*** Philadelphia 4 Fanviews Here 10/31/09 ***

Comments

• It happened again.

I'm always disappointed by the newest PJ release and then I go to a show and the music makes so much more sense. It really comes alive for me. PJ MUST be seen live.

10/31 show was fun for us. 17 rows back in the center.
    Surrounded by very energized fans.
    Bugs.
    Drove down from MA to see the show. Worth the trip.

Only regret for the night is that I missed Hold On. They played it the night before.
    Hold On

• Those are my photos, I will have more up on my website soon. I also shot the 27th show so those will be posted first and then I will get the 31st up after.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • youngvedderyoungvedder Canada Posts: 102
    here are a few links to videos I did..both in HD and the sound is actually pretty good.

I was located in the 316's, so the angle is not the best..

bugs (first attempt): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hIeHFNwCDc
    Out Of My Mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfdy2BhskxI

more to come..

Yv

a few more:

Pilate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGP2vFUYmVQ
    I'm Open: http://www.youtube.com/user/youngvedder ... jbfXeFg1IY
    Intro: http://www.youtube.com/user/youngvedder ... cbFoO5hqYw

enjoy!

Yv
    8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • It happened again.

I'm always disappointed by the newest PJ release and then I go to a show and the music makes so much more sense. It really comes alive for me. PJ MUST be seen live.

10/31 show was fun for us. 17 rows back in the center.
    Surrounded by very energized fans.
    Bugs.
    Drove down from MA to see the show. Worth the trip.

Only regret for the night is that I missed Hold On. They played it the night before.
    Did I meet you at the Dunkin Donuts right before the NJ Turnpike?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • michaelomichaelo Morgantown, PA. USA Posts: 57
    My husband just handed me this article from this morning's sports page:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/68147022.html

Posted on Sun, Nov. 1, 2009

Music and baseball make for electricity

One time the Grateful Dead were in town, and the Eagles - the football team, not the band - had to walk through a bunch of tailgating Deadheads on the way to practice on the grass fields outside Veterans Stadium.

A few hours later, an offensive lineman named Bob Landsee stood in line at a South Philly sandwich shop behind a few laid-back fellows in tie-dyed T-shirts.

"Those guys need to get a life," Landsee reported later.

True story.

