Options

*** Philadelphia 4 Fanviews Here 10/31/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the spectrum floors and staris were dangerous. i took extra precaution when climbing stairs or even just walking around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    people are freaking out a bit about others saying the crowd wasn't the best. i think that someone else pointed out that it really depended on where you were. i was a dumb ass college kid who let my membership laps in 2000 and only re-upped in 2007. biggest mistake of my life as i ended up in the 312 section for this show (almost wishing i had just bought tickets on my own instead of through 10c, but still big thanks to 10c for ensuring i was in the door). still i absolutely loved being there and tried to stay in it the whole 3.5 hours. but it was really distracting when i was one of the only people standing up for the encores in my section and i started to feel bad for those around me who were trying to enjoy the show too. but i didn't want to sit down because i was at m-f'ing pearl jam and why in the world would i sit down?? also super distracting when the girl next to me so obviously kept covering her ears when i would yell out in excitement - like when they started to play bugs and sweet lew and smile. i mean, seriously, if it's bothering you that much, there was plenty of room to the other side of your boyfriend. switch places with him instead of trying to get me to shut up at a pj show... so yes, i think the crowd around you absolutely can affect the experience no matter how much you totally want to be into it. obviously i think the guys did an amazing job, but i do think we could have helped them be even more floored than they already were. especially by not being quiet during the breaks. that was just sad. either way, completely an epic show and one i will always cherish.
    1998: DC
    2003: Charlotte
    2008: Virginia Beach /  DC / EV Solo DC
    2009: Outside Lands San Fran / Philadelphia 4 / EV Solo Baltimore
    2010: Bristow
    2013: Wrigley Field / Baltimore / Charlottesville
  • Options
    jaw dropping
    face melting
    pance dropping
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    Inside_Job_INInside_Job_IN Indiana Posts: 41
    This show was just amazing, the set list, the crowd and of course the band were all just amazing. It really was a celebration and a great way to say goodbye to the Spectrum. I feel very lucky to have been a part of it. I was also at Friday's show and that was by far the best concert I have ever attended. The energy from the crowd and the band was just incredible, I walked out of there on Friday speechless, emotionally and physically drained. What a great way to wrap up 42 years for an amazing building, Friday was an amazing concert that just highlighted the power of rock and roll. Saturday night was just a fun celebration, with great music, a great show and an incredible way to say goodbye to The Spectrum.

I was lucky to experience this with my friend who introduced me to Pearl Jam, thanks DreamofAngels :D. It was just amazing to share this experience with her, and of course we met so many amazing PJ fans. It was a pleasure to meet you all, and a special shout out to Captain Underpants (Kevin) and his friend from Dallas who we kept running into all day Saturday and Saturday night. It was great to share the experience with you.
    Cincy-2006
    Chicago-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 3)-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 4)-2009
    St. Louis-2010
    Columbus, OH-2010
    Indy, IN-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincy-2014
    St. Louis-2014
    Raleigh, NC-2016 (Cancelled)
    New Orleans Jazz Fest-2016
    Wrigley II-2016
  • Options

Wicked photos!!! Awesome, just awesome!! The Devo outfits are so great!

Thanks - Rolling Stone have actually asked permission to use one of my pics of Ed in his Devo gear for their Random Notes online - check out the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/29950916/random_notes
  • Options
    grieving dicegrieving dice Posts: 61
    edited November 2009
    shmap wrote:
    grieving dice, what were you wearing last night? I was the row behind you, seat 6 (though closer to seat 8 as the people next to me left), black and red plaid shirt. More noticeably, I was there with my 55 year-old mother, having a most fantastic time :P
    Gray shirt with a red Ohio State hat. I think we had seats 11 and 12 or 10 and 11.

So which seat exactly in my row got that ball? 2 or 3?
    Post edited by grieving dice on
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    81 wrote:
    the spectrum floors and staris were dangerous. i took extra precaution when climbing stairs or even just walking around.

