Options

*** Philadelphia 4 Fanviews Here 10/31/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else believe they played Whip It due to the many folks saying The Fixer sounded like it...that is was a rip-off??
    It is got some that sounds like it, not the fixer.... And why do you think they immediately followed whip it with got some?---> They are aware...

of course they are aware....i knew that the second i heard about it...and i still don't care that i missed it leaving early...i got HOLD ON on Friday....that shit made my year!!!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Anybody know the approximate time when these things will hit the boots section?
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Is it just me or does anyone else believe they played Whip It due to the many folks saying The Fixer sounded like it...that is was a rip-off??
    It is got some that sounds like it, not the fixer.... And why do you think they immediately followed whip it with got some?---> They are aware...
    It's not Whip It that sounds like Got some. It's Gut Feeling, but more people know Whip It, so that would make a cooler cover than Gut Feeling to get everyone up and laughing.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Anybody know the approximate time when these things will hit the boots section?

not soon enough :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    Still going through withdrawl.....truley religous experience. Life Changing.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Hard to say this was the best show ever, because the crowd was DEAD!, after the main set, from section 319A, you could hear a pin drop, the WS def. played it's part in this. However, it was a FUN show, filled with rareities, and 41 songs? 3.5 hrs? Aw heck, it still was a great show.

For me it was what was the signature moment? BUGS? SWEET LEW? OUT OF MY MIND? Or was it WHIP IT?
    Ed's glasses? Ed dribbling the basketball before Sweet Lew? ANyhow, very enjoyable and great way to close out the Spectrum. Thanks Pearl Jam for another great experience....

Christopher

I'm with you on this...while the show was a lot of fun, i didn't think it was the "epic" show of the tour...i enjoyed hearing the random Bugs and Sweet Lew, but was MORE thrilled to hear Ghost, Immortality, No Way, etc during the other nights :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    Hard to say this was the best show ever, because the crowd was DEAD!, after the main set, from section 319A, you could hear a pin drop, the WS def. played it's part in this. However, it was a FUN show, filled with rareities, and 41 songs? 3.5 hrs? Aw heck, it still was a great show.

For me it was what was the signature moment? BUGS? SWEET LEW? OUT OF MY MIND? Or was it WHIP IT?
    Ed's glasses? Ed dribbling the basketball before Sweet Lew? ANyhow, very enjoyable and great way to close out the Spectrum. Thanks Pearl Jam for another great experience....

Christopher

I'm with you on this...while the show was a lot of fun, i didn't think it was the "epic" show of the tour...i enjoyed hearing the random Bugs and Sweet Lew, but was MORE thrilled to hear Ghost, Immortality, No Way, etc during the other nights :-)

Disagree...
    Forget the crowd. I can't think of another set list that mixed the favorites and rare ones better than this show EVER!! Please find a better set list....good luck
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    WWS wrote:

Disagree...
    Forget the crowd. I can't think of another set list that mixed the favorites and rare ones better than this show EVER!! Please find a better set list....good luck

um...ok??? Done. I happen to have enjoyed the setlist from night 1 more because i heard songs that I wanted to hear. I really had no desire to hear Bugs. I prefer Ghost to Bugs, and Immortality to Sweet Lew. Oh and for night 3, I got HOLD ON, which was my one song that I never thought I'd hear
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    who got ledbetter with a jimi national anthem ending?
  • Options
    Hey Hinn, who in G2 escaped? Hit me Monday and DirtyLittleTom went down for the count today. Everyone I've talked to has been half past dead all week. But it sure as hell was worth it, LOL.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Hey Hinn, who in G2 escaped? Hit me Monday and DirtyLittleTom went down for the count today. Everyone I've talked to has been half past dead all week. But it sure as hell was worth it, LOL.

Hit me Monday (just a cold). Just starting to feel better today. Its the curse of G2! LOL
    Or its that damn HUGE beer bottle ECM was passing around. :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    It's not Whip It that sounds like Got some. It's Gut Feeling, but more people know Whip It, so that would make a cooler cover than Gut Feeling to get everyone up and laughing.

I understand much more clearly now! Whipt it, to me, sounds NOTHING like Got Some. I was really confused... Thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options

Hit me Monday (just a cold). Just starting to feel better today. Its the curse of G2! LOL
    Or its that damn HUGE beer bottle ECM was passing around. :)
    I swigged the last of that down from the bottle- what IS that thing? I presume Sandra is fine, since she's cool with coming out for post-Philly lunch on Sunday. Maybe us across the pond are just more used to the griminess of all these germs and have a better immune system :P
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Oh yes!!! I was completely mistaken! I watched the Gut Feeling video shortly after the concert- not being a Devo fan, didnt know exactly what everyone was refering to. Thank you!!!! I am sloooow!!! Way to correct me before I completely made an ass outta myself!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419

Eh... while I am as patriotic as the next guy, I personally HATE when Mike adds the SSB to YL.

Its a rock concert and I want the last notes in my ears to be Pearl Jam not the national anthem. To me, it totally kills the energy at the show when he breaks into it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    youngvedderyoungvedder Canada Posts: 102
    here are a few links to videos I did..both in HD and the sound is actually pretty good.