I had tickets to both. I'll never forget coming out of the game and seeing Eagles fans beating the living shit out of some of those peace loving Deadheads all the way down the ramp to the Spectrum where they take... :cry: took the equipment in and out of the building. The cops on horseback had to rescue them. Ahhhh memories. I have many from that neighborhood. Ice capades,circus,Lippizaner Stallions,Truck-O-Rama,Flyers,Sixers and most of all rock and roll. My first show of my life was the Rolling Stones with Stevie Wonder opening. OMFG what a show. From the first notes of Fanfare when the giant lifts on both sides of the stage,loaded with a mountain of speakers on each, rose to second level height, to the last notes of Mick and Stevie doing Satisfaction as the encore I was mesmerized. I became hooked on live R&R for the rest of my life. Pink Floyd, Genesis,Zappa, Dead, Ten Years After....I could go on forever. The happiest moments of my life happened in that building. Well I'd be lying if Floyd doing the Wall in Nassau and Neil Young at the Trocadero with with the Bluenotes wasn't included as they were pretty fucking happy,too. The message is this...Pearl Jam is certainly right up there with the top 5.I guess I should say top 10 since I've been lucky enough to get in all 5 PJ Spectrum shows. No Way and Out Of My Mind were precious to me. Truly an honor to be in the house to hear them live. As for Whip It, being the rock and roll idiot I am I had thought perhaps the band had heard the legend of Devon,PA. . It's a town outside of Valley Forge which is outside Philly. Route 202 runs through it and there are exit signs for Devon that for many years were altered by some stoners who would use, as close to the same green color of the signs, to paint over the "n" and thus everyone called the place Devo. Well us kids anyway. Every once in a while there would be an article in the newspaper about how much they had spent replacing those signs. They eventually just kept repainting the "n". Doesn't happen anymore but it's folklore for you all.
    Anywho the shows were great and fun and sad all at the same time as I'll never be able to walk around the place anymore remembering all the great times I've spent there. Sometimes when I hear a song I heard live there I can smell the place and for just that one moment light enters my heart and all is well with the world. I'm glad PJ is part of those memories.
  • klem62klem62 Posts: 26
    What a way to close out one of the great places to see rock n roll in the Philly area! A great show with tons of highlights, amongst the waves, I got Sh#t, Crown of Thorns, Whip it with the band in full costume, RITFW with the most confetti I`ve ever seen airborne in my entire life! Seeing Boom in a Phillies hat early in the show cracked me up, he must have the biggest head I`ve ever seen! I know some people say the crowd wasn`t the best but when you have all day to drink on the weekend shows, well it takes its toll on people. My friend got a beer dumped down his back during the first encore but hey, that`s a rock show y`know? I must admit at the end I felt sad knowing this was the end of an era. I`m 47 and i`ve seen shows there for over 30 years. Black Sabbath with opening band Van Halen was one of the first, Aerosmith, Billy Joel, Genesis, The Who, Clapton, the list goes on forever. Pearl jam was the icing on the cake, its great to see the band still has "it" after all these years. Ed is the most comfortable i`ve ever seen him at the front of the stage and Mike can still shred his guitar, though I wish sometimes he would turn that thing up about two notches. I miss the days when that lead guitar would dominate the live shows! Nice to see the band finally has a world class light show to go along the sound! Anyway thanks to 10Club for the great seats and Thanks again to the band for helping us old rockers relive those glory days! PEARL JAM ROCKS! OLD GUYS RULE! peace all :D
    "You`re finally here and I`m a mess"
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    As a former resident of Devo Blvd. (#19) in Devo, PA. , and spray paint wielding Devo dweebo (is the statute of limitations up ?) , Thank you michaelo for the walk down memory lane . I lived in Devo from 1966 to 1986 .

I was also at the Black Sabbath - Van Halen show. Other great shows in that sardine can with sweaty walls and slick floors : Bruce Springsteen opened for Chicago , 6/15/73 , and got booed . I cut out of Mom's 36th birthday early , Bruce rocks and she doesn't ...much , and she still hasn't forgotten to this day; Bob Marley opened for Chicago in 1975 and got booed ( what is it about Chicago ? I mean , WTF ?) ; Guns and Roses opening for AC/DC . Great memories.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sea wrote:
    October 31, 2009 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Wachovia Spectrum Arena
    Opening: Bad Religion

Set List: Why Go, Last Exit, Corduroy, Severed Hand, The Fixer, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, You Are, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Pilate, Unthought Known, Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 (Waters), Johnny Guitar, Rats, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Glorified G, Out Of My Mind, Black, Insignificance, Life Wasted

1st encore: Just Breathe w/string quartet, The End w/string quartet, Low Light, Speed Of Sound, Jeremy w/string quartet, Inside Job, Bugs w/string quartet, Spin The Black Circle, Porch

2nd encore: Whip It (Devo), Got Some, Crown Of Thorns (Mother Love Bone), Satan's Bed, Sweet Lew, Do the Evolution, Better Man/Save It For Later (English Beat), Smile, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
    Thank you :)

we will never see anything like this again
  • Hard to think that it's taken me a week to post anything about SHOW 4.

Still trying to go through my 200 photos to weed out the blurs....got a bunch of little vid clips & some longer ones....

It was tough to have a 304 section as a 10C member (seemed kinda far away), but I gotta say that the view of the whole Spectrum during Rocking in the Free World & Yellow Ledbedder was magical. Thank goodness I have a 10x zoom to get some close-ups :)

The music didn't seem to end - we really felt part of something special that night.