No doubt. Right before going to my seat in night 3 I saw two different people take a spill from the same flight of stairs in the span of a minute.
  • Options
    we drove ten hours to get there, and it was worth every bit of it. thanks to the best band in the world for still rockin everybody.
  • Options
    I have been in a daze since friday at the spectrum.I am from uk and to see a home u.s crowd in philly really made the gig a unique experience.You were really up for it.Did not get what all the baseball banter was about who was raul ? does he play for rival team to philly but is a friend of the band? Anyway, I have a confession to make , after seeing the band , my fifth time, I feel almost a sense of loss as I should have seen them more.You see I was 17 when i heard ten and it changed my world, versus followed but at the time i did not get vitalogy .I was not educated enought about eddies musical roots with the who and the ramones, nor the fact that he started playing more guitar around this time.I really missed the searing melodies that had changed my world.So I admit it , i kind of left them to it for a few years and also in my twenties I was skint , very stoned and sorting myself out, as you do in your twenties.Also they did not come to the u.k for as long time.However , I always got their albums and in recent years have rediscovered them all and when they came to reading festival in 2008 jumped at the chance. Since then I have seen them more and more culminating in fridays gig .I was moved by the band more than ever and realised that it is ok to fall back in love with a band, especially one that i remmeber when I was seventeen, i recall having long hair and the grunge surf shorts and the gig back in 1994 left me speechless.I have decided to commit to seeing them even more now and should feel lucky they are still going , it is just tinged with regret for leaving them to it for that period.I guess I had musical flings with other bands but am now forever married to pj.Glad they took me back.Pj fans seem to be inspired by the band more than any other band and all take the world for what it is.We have to make the most of this life and being at a pj gig lives with you forever.
  • Options
    Just a quick thought--

I didn't attend any of the Philly shows, but I did catch all four shows in LA (where I live). I am originally from the east coast, so I've seen Pearl Jam all over the country. After every single show I've ever been to, there are some people who swear it was the best crowd ever, and others who think the crowd sucked. I tend to be an optimist- I always think the crowd is amazing at a Pearl Jam show.

Regardless, I think it's best to enjoy the positive memories of the show and not let any negative feelings about the crowd affect your recollections. Seems like the last two shows in Philly were AMAZING, and anyone who attended should be thrilled.
    2013: Baltimore, Los Angeles (1&2), Seattle
    2009: Los Angeles (1,2,3,4)
    2008: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2003: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2000: Maryland
    1998: Washington, DC
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    shmap wrote:
    grieving dice, what were you wearing last night? I was the row behind you, seat 6 (though closer to seat 8 as the people next to me left), black and red plaid shirt. More noticeably, I was there with my 55 year-old mother, having a most fantastic time :P
    Gray shirt with a red Ohio State hat. I think we had seats 11 and 12 or 10 and 11.

So which seat exactly in my row got that ball? 2 or 3?

I can't remember which seat exactly, I think it was 4. He had a green Billabong shirt and what I recall as a grey baseball cap.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I have been in a daze since friday at the spectrum.I am from uk and to see a home u.s crowd in philly really made the gig a unique experience.You were really up for it.Did not get what all the baseball banter was about who was raul ? does he play for rival team to philly but is a friend of the band? Anyway, I have a confession to make , after seeing the band , my fifth time, I feel almost a sense of loss as I should have seen them more.You see I was 17 when i heard ten and it changed my world, versus followed but at the time i did not get vitalogy .I was not educated enought about eddies musical roots with the who and the ramones, nor the fact that he started playing more guitar around this time.I really missed the searing melodies that had changed my world.So I admit it , i kind of left them to it for a few years and also in my twenties I was skint , very stoned and sorting myself out, as you do in your twenties.Also they did not come to the u.k for as long time.However , I always got their albums and in recent years have rediscovered them all and when they came to reading festival in 2008 jumped at the chance. Since then I have seen them more and more culminating in fridays gig .I was moved by the band more than ever and realised that it is ok to fall back in love with a band, especially one that i remmeber when I was seventeen, i recall having long hair and the grunge surf shorts and the gig back in 1994 left me speechless.I have decided to commit to seeing them even more now and should feel lucky they are still going , it is just tinged with regret for leaving them to it for that period.I guess I had musical flings with other bands but am now forever married to pj.Glad they took me back.Pj fans seem to be inspired by the band more than any other band and all take the world for what it is.We have to make the most of this life and being at a pj gig lives with you forever.

