Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    everything in my life had been leading up to that show...the unity and abundant loyalty of the crowd that night was a precious thing to bear; its incomprehensible to anyone who has never experienced going to a PJ show where the surrounding audience doesn't care or know about any songs that are not from mainstream radio, just how special it is to have such camaraderie amongst the fans during the show...and my, oh my, BUGS!!...SATAN'S BED!!!!...SWEET LEW!!!!...INSIGNIFICANCE!!!!
    the heightened endorphins/serotonin levels in my brain were so high, i didn't mind the 8 hr drive home to Cleveland...wish i could have gone to the other shows (especially after i saw the set lists from those nights) but im dirt poor, on a fixed income, and well, from Cleveland...

by and by the way, when i picked up my tickets for the Halloween show at the Spectrum, i saw a sign posted on the inside of the front doors stating that they were filming the show that night;(i wish i would have taken a picture of this posting for proof)...i also had a non-news camera in my face for a moment inside right before PJ played...i don't know if any of this adds up to the rumours of a DVD release of the show, but I'll keep my fingers crossed...

all ramblings aside--
    i too would love to know when the bootleg of the Philly shows will be available for my listening pleasure!
    does anyone happen to have knowledge of the release dates?
  • Options
    Here are my photos from the night.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... e94aCreate an Ad

If anyone has a good photo or video of Eddie throwing a tambourine to the guy with the sign w/ a hole in it(me) during RIFL, please let me know.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    welcome new people
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Have to put my stamp on this. Went to the show. Had amazing 10c seats courtesy of my husband's friend. I have seen Pearl Jam a couple times before and every time I worry that I do not know all of the songs that they play. Honestly, I am a bigger fan of the earlier albums. But you know what, this show was awesome. It was special already because of the Spectrum closing, and Halloween and just being there for hours and hours, living through this with the band and the fans, I really enjoyed that. I am so impressed by their candour and just talking to the house, like... I have never been to a show like that. And I did enjoy 'Bugs', a lot, even though the cd version kind of turned me off. And many other songs that I didn't know I liked so much like 'Rats' and 'Insignificance' etc
    Anyways, you have a convert! I am a new old Pearl Jam fan, now trying to collect all of their recordings lying around the house in dusty corners, joined the club and everything. Can't wait for next time! :D
    ~ peace

p.s. corduroy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2h_s3kCPoE

awesome post!

that youtube link is sooo incredible and it brought back a wonderful rush of postive emotion(s) for me. emotions of a show/trip/experience that i will never ever forget. corduroy huh! i was somewhat worried it wouldn't be played that night. BUT! anyways, it was an incredible night for everyone involved. pj, 10c and everyone from top to bottom of the organization helped make that night EPIC. thank you for the food inc dvd, and every other thing, is all i can say!

i'm not sad(?) to think that there is a slight chance that it was one of THE BAND'S PEAK SHOWS EVER, to which most other shows will be judged against, but that is only because i carry faith in the fact that the band can get "there" again. they have it in them and it keeps me a fan. lucky us, for picking them.

the band has really had such a fine year. they are having fun, playing as good as ever, and i'm happy to hear rumors for 2010!

LONG LIVE PEARL JAM

oh...and they covered devo and jeff ruled supreme on sweet lew
  • Options
    When will these awesome Philly shows be on bootleg???? Can't wait to relive night 4!!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    zeppelin2 wrote:
    When will these awesome Philly shows be on bootleg???? Can't wait to relive night 4!!!!

till the official bootlegs are available, you can download a sweet audience recording over @ bt.etree.org via torrent style. :)
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Still looking to buy the 10/31 poster (face value) from someone on here who pre-ordered it and now doesn't want it. A few people have contacted me but their offers have fallen through for one reason or another.

Please PM me if you are looking to get rid of yours.

Thanks
    -DMW
  • Options
    This long 42 song set was unbelievable. I sat in the second row near Mike. This was truly another amazing show. This by far was the longest set I have ever seen . They keep on rocking hard and the energy at these shows is what keeps them going. I see Pearl Jam being a band for many years to come, because the energy is just so big at the live shows.

Thanks for New music guys, Backspacer is short, but sweet
    09/28/96 Randalls Island,NY 1 09/29/96 Randalls Island 2, 09/10/98 Madison Square Garden,NY 1, 09/11/98 MSG 2, 08/23/00 Jones Beach,NY 1, 08/24/00 Jones Beach 2, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 3, 07/08/03 MSG 1, 07/09/03 MSG 2, 07/12/03 Hershey Park,PA, 06/25/05 MSG, 09/30/05 Borgata Hotel,NJ, 06/03/06 Contintental Arena,NJ, 06/25/08 MSG, 10/31/09 Wachovia Center,Phil , UPCOMING FOR 2010-MSG 2 05/21/2010~~~Continental Arena,NJ 05/18/2010
  • Options
    They just release some of the Australian Shows today and still no Philly show. My bet is some special box set like the did with the Gorge shows.
  • Options
    Does any one know if PJ is going to release the Philly 10/31 show on bootleg?
    Andrew
  • Options
    To the guy sitting in the 300s section back left corner.. Mike's side..wearing this "Rocker" Halloween costume with fake tattoo sleeves who kept turning to everyone behind him (he was in the front row) and giving everybody the finger for a solid half-hour straight...you are a douche-bag

I was going through my pics from that night and came across this A-hole in one of them. Alllll the anger came back. Not sure if you were trying to be cool or if you were drunk or maybe it was your first concert..who knows.