Gotta say that the jumbo-tron images were awesome - very artistically handled - Matt's foot beating on the bass drum, the fish-eye view from the backstage camera, all in black n white = very cool indead.

Thanks for taking it to the limit - pushing the envelope - Rats.........Smile.........- really can't pinch myself awake from the experience yet.

Hey, thanks for the Food, Inc dvd!

Peace, people
    ~I miss you already...........i miss you always~
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    finally got around to taking a pic of the setlist and uploading it. this was Mike's setlist, and it was torn slightly as it was removed from the stage:

phpiCKUg7PM.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    100 Pacer wrote:
    finally got around to taking a pic of the setlist and uploading it. this was Mike's setlist, and it was torn slightly as it was removed from the stage:

phpiCKUg7PM.jpg

Damm that looks nice man i wish i was there again :mrgreen: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    100 Pacer wrote:

phpiCKUg7PM.jpg
    could you maybe find out what the bruce song was. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for you to find out.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    So the set list says "Outta My Mind" and the database says "Out Of My Mind"

which one is correct?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    So the set list says "Outta My Mind" and the database says "Out Of My Mind"

which one is correct?

Out of My Mind is the correct title
  • CR68574CR68574 Queens, NY Posts: 4
    throughtout all the shows since 94 i always thought the randalls island show in 96 was far superoir then any other including bonnaroo and msg shows then they come out with this epic halloween show that just blew me away. they are fine wine that just keep getting better and better. i was in awe with the whole show, can't wait for more!
    CR68574 wrote:
    throughtout all the shows since 94 i always thought the randalls island show in 96 was far superoir then any other including bonnaroo and msg shows then they come out with this epic halloween show that just blew me away. they are fine wine that just keep getting better and better. i was in awe with the whole show, can't wait for more!

nice first post, welcome. Glad you enjoyed the Philly show. It was one for the record books. They all were if you ask me. I had the week of a life time, right in my own back yard. Who would have thought??
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    100 Pacer wrote:

phpiCKUg7PM.jpg

Damm that looks nice man i wish i was there again :mrgreen: ..
    Oh too bad no soldier of love :cry:
  • fuck bruck song??? what was that gonna be????
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Here is my rambling from Philly 4:
    Started off great, found a green "working pass" sticker in parking lot H from the 10/30 show. It was just laying there on the ground in the rain.
    Then went to get my 10c tickets, section 314 row 4, stone side. Upper level but a great view close to the stage.
    Went over to the Turf Club to check everyone out at the WISHLIST Foundation fundraiser/preparty, packed with fans.
    Then I went down the steps of the Spectrum and saw Matt Cord from WMMR, said Hi and he put me on the radio for an interview. Then we walked to the side of the Spectrum to listen to sound check.
    Then, I saw a small line at a stand with PJ stuff, they were selling the poster early, got the poster and put it in my car. I did not have to carry it around, how sweet!
    Doors open at 6:30pm, headed to the bathroom before the crowd packs in and there was a PJ/Phillies shirt, got one no problem.
    Bad Religion played a great set, with Eddie on vocals for one song.
    Then the best show of my life started, what a great time. How many times can you review an AWESOME show like the Philly Halloween show. They even played SWEET LEW, I will brag again, I CALLED IT!!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108775
    Crown of Thorns, Bugs, Amongst the Waves, WOW!!
    All I can say is THANK YOU!! :D
  • finally uploaded my pix !

