The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    igotid88 wrote:
    something tells he Pettitte will come back in June instead of April.

That's what I am thinking. Hopefully May though. Let's just hope Waldman can keep it under control this time.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    tcaporale wrote:
    Apparently the Yanks are going for Justin Duchscherer now?

Looks like all of the potential starters they're looking into have had injury problems the last few years.

There's gotta be someone who's healthy out there.

I was gonna post this. He is pretty good if healthy.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    Newch91 wrote:
    Imagine if Pryor does great in the minors, gets called up, and has a resurgence in his career and dominates in the majors.
    imagine me with bill gates' money, brad pitt looks and a ron jeremy schlong.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    igotid88 wrote:

Why? whada know?
    Um....so the Yanks just brought a garbage truck full of money to Soriano. Not sure I get the 3 years but wow.
    And now this opens another gigantic question. What in gods name is Jobas role on this team? 7th inning? Trade bait? Doubt anyone here will agree with me but I hope they give him a shot at the rotation this year. Otherwise they have to trade him.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And now this opens another gigantic question. What in gods name is Jobas role on this team? 7th inning? Trade bait? Doubt anyone here will agree with me but I hope they give him a shot at the rotation this year. Otherwise they have to trade him.
    Yeah...they're most likely going to have him in the rotation.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Nice! Screw it we got the $$$.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah...they're most likely going to have him in the rotation.

Only option. He has no value in the bullpen. I like it if it means he has a shot at the rotation. I mean the bullpen is already strong with robertson, feliciano, soriano and mo. Give Joba another shot at the rotation.
    Nice! Screw it we got the $$$.

Heyman says they still have $20 million to spend on this season :lol::lol::lol:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    igotid88 wrote:

Why? whada know?

just a gut feeling. don't know anything for a fact.
    I miss igotid88
    The Fixer wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:
    Apparently the Yanks are going for Justin Duchscherer now?

Looks like all of the potential starters they're looking into have had injury problems the last few years.

There's gotta be someone who's healthy out there.

I was gonna post this. He is pretty good if healthy.

Huge if
    igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Why? whada know?

just a gut feeling. don't know anything for a fact.

hey i'll take it man
    I repeat. Move Joba back to the rotation now.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really?!
    He scares me. I think he was lucky those first few years.
    But then again, you are the Yankee guru! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really?!

He is useless in the bullpen now. He won't touch the 8th inning and depending on matchups he might not touch the 7th inning. Give him a shot at the rotation or trade him. Nothing else to do. He's only 26, he still has a lot of time to develop. Yankees have an extremely strong bullpen with out without him and a pretty weak rotation, give him a shot.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,778
    WOW!! $35 MIL for Soriano? For a non-closer? I guess thats what one good year gets you. Good for Soriano, as the Yanks have the $$$$$$$.

Not sure Chamberlain is made for the long haul(starter). I think he'll get exposed as a starter.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really?!

He is useless in the bullpen now. He won't touch the 8th inning and depending on matchups he might not touch the 7th inning. Give him a shot at the rotation or trade him. Nothing else to do. He's only 26, he still has a lot of time to develop. Yankees have an extremely strong bullpen with out without him and a pretty weak rotation, give him a shot.

Joba-W.W.E., whada think? how much will Vince gives us?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really?!

yeah, I can see that. more I think about it, didnt he get better after he warmed up for an inning or two?
    I guess that would render him useless in the pen if he needs an inning to warm up and feel the zone.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Really?!

Joba-W.W.E., whada think? how much will Vince gives us?

haha, I can see him with a black mask and pink jumpsuit! :D
    what if they trade Robertson instead?
    I miss igotid88
    yeah, I can see that. more I think about it, didnt he get better after he warmed up for an inning or two?
    I guess that would render him useless in the pen if he needs an inning to warm up and feel the zone.

haha, yeah. They had him throw a simulated inning in the bullpen before games. I always wanted him in the rotation. I don't think you put someone with that good stuff in the bullpen to start their career. Give him a shot at the rotation and if it doesn't work, oh well.
    igotid88 wrote:

Good question. Didn't think about it. Think Joba will fetch a lot more in a trade though, he has 4 pitches and is still young and has a lot more potential.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, yeah. They had him throw a simulated inning in the bullpen before games. I always wanted him in the rotation. I don't think you put someone with that good stuff in the bullpen to start their career. Give him a shot at the rotation and if it doesn't work, oh well.

Hey Cliffy, btw, Idont know if I ever said (if it was you), thanks for posting that minor league summary report. was that you?! it was awesome. i forwarded that to a few of my pals. I wonder if its too soon to say, but what do you expect to see from those prospects this year? come on spring!...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Good question. Didn't think about it. Think Joba will fetch a lot more in a trade though, he has 4 pitches and is still young and has a lot more potential.

i thought his stock went down. I would like to see him get another chance at starting. But didn't he lose like 5 or 6mph on his fastball when he was starting.
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hey Cliffy, btw, Idont know if I ever said (if it was you), thanks for posting that minor league summary report. was that you?! it was awesome. i forwarded that to a few of my pals. I wonder if its too soon to say, but what do you expect to see from those prospects this year? come on spring!...

The Fixer (from the Phillies thread) posts a lot of minor league stuff and adds to this thread. I have definitely posted some minor league stuff but if it was a full report, chances are it was him. We will defintely see some of them this year, no doubt. Montero will start the year in Triple A but I assume will be up mid season (especially since Romine needs time in Triple A), depending on how Martin plays. I think Brackman will be up this year as well. I think Becantes and Banuelos will probably stick in Triple A for this year. Going to be a lot of fun seeing these kids come up.

The whole world is obviously excited for Montero, but I am really excited for Brackman, I think he has a real shot to be a front end starter.
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

i thought his stock went down. I would like to see him get another chance at starting. But didn't he lose like 5 or 6mph on his fastball when he was starting.

Yeah, I mean his stock is definitely down, but the guy still has a shit load of potential. He definitely lost velocity when starting, but any pitcher would. You are talking 100-120 pitches vs. 20-30. If he can learn how to "pitch" a bit better he will be just fine. As a starter with his other pitches all he needs is a 93 mph fast ball and not 96-97, as long as he can get more consistent with his other stuff.

I love this signing if it means he goes back to the rotation, although Chad Jennings is saying they haven't talked about moving him back to the rotation (keep in mind he also said he wasn't losing his draft pick).
    edited January 2011
    The Yankees did pay way to much for Soriano but the dude had better numbers than Mo last year. If he has a great year, there's a good chance he opts out and the Yanks get that pick back.

Plus as BinuralJam said, they have the money to spend.

Edit: And I was reading a lot of people had a problem with giving the Rays so many picks (they now have 9 before the 2nd round starts in a loaded draft), but I just read a good point that they were going to get them from somewhere since Soriano was eventually going to sign and he has a lot more value to the Yankees than a draft pick.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Yankees did pay way to much for Soriano but the dude had better numbers than Mo last year. If he has a great year, there's a good chance he opts out and the Yanks get that pick back.

he wasn't that much better than Mo. And it's a 40 year old vs a 31 year old.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he wasn't that much better than Mo. And it's a 40 year old vs a 31 year old.

I am not criticizing Mo, their numbers were basically identical. Point is, the Yanks now have possibly the 2 best closers in the game in their bullpen. Plus as you said, Mo is 40, so it can't hurt to have some insurance, even though the dude is Superman. It's just a lot of money to pay a reliver not named Rivera. Like I said, I am find with it. They clearly have the money and Cashman obviously knows their budget better than we do.