I'm with you man....I actually didn't pick up on them until Vitalogy but would only see them when they came to my city....first time I saw them was in 1998....I sure wish I could go back and pay more attention during all those years...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Best week EVER! Sad it is over, but it was so much fun!!! Lucky to be a part of it all! <3
    :D
  • Options
    WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    That was like an out of body experience...

I only thank them for the incredible show that I witnessed.
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I am still sooooo fucked up from the shows. I can hardly turn my neck, and people have commented all day at how beat I look.
  • Options
    This concert by far exceeded my expectations.

Highlights:
    - Rocky Video
    - Eddie with the gloves. Anyone on here lucky enough to catch one of them?
    - BUGS!...RATS!
    - Jeremy w/ string
    - Confetti and balloons at the end
    - Mike playing SSB at the end

thats all i can think of for now...tons tons more...A perfect send off to The Spectrum

I got one of the gloves, wouldn't say caught though. I turned around looking for it and found it in my seat. I went for it the same time another guy did--we both had our hands on it, but he kindly let me have it. I had it on my right hand nearly the entire night. Thank you Eddie, thank you to the guy who didn't fight me for it, and thank you to my new friend who sold me her extra 10C seat so my 16 y.o. could sit with my husband in mine and see his 2nd show! It was a magical night. Thank you Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Breathing hard, making hay
    Yeah THIS is living!

13034_201814699250_554119250_4067484_3652360_n.jpg

Well done to Janet for the great shot!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am still sooooo fucked up from the shows. I can hardly turn my neck, and people have commented all day at how beat I look.
    damn that sucks. My back and neck are fucked up big time from having seats at the back of floor night 2 and 3. Sucks when you're short. But it was cool being on the floor for the 3 philly shows that I was at. Being 16th row dead center for night 4 helped the pain die down a little bit.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213

Raul Ibanez currenlty plays for the Philadelphia Phillies who are in the World Series. Raul had previously played for the Seattle Mariners and is friends with the members of Pearl Jam through living in Seattle together for years. Since Raul is the man the Phillies crowd chants 'raaauuuul' (elongated like that) whenever he comes up to the plate or in the field.
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Yeah THIS is living!

man, that is awesome!
    it truly is soooo fantastic to see friends from all over the world, time and again, at pearl jam shows!
    *wipes tear*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hinn wrote:
    Yeah THIS is living!

man, that is awesome!
    it truly is soooo fantastic to see friends from all over the world, time and again, at pearl jam shows!
    *wipes tear*

there is something missing in this picture......oh yeah....FUCKING ME!!!!! :twisted:

Glad everyone who went had a spectacular time :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    Hinn wrote:
    Yeah THIS is living!

treewrite.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Hinn wrote:
    Yeah THIS is living!

wow!!!thats amazing foto Hinny,,great my friend..so great people in,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    Night 4 .. Sec 226 .. Row 9 .. Seat 12! :)

Another incredible day. Though started out late. Last night we went to Pat's for some Philly Cheese Steaks. We got back home @ around 3 or 4 in the morning. Kinda sleeped in. We didn't make it to the Preparty @ Turfs. We were late anyway's. We drove to the other side of Broad street. Broad Street is huge. Didn't know the City Hall was in the middle of it. Though it ends there. But it goes around it. D'oh! We drove straight to the end and there wasn't no Spectrum. lol. So we went around. Got some Italian food & off to the tailgate.

G2!!! G2!!! G2!!!! That is parking lot G2!!! Was the place to be. Tailgate party style! We all got there & hanged out before & after the amazing 4 hour something show went down. It was packed with love & friendship. What I loved the most. :)

Show as usual was amazing. Thank god Ed broke out the new's there won't be any Boss, or special guests. Pure Pearl Jam is what I like. Fuck special guests. I payed & want to see my band hard at work. Don't need somebody else on stage!

