The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I guess it's a good thing CC said he would not opt out after his 3rd year. Although that could change.
    I miss igotid88
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Dare I say it........Carl Pavano???
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Dare I say it........Carl Pavano???
    :lol::lol::lol:

Press would have a feild day. Why not.

p.s. Fuck Cliff Lee
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    listen to this...the red sox agreed to take blanton from the philles to make room

baseball can be a shady sport boy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Well I'm sad to see NY didnt get Lee, but it is nice to know there is a premier player out there who does not just follow the $$$.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    listen to this...the red sox agreed to take blanton from the philles to make room

:cry::cry::mrgreen:

i heard it is not finalized yet though.....man tough time to be a yanks fan eh?
    www.myspace.com
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Hmmm next year might be a long year.

oh and Carl Pavano is not an option in my opinion. It would be like Deja Vu all over again but with Pavano this time instead of Vazquez
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22

not at all .. after the changes in my life the last month or so its kinda on the far back burner

they fucked up not getting the trade done in july
    and once a free agent doesn't accept an offer from the yanks in a day or so..he isn't coming

he is a hick from arkansas who didn't want to pitch here.. god bless
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

not at all .. after the changes in my life the last month or so its kinda on the far back burner

they fucked up not getting the trade done in july
    and once a free agent doesn't accept an offer from the yanks in a day or so..he isn't coming

he is a hick from arkansas who didn't want to pitch here.. god bless

haha....finally went forward with that sex change then? proud of you kid ;):lol: ...only kidding. there's always trades you can make i guess.
    www.myspace.com
    and ill tell ya another thing yanks fans...montero better be the 2nd coming of jesus christ
  • I think a lot of it was playing for good-old-boy Cholly instead of playing for Girardi and his binder.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I think a lot of it was playing for good-old-boy Cholly instead of playing for Girardi and his binder.
    Great...another 3 years with that binder. :roll:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • listen to this...the red sox agreed to take blanton from the philles to make room

Fat Joe will fit in well with all those Chowda Heads !

Sorry NY..Lee treated you guys like a Cheap F*ckin Suit !

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I have to admit, we're getting our asses kicked this offseason.
    anyone know the address/contact info for those guys who harrassed lee's wife? i wanna send them a christmas present. pm me...thanks
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    anyone know the address/contact info for those guys who harrassed lee's wife? i wanna send them a christmas present. pm me...thanks
    :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • anyone know the address/contact info for those guys who harrassed lee's wife? i wanna send them a christmas present. pm me...thanks

Yeah, it was Roger Clemen's wife. And I think she lives in the maintenance shed in Yankee stadium.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

How is Lee not pissed at Philly as well? the guy brings you back to a World Series, wins his two starts, probably would won in game 7 and the next year, you chuck'em, basically tell him, Roy H is better, he's the guy we want, adios. And like a beaten house wife, this schmuck goes back to ya's. Fuckin Baffling.

How is Lee not pissed at Philly as well? the guy brings you back to a World Series, wins his two starts, probably would won in game 7 and the next year, you chuck'em, basically tell him, Roy H is better, he's the guy we want, adios. And like a beaten house wife, this schmuck goes back to ya's. Fuckin Baffling.

Business is business. And now they have Roy Hallday AND Clif Lee. Yeah, I know, wrap your head around THAT.
    It's like having David Cone and Roger Clemens at the same time, with a side of Andy & El-Duque.
    Well, we'll deal with ya in the the Series.
    It's like having David Cone and Roger Clemens at the same time, with a side of Andy & El-Duque.

Ehhhhh nah, it's like having Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee with a side of Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels. Leaps and bounds. :thumbup:

Ehhhhh nah, it's like having Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee with a side of Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels. Leaps and bounds. :thumbup:

We won a few rings with those guys

We won a few rings with those guys

We? That's impressive of you.
    Hey, if hadn't worn my Jersey, and drank nothing but Ice Tea out of my Yankee Mug, and sat in just right spot on my couch AND got up and paced back and forth the same 15 steps when we were pitching...

Well i think you can see, I Played no small part. :mrgreen:
  • How is Lee not pissed at Philly as well? the guy brings you back to a World Series, wins his two starts, probably would won in game 7 and the next year, you chuck'em, basically tell him, Roy H is better, he's the guy we want, adios. And like a beaten house wife, this schmuck goes back to ya's. Fuckin Baffling.

He must've caught wind of the huge uproar in the Phils' fanbase over this trade. Amaro was raked over the coals to no end. All the Phils had to say was "sorry, we fucked up." He knew the fans didn't trade him.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Hey, if hadn't worn my Jersey, and drank nothing but Ice Tea out of my Yankee Mug, and sat in just right spot on my couch AND got up and paced back and forth the same 15 steps when we were pitching...

ice tea?
    www.myspace.com
  • Hey, if hadn't worn my Jersey, and drank nothing but Ice Tea out of my Yankee Mug, and sat in just right spot on my couch AND got up and paced back and forth the same 15 steps when we were pitching...

ice tea?
    He's from Long Island...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I love how the world is over now that Lee chose a different team. This team won 95 games last year with a bunch of awful years from important players.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I love how the world is over now that Lee chose a different team. This team won 95 games last year with a bunch of awful years from important players.

good point Cliffy.
    I have actually been more concerned about middle relief. Any improvements there?

ice tea?

It worked didn't it?