte comes back. If he does I am somewhat fine with the rotation.

The Yanks payroll is under $180 mil, so they definitely have room to make some additions. First time in a long time they have flexibility.

keith law compared montero to frank thomas. if I was a yanks fan, that's a pretty good reason to justify keeping him (assuming they agree with that premise)

everyone is going crazy for the red sox. they certainly had a solid offseason with the gonzalez/crawford moves...but they still have questions in their rotation too (beckett, lackey, dice-k)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

we signed a kid from long island yesterday?

haha. Yeah. From Hanks Yanks team. Pretty bizarre.