Other than that..best night of my life!!! :)
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Options
    Those Philly shows have got to be a commercial release, otherwise they would have been posted by now. The setlists look amazing, and it looks like they played Backspacer in its entirety. I can't wait for this bootleg to be released one way or another.
  • Options
    qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    anybody bring home a piece of the spectrum?

i ripped off the back of the folding chair i was sitting on -- in row 19

now it is mounted above the Tom T. poster
  • Options
    qcrete wrote:

A piece of the Spectrum?!?!? I was just happy to make it outta those catacomb restrooms with my virginity intact. :shock:
    Awesome show though. I still LMAO whenevr i think about the guys doing robotic Whip It and Jeff belting out Sweet Lew.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Options
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    To the guy sitting in the 300s section back left corner.. Mike's side..wearing this "Rocker" Halloween costume with fake tattoo sleeves who kept turning to everyone behind him (he was in the front row) and giving everybody the finger for a solid half-hour straight...you are a douche-bag
    :lol::lol::lol: Just to be clear, this wasn't me, but what did you expect... you were in Philly. I once went to an Eagle game as a Packer fan, and the nicest thing they said to us was that we ate sperm for breakfast. Douchebag... thy label is 'Philadelphian' :mrgreen:;)
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Slow Moe wrote:
    qcrete wrote:

A piece of the Spectrum?!?!? I was just happy to make it outta those catacomb restrooms with my virginity intact. :shock:
    Awesome show though. I still LMAO whenevr i think about the guys doing robotic Whip It and Jeff belting out Sweet Lew.

When I went to the men's room during one of the encores about five guys were busy trying to rip apart the fire exit signs and part of the sinks from the walls. I think they were unsuccessful.
  • Options
    MyburningbridgesMyburningbridges Montreal Posts: 4
    This was an epic night!!! Loved it!!
    Does anyone knows if they're planning on releasing the bootleg from that show?
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA 10/31
    2010 - Buffalo, NY 05/10 // New York City, NY 05/20
    2011 - Canberra, ACT, Australia 03/15 (EV) // Montreal, QC, Canada 09/07
    2013 - London, ON, Canada 07/16
  • Options
    This was an epic night!!! Loved it!!
    Does anyone knows if they're planning on releasing the bootleg from that show?
    Ive been checking the site everyday since the show for these bootlegs! Does anyone know why they have not been released yet/if & when they will?
  • Options
    Are we getting bootlegs of the 4 Philadelphia shows? I have been waiting. Really want to have a lasting memory of these incredible shows. Was at all 4 and want to relive them again. Are they coming??? I sure hope so.
  • Options
    erik768erik768 Decatur, GA Posts: 117
    boots please :D
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,467
    erik768 wrote:
    boots please :D

What he said.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Bootleg Update.

For those of you thinking Philly will becoming before the end of the year. They ain't. Can't really provide any more info than they will be released and that they are being worked on, things are still getting sorted out with them. As I always say patience will be rewarded.

We are going to start working on the BOX set to house all these in early 2010 so that should be coming soon as well if that gets the thumbs up to move forward.

We appreciate your support of this series of releases and we hope it has been a good experience for you. We wish all of you a happy holidays and this will most likely be the last update from us for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    ^ Thanks for the update. These were such amazing shows they deserve an amazing release, til then the auds can get me by!
  • Options
    I'd never heard it before, but I'm so glad I got film of Out Of My Mind from which I was able to strip out the audio. I grove on that just about everyday, often several times a day. Can't wait to fire up a clean version from the official release 8-)
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Hopefully the Blu-ray is slowing down the boot release...
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    PASSION76PASSION76 Posts: 136
    I wasn't at the Philly shows but the stories, reviews and setlists have left me hangin to hear the boots and dvd if we are that lucky.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    it's been two months and two weeks and i still cant get over what i saw that night.i,ve been to hundreds of concerts.i,ve seen every great band you could hope to see live.but nothing can top what pearl jam did that night.that concert,the night,the mood of the crowd.the mood of the band!!!!the AMAZING SET LIST!!!!the last concert ever @the spectrum.WOW WHAT A FRIGGEN NIGHT!!!!!!danced my ass of the whole night long.
  • Options
    Well I finally got my Halloween show photos posted, It has been a busy few months to say the least...

Enjoy: http://www.moemoephoto.com/?p=664
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    If they video recorded this, how epic would a DVD be of the last 4 shows @ the Spectrum?!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2