Hopefully it works :think: :problem: :thumbup:

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz27 ... 1258081651
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Did anyone pre-order the 10/31 print form 10c and now doesn't want it? Please PM me. I went to the show but didn't want to look after it during the show. Now I'd like to track one down.
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    CR68574 wrote:

Ya philly brought me to approx 28 shows and i dont know, its kind of weird but i feel this sense of closure after being in philly... i mean i know they will find ways to continuily surprise us and all their shows rock and there will be more amazing shows... but after philly i dont think ill ever obsess over a setlist again... it was just a DREAM... like when you think to yourself oh man imagine if i went to a pearl jam show and they just fucking played forever and played bugs and yada yada... haha ive had the conversation with myself a trillion times since 1996 when i became a DIE HARD fan... and on halloween i feel like that conversation came through! haha

Also, once again and ive said it in numerous threads... im from mass not philly... THANK YOU PHILLY CROWD!!!! The crowd for these Spectrum shows was electric the last 2 nights... it was so awesome to see and watch... i found myself watching the crowd as much as the band sometimes... Amazing feeling to be there... certainly something i will never forget...

MSG 03 & 08
    MANSFIELD 00 & 03& 08
    BOSTON Leash show 06
    Hartford 08
    just some of the many shows ive been to, ive seen some of their best ever... i feel so lucky!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • fuck bruck song??? what was that gonna be????

Don't you mean BRUCE song??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    ragejoe wrote:
    CR68574 wrote:

Ya philly brought me to approx 28 shows and i dont know, its kind of weird but i feel this sense of closure after being in philly... i mean i know they will find ways to continuily surprise us and all their shows rock and there will be more amazing shows... but after philly i dont think ill ever obsess over a setlist again... it was just a DREAM... like when you think to yourself oh man imagine if i went to a pearl jam show and they just fucking played forever and played bugs and yada yada... haha ive had the conversation with myself a trillion times since 1996 when i became a DIE HARD fan... and on halloween i feel like that conversation came through! haha

Also, once again and ive said it in numerous threads... im from mass not philly... THANK YOU PHILLY CROWD!!!! The crowd for these Spectrum shows was electric the last 2 nights... it was so awesome to see and watch... i found myself watching the crowd as much as the band sometimes... Amazing feeling to be there... certainly something i will never forget...

MSG 03 & 08
    MANSFIELD 00 & 03& 08
    BOSTON Leash show 06
    Hartford 08
    just some of the many shows ive been to, ive seen some of their best ever... i feel so lucky!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

what a great post. I was at all four shows and I agree, the last two nights there was most definitely something extremely special about the crowds. Not to put down the other two nights because they were awesome too, but Friday and Saturday were just different. I had great seats for all four shows and got a chance to see the crowds from a different perspective 3 out of 4 nights. That was a neat experience for me.

Being second row on Saturday, I can't tell you how COOL it was to turn around and look at everyone in the place, it was really special, because I've called the Philly area my home for many, many years now. I've seen lots of Flyers games, concerts etc in that old place but nothing like those last four shows.

NOTHING.

Thank you Pearl Jam. These memories will go with me to the grave.
  • I know a few weeks have passed, but I wanted to personally thank the Ten Club. We all tend to take you for granted. Thank you. My seats for 10/27 and 10/31 were amazing. Secondly, if there are two shows to buy boots for, it's 10/30 and 10/31...two of the most amazing PJ concerts ever. I've seen 30+ shows and these two were by far the best.
  • When will these boots be released? I'm going through withdrawal.
  • arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    a review posted at popmatters http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/116 ... elphia-pa/ just saw it, not sure if its already posted here.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    thanks to Lisa i have a copy of the setlist..thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Some things are hard to put into words. Some things aren't.
    Some bad things are so bad they are hard to put into words.
    Some good things are so good they are hard to put into words.
    Some things just change your life.
    The Pearl Jam show on Halloween did just that for me.
    It was simply one of the best nights of my entire life.
    I will never forget it.
    My story below gives you (those who wish to read it) some background about where I've been the past 3 1/2 years. Maybe you'll understand why I was touched by this show so much. Read on. I warn you, it's kind of personal, but I'm in the mood to share this story.

If you have a bad day, it's easy; my boss is such a @%$% %#%$ and a %#$@% and then he/she said@%%%%@....! Not to mention, that new hire who is such a suck-up. That little %@%@ is such a @$%%@$ %@#%@#.