I was located in the 316's, so the angle is not the best..

bugs (first attempt): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hIeHFNwCDc
    Out Of My Mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfdy2BhskxI

more to come..

Yv
    8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    here are a few links to videos I did..both in HD and the sound is actually pretty good.

I was located in the 316's, so the angle is not the best..

bugs (first attempt): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hIeHFNwCDc
    Out Of My Mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfdy2BhskxI

more to come..

Yv
    Thank you- really enjoyed - I thought the angle was good especially for dance viewing :P
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Wow, the chilly reaction to the Tom Tomorrow mention wasn't just my imagination. Yikes.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Youngvedder--Yeah... that really is good footage, and great audio. I do my vids with a Canon point & shoot, and I'm worried about upgrading because the audio is sooooo good... blows away the Nikon. What are you using?

That aside, here is my 'little' YouTube montage of highlights from the night: Pearl Jam Closing THE Spectrum 31 OCT 2009 NSFW. A bit long at 10min, but what do you expect with over 3.5hrs of stage time? Yeah... mostly Eddie Vedder, but Mike McCready, Matt Cameron, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard & Boom Gaspar are all along for the ride. Includes rumors, gabbing, jamming, Charlie The Stagehand, Series score, and rarities like Out Of My Mind, Bugs and Sweet Lew. Enjoy... I certainly did.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    BFLBFL Posts: 21
    That aside, here is my 'little' YouTube montage of highlights from the night: Pearl Jam Closing THE Spectrum 31 OCT 2009 NSFW. Enjoy... I certainly did.

Thanks for this - a great little retrospective!
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:

Eh... while I am as patriotic as the next guy, I personally HATE when Mike adds the SSB to YL.

Its a rock concert and I want the last notes in my ears to be Pearl Jam not the national anthem. To me, it totally kills the energy at the show when he breaks into it.
    Not being American, I would've much, much preferred Little Wing (with vocals) ahead of SSB, but since this place is sposed to be 'America's showroom', fair enough.
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

Not being American, I would've much, much preferred Little Wing (with vocals) ahead of SSB, but since this place is sposed to be 'America's showroom', fair enough.

i think as an ending for the spectrum...most definitely fitting, tho i too from a personal preference pov would be all for little wing too! ssb just 'felt right' for the occasion tho, absolutely! well done pj!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    [/quote]
    i think as an ending for the spectrum...most definitely fitting, tho i too from a personal preference pov would be all for little wing too! ssb just 'felt right' for the occasion tho, absolutely! well done pj![/quote]

There wasn't much, if any thing, they did wrong all week long. I was pumped for these shows and they came in here and rocked out with so much love and ENERGY, it was amazing.

I love how Ed knows what's going on in the city, where ever they play and even mentioned the potential union strike on Tuesday night. We got that strike now, thank God it didn't happen when you were all in town.

I just said to my co-worker, even as tired as I still am after PJ and baseball playoffs this past month, I wish it was last weekend ALL OVER AGAIN.
  • Options
    I wish it was last weekend ALL OVER AGAIN.

:thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I try not to look back too often, but I have to agree. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    I try not to look back too often, but I have to agree. :)

makes much more sense to live in the present tense. ;)

but you bet, i wouldn't mind that.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    The smile, the high, it's still hanging around after a week, but...

I really, really miss youse all.
  • Options
    youngvedderyoungvedder Canada Posts: 102
    Youngvedder--Yeah... that really is good footage, and great audio. I do my vids with a Canon point & shoot, and I'm worried about upgrading because the audio is sooooo good... blows away the Nikon. What are you using?

That aside, here is my 'little' YouTube montage of highlights from the night: Pearl Jam Closing THE Spectrum 31 OCT 2009 NSFW. A bit long at 10min, but what do you expect with over 3.5hrs of stage time? Yeah... mostly Eddie Vedder, but Mike McCready, Matt Cameron, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard & Boom Gaspar are all along for the ride. Includes rumors, gabbing, jamming, Charlie The Stagehand, Series score, and rarities like Out Of My Mind, Bugs and Sweet Lew. Enjoy... I certainly did.

Thx, I use a panasonic DMC-Zse point and shoot hd cam....love it....im uploading more now:
    pilate, I'm open, INtro, yellowledbetter (cut) check my youtube in an hour.

Yv
    8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • Options
    I just said to my co-worker, even as tired as I still am after PJ and baseball playoffs this past month, I wish it was last weekend ALL OVER AGAIN.

Funny, because tonite at supper I was telling my wife, "Last week at this time we had been driving seven hours already and we were only halfway to Philly."
    She said,"Yeah but I'd do it again tomorrow if we had the chance."
    I was telling our son tonite about Jeff's performance of Sweet Lew. I can see this story being retold for many years to come. He's prolly gonna get sick of hearing about it from me, so I hope the boot comes out soon.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Options
    lil write up and some nice pics...
    http://www.jambase.com/Articles/20348/P ... y-Spectrum
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011