When the 2nd encore started & the band came up with Devo wear, and broke out Whip It, i flipped out. Ed with those black dark glasses. Jeff & Mike doing the robot, Ed whipping it like crazy style. The place went nuts. *** PLEASE, include this song on the bootleg, and if a DVD comes around!*** There was one scene when Rocking in the Free World was finished & Ed gives the cut to Mike that it was over, seeing Mike with the guitar .. well, it wasn't over! ;) Love Ed's percussion shot @ somebody's homemade basketball net from Mike's site. Ed through that percussion right in the middle. After all the confettie & ballon's washed all over the fan's, Mike breaks out Yellow Ledbetter & an amazing Star Spangled Banner. Bugs sure was a treat, but able to seeing Jeff play Sweet Lew, was an even sweeter treat.

After the show, we all got back to the parking lot, G2. Took dozens & dozens of pictures. You'll find them all over facebook. Lots of hugs & kissess.

Thank You Friends! Thank You Philly! Thank You Pearl Jam! Many day's ago I emailed 10club & my friends that I wasn't gonna make it because of my tight hurting lungs & asthma. I was pretty worried if I passed out & fainted during the tour. I tried as much as possible to control my asthma with these pills & steorids for my lungs. The day's in Philly, hanging out with my friends & the music I love helped me made it though. Thank you all. Hope to see you again in 2010! :)

demetrios
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    I never thought I'd see a show the would surpass Buffalo '03. Well Philly 4 blew it away...What a night, what a city, what a show.

Too many best evers to count...
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Satans Bed & BUGS in the same night ?????

You know ill never forget !!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I think I'm gonna go get myself a tattoo for the first time.

'G2'

That'll do.

That was some monster of a tailgate back there. Nothing else in the parking lots compared.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Well worth the trip from Chicago and so awesome to bring my 15 year old brother...his first plane ride and first PJ show all in one day! We had great seats. Section 214, row 3 seats 1-3. This was my first "Stone's side" show. Believe it or not, it's actually as awesome as Mike's side. Although, I must admit, night 3 was the best set; ever maybe....add night 1 to it, and it pretty much equals all my dreams...I wish I could've been there for the three other shows. Oh well, Happy Halloween! I LOVE BOOTLEGS!!
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:
    WashMyLove wrote:
    It was cool to see most people and the band with cosutmes, including myself. :)
    This show was a Party.

My Highlights:

Eddie coming out with boxing gloves and Jeff with a rabbit mask.
    You Are - Favorite from Riot Act
    Amongst the Waves - seeing the crowd sing loud during this one was nice.
    Rats - So cool for the girl in the front row as per Eddie. He brought toy mice as props and put them on his microphone stand for a while and then he threw it to a fan. At the end of the song a girl came on stage dressed as a mouse. Eddie spinned her and had a little dance. This was so funny to watch.
    I Got Shit - One of my favorites. Thank you guys for playing this one. LOVED IT!
    Glorified G - My friends and I were having a conversation about the songs they might play that night...and how did we forget this little gem. Tisk Tisk on us.Hope someone recorded this.
    Out of My Mind - cool to see for the first time
    Black and Insignificance - :thumbup:
    Bugs - Eddie you did it good! Happy to hear something different on stage from the usual. The important thing is that Eddie didn't give up.
    Whip It (Devo) - WOW! Loved the costumes. Funny too. Specially seeing Mike do the robbot move and Eddie using the whip, that was priceless!
    Crown of Thorns - As always beautiful to see.
    Sweet Lew - Jeff on the mic and dressed with a basketball jersey and Eddie on backup vocals and dribling a basketball during the song. Very interesting to see his b-ball skills.
    Smile - makes me :)

A memorable night indeed. Thank you Pearl Jam and the crowd for making it spectacular! :clap:
    \

good recap!! Loved most of the same...what about the Gene Simmons comments followed by the "Mom Jokes..." priceless!

hahahaha...How did I forget to mentioned that. ;) Mike and Eddie are going to get introuble with their mothers.
  • Options
    It's the way shows used to be, the way they should be again 3 and half hours of rock and roll, playing 15 year old tunes like for the first time, it was amazing!!!!! But who stole My Pearl Jam pumpkin LOL......Savages!!!!!!