When you find out the woman you've fallen in love with has borderline personality disorder 1 year into the relationship, it's tough to put into words to other people why you stuck it out for so long with someone who would hit you, scream at you, and threaten you with physical harm if you left. It's tough when every single Saturday at 1:30pm for the last 1 1/2 years of the relationship she would flip from this intellectual, mensa smart, model beautiful woman to Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction in a nanosecond; and return to her former self about 5-6 hours later, completely, and then look at you like you're overreacting. The 85 missed calls in one night. The butcher knife she pulled out and held in front of me when I finally had the guts to break up with her and the frozen moment in time when we both stood there, 2 feet away from each other; me thinking I was too late to save myself, wondering why my life was going to end up like this, and her, shaking, dead-eye staring at me with the craziest eyes you've ever seen, a mixture of panic, fear, uncertainty, loss of control, violent intent, and most of all, a genuinely scared little girl that never got past the abuse of her stepfather. We stood like that for maybe 30 seconds, and they were the scariest 30 seconds of my life. It could have gone one way, it could have gone the other. She turned and walked outside, still clutching the butcher knife in her right hand, clad only in a g-string and a tank top with no bra, tears, fear, head turned down. I watched this whole thing and said a silent prayer for having my life spared in that instant. I remember watching her outside, just standing there, staring into her abandoned soul, helpless. Me, I had to get to work, and I was scared beyond belief, still in shock. I turned towards the shower but went to look for my dog before jumping in. I found him cowered in a corner. I led him into the bathroom with me and locked the door while I took a shower. I was afraid to leave him out there with her. Stepping out of the shower I looked into the mirror, looked lovingly down at my dog, and then back into the mirror. I remember these thoughts going through my head. "Don't ever forget this day. No matter how hard it is to stay away from her, no matter how much you love her, don't ever forget the day you were afraid for your life in her presence. How you were afraid that she'd actually harm your dog if you had not taken him into the bathroom with you. I stared deep into my own eyes to strengthen my resolve, and moved towards the bathroom door. I called out for her before opening the door, and then, with trepidation, I slowly opened the door a crack, afraid she would spring forth from the darkened morning hallway with knife in hand. She wasn't there. I cautiously looked around the first floor of the house for her. Couldn't find her. I called out for her, she didn't respond. I was starting to get scared. Would I have to call 911? (looking back in retrospect, I should've called 911 moments after she pulled the knife on me). Panic was seeping in. I rushed upstairs, called out her name, still no response. I had visions of her sleepwalking through the neighborhood with a butcher knife in a g-string. I was scared shitless. I looked in the master bedroom. Nothing. I rushed into the guest room upstairs...and there she was. She was sitting on the floor, in a near catatonic state, her legs bent back at the knee, left foot splayed out and right foot splayed out so that she sitting on her rear end. There she sat in outerspace, not responding, folding her laundry in slow motion. She mumbled something which I cannot recall. I turned and walked slowly down the stairs, grabbed my dog, and got the hell out of there.

Fast forward nearly two years later. The knife incident happened in late November of 2007. Since that time, I've spent quite a great deal of time healing from that awful time in my life. My own fault for not helping myself sooner, but what's important is that I found the strength to get myself out. Back in June of this year I felt my creativity begin to return to it's former self. I began to really get excited about music again. Pearl Jam has always been my favorite band but it had been a while since I'd seen them in concert. I'd last seen them in concert back in November of 1995. It was the Spartan Stadium show, a make-up show for the one they had to cut short after only 6 songs or so because Eddie had a violent case of food poisoning. The spartan stadium show was and still is one of the best days of my life. For whatever reason, seeing Pearl Jam made me feel more alive, more in touch with my core, than most anything in my life. What the hell was I waiting for? I bought tickets to Outside Lands. The Outside Lands show was good but maybe I wasn't completely over so and so. The crowd wasn't that into it. I still wasn't in the right place.

Jump ahead. to late September of this year. Early one morning on a Friday I was fired from my Sales job of 5 1/2 years. My performance wasn't up to par they said. It was corporate bullshit. My boss started crying before I did. I walked out of there and felt something unexpected. This huge sense of relief was washing over me. Wow. I felt incredibly light all of a sudden. I thought too myself...it's time to travel a bit, and, I want to see Pearl Jam again! Like soon! I had seen how they were going to be playing on Halloween night at the spectrum in Philadelphia. I convinced my friend to go because he's a huge fan of Bad Religion. The trip was set. We were gonna go. I was stoked.

Jump ahead to the night before the show. I met a girl. I liked her instantly. An instant connection if you will. Sparks. Something I had not felt since....a very long time ago. I'd dated girls since the break-up buy my mind and soul was elsewhere. There was no vacancy within.

There were two girls and both wanted to go to the Pearl Jam show with us. They were willing to plunk down $200 each for tickets. We couldn't believe our luck.

The rest is history. My expectations were high but somehow the show exceeded my wildest dreams. I did not expect to have one of the best kisses I've had in my entire life with this beautiful girl while Eddie was crooning "Just Breathe." It was an entirely magic moment. Spiritual. Life-changing. Course-shifting. I remember standing up to belt out the lyrics to Porch along with the crowd and the band. I was behind the stage and looked out at what Eddie saw. Lights illuminating the faces in the crowd. Eddie singing that final biting, rising, passionate verse to Porch. I've never felt anything quite like it. So resonant. It was a moment in which I felt I crossed over to some sort of oneness with everyone there. Beautiful. I turned to the girl I was with and said to her, "this is probably the best night of my entire life." I was happy again. It was real. I had moved on. I was happier than I ever thought possible. Alive. Whip-it. Bugs. Amongst the Waves. The End. Last Exit. Yellow Ledbetter. Balloons. Mike and the SSB. It was a raw, non-staged, non-faked, completely vulnerable, flow experience. I walked out of the concert with this woman's arm hooked around mine. We walked aimlessly in the rain, talking on the phone to my friend who was trying to direct us to where he was at with the other girl. We really didn't try all that hard to find him, we were just happily, giddily, walking through the lite rain, laughing, kissing, smiling, Smile. : ) I think I'm love with her.

In sum, I didn't think I could ever be that happy again. The events of the past 3 1/2 years cast a dark cloud of gloom over my life. It was probably the worst time of my life. I knew I was on the road to real recovery after that show. I knew that because I didnt' even think about it. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until after I returned home from the trip that I realized I had totally forgotten about my ex-girlfriends birthday. A sure sign I had departed that part of my life.

So when I say the Pearl Jam show on Halloween was a spiritual life-changing experience. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. To Pearl Jam, it's hard to find the words to describe what that show meant to me, but I did my best to describe it here. :D Thank you. :mrgreen: Thank you. :D Thank you. 8-) Thank you. :D Thank you. I'll never forget it.
  • Have to put my stamp on this. Went to the show. Had amazing 10c seats courtesy of my husband's friend. I have seen Pearl Jam a couple times before and every time I worry that I do not know all of the songs that they play. Honestly, I am a bigger fan of the earlier albums. But you know what, this show was awesome. It was special already because of the Spectrum closing, and Halloween and just being there for hours and hours, living through this with the band and the fans, I really enjoyed that. I am so impressed by their candour and just talking to the house, like... I have never been to a show like that. And I did enjoy 'Bugs', a lot, even though the cd version kind of turned me off. And many other songs that I didn't know I liked so much like 'Rats' and 'Insignificance' etc
    Anyways, you have a convert! I am a new old Pearl Jam fan, now trying to collect all of their recordings lying around the house in dusty corners, joined the club and everything. Can't wait for next time! :D
    ~ peace

p.s. corduroy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2h_s3kCPoE
    " I'm like an opening band for the sun "